• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Cay Sal Bank, Bahamas live-aboard- Join in on the fishy FUN

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Scubawishes

Scubawishes

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Certification
  • Logged Dives:200ish

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:23 PM

Hey Divers,

:wacko: I'm heading to Cay Sal Bank, the most remote area of the Bahamas on the Nekton Pilot live aboard from Sat., Aug.18th - Sat., Aug 25th. The boat conveniently embarks & disembarks in Fort Lauderdale, FL. If anyone is interested, do join in on this trip!

Check out the full details athttp://www.nektoncruises.com/default.aspx

Return divers will receive a $100 discount (I went to Belize a few months back w/ them :lmao: . ) If you have any questions, please ask. Booking can be done via Single Diver, just contact Wreck Wench.

If you haven't experience a live aboard, it is the best way to dive, dive, and dive some more!

I can't wait! :lmao:

~K

~K

#2 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:51 PM

That's a good trip, I've done it twice, once on purpose and once running from the NW Bahamas trying to avoid hurricane Francis, enjoy! Ray
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#3 fala

fala

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:38 PM

Beware the aggressive bull sharks!!!!! If this trip was after Aug. I would try to make it out...

#4 Scubawishes

Scubawishes

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

Beware the aggressive bull sharks!!!!! If this trip was after Aug. I would try to make it out...

Hahhaa. I am NEVER going to forget that! Too bad you can't make it for this one!

Hey...you watching Shark Week? I'm bummed, I'm missing it. :cheerleader: I am the lone NYer who doesn't get cable.

~K
~K

#5 Scubawishes

Scubawishes

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

That's a good trip, I've done it twice, once on purpose and once running from the NW Bahamas trying to avoid hurricane Francis, enjoy! Ray

Ray,

Well, those are both good reason to have gone! What type wetsuit would you recommend for this trip? Please detail your shark encounters and other big critters? Anything else I should know?

~K
~K

#6 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:30 AM

Ray,

Well, those are both good reason to have gone! What type wetsuit would you recommend for this trip? Please detail your shark encounters and other big critters? Anything else I should know?

~K

I always wear a 3 mil jumpsuit and pack gloves, you'll need them for Water Cay, not much to see around the Cay because of surge and breaking surf over your head but you swin through a tunnel and surface inside the island. You'll need those gloves and your wetsuit knee pads to crawl out and go explore the island, this is a rest stop for Cubans heading north and you and you will find signs they have camped there.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#7 Scubawishes

Scubawishes

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

I always wear a 3 mil jumpsuit and pack gloves, you'll need them for Water Cay, not much to see around the Cay because of surge and breaking surf over your head but you swin through a tunnel and surface inside the island. You'll need those gloves and your wetsuit knee pads to crawl out and go explore the island, this is a rest stop for Cubans heading north and you and you will find signs they have camped there.

Thanks, I will order me some gloves! I've never worn them while diving, I tend to think they weren't allowed most places I've gone. Ray, you still haven't told me about the big things you saw! :birthday:
~K
~K

#8 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

Thanks, I will order me some gloves! I've never worn them while diving, I tend to think they weren't allowed most places I've gone. Ray, you still haven't told me about the big things you saw! :birthday:
~K

Work gloves will do for that dive, you just need something to protect you from the old coral, not keep you warm.

It's the Bahamas so you will see the usual southern stingrays and sharks. What's fun on the Pilot is when the dolphins are on the bows and bump back and forth between bows. Look for Herbie the octipus on Thumbnail near Bimini, you'll see a pile of empty shells outside of his den. There are some of the biggest sea turtles I've ever seen on that trip.
There is a shark feeding, you'll sit in the sand and they will run a chumcicle down the mooring line. It's interesting but between the sand stired up and the chum in the water not a great photo op.
The second time we were fleeing hurricane Francis and they hadn't planned a feeding, that same sand we were sitting on is filled with yellow jawed gobi's, all of the photogs were down on the sand trying for pictures of gobi's while the same sharks cruised among us and I got much better pictures. If you would like to see the videos PM me your address. Ray

Signed and Dated

#9 Scubawishes

Scubawishes

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

Work gloves will do for that dive, you just need something to protect you from the old coral, not keep you warm.

It's the Bahamas so you will see the usual southern stingrays and sharks. What's fun on the Pilot is when the dolphins are on the bows and bump back and forth between bows. Look for Herbie the octipus on Thumbnail near Bimini, you'll see a pile of empty shells outside of his den. There are some of the biggest sea turtles I've ever seen on that trip.
There is a shark feeding, you'll sit in the sand and they will run a chumcicle down the mooring line. It's interesting but between the sand stired up and the chum in the water not a great photo op.
The second time we were fleeing hurricane Francis and they hadn't planned a feeding, that same sand we were sitting on is filled with yellow jawed gobi's, all of the photogs were down on the sand trying for pictures of gobi's while the same sharks cruised among us and I got much better pictures. If you would like to see the videos PM me your address. Ray

I'd love to see the videos! I couldn't get out the door this morning as channel 21 had on a bunch of Under the Sea programs. Guess they are trying to get some of the Discovery's Shark Week viewers or toss a bone to non-cable getters such as myself. :birthday:

I'll be under water in a mere 19 days. :birthday:
~K
~K

#10 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:46 PM

Oh no!!! we may pass each other... i'm considering going out on the 25th.
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:44 PM

Oh no!!! we may pass each other... i'm considering going out on the 25th.

If you can let us know! We can help you with your booking! And you get your SD membership rebate back on the trip just as ScubaWishes does!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#12 fala

fala

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hahhaa. I am NEVER going to forget that! Too bad you can't make it for this one!

Hey...you watching Shark Week? I'm bummed, I'm missing it. :birthday: I am the lone NYer who doesn't get cable.

~K

I have no cable either. All I use my HD TV for is my PS3...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users