• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

21 female new to SingleDivers from NJ

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#106 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:39 PM

That def sucks!! Good luck to you! Let us know how you make out!

If you hear a loud "BOOM," things didn't go well! :cool:

On the bright side, you prolly won't know if you screwed up... :P
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#107 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:43 PM

We don't even want to think in those terms. Positive Vibes, Good Kharma and all that kinda stuff.

That def sucks!! Good luck to you! Let us know how you make out!

If you hear a loud "BOOM," things didn't go well! :cool:

On the bright side, you prolly won't know if you screwed up... :P

Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#108 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:44 PM

Hey guys!!! We're def going to be there Sunday!! Where are you going to be?? We might be going Sat too but Sun is a def! let me know where to meet everyone!!! Dad's excited lol..

Moose- I asked Don (Hunterdon Scuba) about you and he knew exactly who you were haha.

I'm sorry, but I'm out for this weekend. Our unit got called out to do a search on Sat.

Here's what details I can talk about...

7/3 two adult males were caught on camera walking towards a international insurance companies headquarters with a small white box. They walked out of range of the camera. About 40 mins later, they reappeared walking away from the building but without the box.

Local searches of the grounds didn't turn up the box. Since there is a huge holding basin that they were near, they requested a complete search of the basin. This is a water basin, about 8-10 foot deep filled with duck poop, fertilzer, a host of other chemicals, and who KNOWS what was in this box.

And yes, I'm the first diver to go in! :P

It's not everyday you can go play in zero viz, duck poop filled, chemical laden water, looking for something that may or may not go boom! :lmao:

OMG!! Please tell me you're getting paid an astronomical amount of money to do this. :cool:

#109 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

Somehow I doubt if he is. Even if he was its still not enough though.

Hey guys!!! We're def going to be there Sunday!! Where are you going to be?? We might be going Sat too but Sun is a def! let me know where to meet everyone!!! Dad's excited lol..

Moose- I asked Don (Hunterdon Scuba) about you and he knew exactly who you were haha.

I'm sorry, but I'm out for this weekend. Our unit got called out to do a search on Sat.

7/3 two adult males were caught on camera walking towards a international insurance companies headquarters with a small white box. They walked out of range of the camera. About 40 mins later, they reappeared walking away from the building but without the box.

Local searches of the grounds didn't turn up the box. Since there is a huge holding basin that they were near, they requested a complete search of the basin. This is a water basin, about 8-10 foot deep filled with duck poop, fertilzer, a host of other chemicals, and who KNOWS what was in this box.

It's not everyday you can go play in zero viz, duck poop filled, chemical laden water, looking for something that may or may not go boom! :lmao:

OMG!! Please tell me you're getting paid an astronomical amount of money to do this. :cool:

Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#110 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:03 PM

Somehow I doubt if he is. Even if he was its still not enough though.

I agree!!!
Angela aka MissOcean
I feel like a fish out of water...unless of course..I'm diving!

#111 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

Actually, this dive isn't paid at all. And it's my gear that has to get decontaminated afterwards, which really takes years off of the life of equipment like dry suits, regs and such.
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#112 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:26 PM

OMG!! Please tell me you're getting paid an astronomical amount of money to do this. :P

Actually, this dive isn't paid at all. And it's my gear that has to get decontaminated afterwards, which really takes years off of the life of equipment like dry suits, regs and such.

Please tell me you have a full face mask. :cool:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#113 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:28 PM

Wow I give you a lot of credit!
Angela aka MissOcean
I feel like a fish out of water...unless of course..I'm diving!

#114 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

Ugh, tell me they will at least reimburse you some money for gear?
Drew Z.

#115 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:16 PM

We don't even want to think in those terms. Positive Vibes, Good Kharma and all that kinda stuff.

Oh, of course, but then again I do tend to have a morbid sense of humor, and it has gotten me in trouble with some buddies at ammo supply points before. And they REALLY hate to see people tossing grenades around, even if they are dummies...
Drew Z.

#116 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:37 AM

How would you decontaminate gear?

We had a rocket come in one day that didn't explode, but people were freaked. I wanted to take a picture, but no....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users