• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

"Assigned Buddies"

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:43 PM

If I knew the prices for the NC trip maybe I could plan for it...Oh WreckWench!!! Where are you babe!!! Oct is definately a date I can do!

Hey girlie...should have the final prices tomorrow....unfortunatlely not to scare anyone but the NC coast is some of the most expensive diving in the world. The season is very short....May to Oct....most people only want to dive weekends so obviously they are limited....Sept is generally hurricane season so again limitations and another dive shop and independent boat operator just went out of business leaving only 2 shops and 1-2 independent boat operators. Diving alone not including tanks is over $100 a day. HOWEVER....where else can you dive on a German U-boat....U-boat victims....a WWI wreck sunk in 1918????? The diving is worth it but the trip is not cheap. The reason I've been dragging my feet on pricing is that I've been trying to negotiate some better rates as EVERYONE increased prices this year.

However...having said that....to me its worth EVERY penny and I know folks who have dove with me before will agree....even Dandy Don!! LOL!!! :diver:

I should have it all worked out for you all tomorrow!!! -WW

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#77 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:44 PM

I never approved her out!! Who let her out!! Doesn't she KNOW any better!!! Walter it's YOUR fault isn't it!!!

HAHA!! :diver:

Hey girlie....sorry I forgot to check out with you....but I'm checking back in now!!! LOL!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#78 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Board Status:Not on vacation (damn!)
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:You mean I have to log them, too?

Posted 09 April 2004 - 07:21 AM

I have been meaning to try that quarry.  So far the only quarry that I have dove in that area is Gilboa.  I'll take you up on trying it out when the opportunity arises.  It is always great to have a lovely tour guide. :diver:

Hi Brian,

Gilboa is nice, too, a lot of my friends like to dive the deep side. I've only been there once, for a weekend, but I had some good dives,including a night dive.

I would be happy to be your tour guide at Portage, anytime you like. Just let me know.... :idea:

Another good one in the area is Whitestar. The vis there is really good for a quarry.

See you later
Laura

Edited by Laura, 09 April 2004 - 07:22 AM.

WWZD - What Would ZENA Do ??

#79 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:13 PM

I have been meaning to try that quarry.  So far the only quarry that I have dove in that area is Gilboa.  I'll take you up on trying it out when the opportunity arises.  It is always great to have a lovely tour guide. :teeth:

Hi Brian,

Gilboa is nice, too, a lot of my friends like to dive the deep side. I've only been there once, for a weekend, but I had some good dives,including a night dive.

I would be happy to be your tour guide at Portage, anytime you like. Just let me know.... :-D

Another good one in the area is Whitestar. The vis there is really good for a quarry.

See you later
Laura

I have been lacking buddies to dive the deep side this year. The good deep divers that I was diving with are now instructors teaching classes and I get caught assisting for them rather than diving for myself right now. I hope to correct that next weekend as I don't like my first 100+ ft. dive for the year to be on a wreck with six footers and in cold water.

Anyways, let me know when you are available. I have a fair idea of the drive to that area from Columbus as I used a house in Columbus as a waypoint on my drive to Deerfield Beach and back. It sound be a good time. Of course any time under the water is a good time for me.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#80 CuriousMe

CuriousMe

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180+

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:10 PM

I agree with HDrier. I tend to case out the boat looking at how folks are acting (are they talking to much and way nervous?, can they set up their gear?, are they with someone else already :teeth: )

I chat with potential buddies about where they've dove, when they dove last. Depending on the dive, I generally enjoy diving with newer divers....but only if I feel comfortable with their experience for the dive we're doing.

Once a buddy and I have found each other (you gotta assume the other person's sizing up folks as well <smile>) I tend to chat about my diving style (I'm a slow poke, and have a camera...etc.) I go over important signs, warn them that I will ask about their air and hope for a number back and not just an OK....and I'll be happy to reciprocate. I show them my gear and check out theirs.

If I don't feel comfortable, I generally slip off to the DM and see if they can assist with the situation.....although I like the way Walter phrased it.....I just might try that next time.

Because of my odd situation, a lot of my dives are with boat buddies. I've been fortunate enough to meet some really great folks as well as some really great divers.

Peace,
Cathie
"Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic
But I had a good life all the way."

He Went to Paris, Jimmy Buffett

DeColores

#81 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Board Status:Not on vacation (damn!)
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:You mean I have to log them, too?

Posted 12 April 2004 - 12:38 PM

[quote name='Diverbrian' date='Apr 10 2004, 07:13 PM'] [quote name='Laura' date='Apr 9 2004, 09:21 AM'] [quote name='Diverbrian' date='Apr 8 2004, 10:19 PM']

Anyways, let me know when you are available. [/QUOTE]
Hi Brian,

I'd say by mid-to-late May I'll be ready to start diving the northern Ohio quarries. I don't have a drysuit (yet...it's on my wish list) and it's a tad too cold :cool2: for my wetsuit right now. But I will definately keep you in mind for later on this year.

In the meantime, if you have a drysuit and need buddies to dive Gilboa's deep side, just e-mail me and I will hook you up with some of my friends in the scuba club. A lot of my friends dive there year round.

Laura

Edited by Laura, 12 April 2004 - 12:45 PM.

WWZD - What Would ZENA Do ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users