• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Wakatobi Dive Resort

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Deepdiver615

Deepdiver615

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Dry Suite
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

I would like to know if anyone has been to Wakatobi Dive Resort? It looks like a nice place and the diving looks great. I was told that the the photo opertunities are better than Palau. I am considering booking a trip in mid October and I would like to hear from anyone who has been there. http://www.wakatobi.com/

#2 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:16 PM

We'll I hope you have more luck than I did trying to book for October.......they were BEYOND BOOKED for October 07. :teeth: At least the dates we wanted.
Known puker

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

They DO book up far in advance!

SD is doing a group trip in October of 08...if you can wait that long you can have a blast with the rest of us!

Wakatobi is rated one of the top destinations in the world. :cheerleader:

And just so you know, SD is a reseller for Wakatobi and we can get you better rates than you can get direct! So let us know and we'll check availability for you as well as book if you decide to go.

(We get the volume and you get the price discount.) :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 Deepdiver615

Deepdiver615

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Dry Suite
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:18 PM

I know this is some what of a late report, but the trip to Wakatobi in October '07 was incredible and likely the best diving that I will ever experience. Kamala helped me to organize the trip and got me a great deal too! Although I went alone and was lucky enough to be assigned to one of the best divemasters at Wakatobi. My "group" consisted of 4 divers and the divemaster and the other three divers in my group were on their 3rd trip to Wakatobi. I saw everything I had hoped to see plus a lot more. The only thing I wished I had of done before I went was that I had upgraded my camera gear, but now I have upgraded my gear so that I can hopefully improve on the pictures that I take on future trips. I took over 700 pictures while on my trip and out of that there are around 200 that came out pretty decent. The thing that I had some difficulty with was macro photos. I would suggest that anyone who goes to Wakatobi that they spend some time with their camera and learn how to do macro photos underwater. I thought I had a decent handle on doing macro stuff but missed out on some shots that I wished I could have got because they weren't focused and I couldn't really tell from the picture review on my now old camera. I did bring my laptop and down loaded my pictures everyday and reviewed them so about the third day I was strarting to get some fairly decent shots. The food and accomodations were great and the Wakatobi Staff was great. I was there for a 7 day trip and towards the end I wished that I could have stayed longer. On the return trip I stayed in Bali and went on a land tour, my tour guide spoke English well and was very knowlegable about Bali, Indonesia, and for that matter the world.. It was a very nice and intresting trip on Bali. In fact I had so much fun on the trip, I am planning on going back there in '08. :cheerleader: I have attached some of the shots that I took while staying at Wakatobi. Enjoy..

Attached Images

• IMG_0416.JPG
  • IMG_0615.JPG
  • IMG_0748.JPG
  • IMG_0762.JPG
  • IMG_0771a.JPG
  • IMG_0795a.JPG

#5 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:34 AM

Nice report and thanks for posting the pictures!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#6 GeoffreyW

GeoffreyW

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

I'll be there in April, and I'll let you know how it is when I get back. I booked this in October '07. I booked for two with my then girlfriend. So, I still have a berth for two - with just me so far on the Pelagian for 7 days, March 28th - April 4th and a premium bungalow at Wakatobi April 4th - April 15th.

The whole focus of the trip is Photo and Video instruction sponsored by DivePhotoGuide / Wakatobi Underwater Photo & Video Festival.

Please respond to me at gw1099@yahoo.com if you are interested in filling one or both of the spots.

Thanks,

Geoffrey

Edited by GeoffreyW, 01 February 2008 - 12:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users