• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

I Should Be Surprised...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:54 AM

Found this link while on Google this morning.

Qualifications by EBay...

For the record, I think this is damned inappropriate and am surprised it is allowed for any professional qualification exam to be publicaly available. I am sure you can find bar exams and engineering thesis on there too...

Here is another one Not quite as bad as the first, but still...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#2 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:57 AM

Well, it looks like the second one is a Cliffnotes type of thing. The first, well, that is just plain wrong.

#3 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:34 AM

The first one should not be for sale. But of course if you look hard enough you can buy almost anything.
The second is fine its just a detailed study guide like any cliff notes guide. I might even get one myself for a reference item.

Found this link while on Google this morning.

Qualifications by EBay...

For the record, I think this is damned inappropriate and am surprised it is allowed for any professional qualification exam to be publicaly available. I am sure you can find bar exams and engineering thesis on there too...

Here is another one Not quite as bad as the first, but still...

Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#4 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:43 AM

The second is fine its just a detailed study guide like any cliff notes guide. I might even get one myself for a reference item.

What turned me off the second item was they tell you how to score a 5 in the Rescue scenarios. If you cut corners in training then your drowning victim will have to wait a few minutes while you reference your cliff notes on what to do next...

Hmmm, lets see... D... D... Ahh, there we are...

OK, lets see... Defibrillation... Nope...
Dive Insurance... No...
Divemaster Training... No...
Drowning / Near Drowning... Ah there we are...

Ummm, where did they go? They seem to have gone under the surface... OK S... S...
Search and Recovery...

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#5 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:51 AM

This is telling you how to do demonstration quality skills. Not Real Time skills. At some point in the IDC there should be a disscussion of this. If something happens for real you need to realize this and not do it as a demonstration but instead do it for real.

What turned me off the second item was they tell you how to score a 5 in the Rescue scenarios. If you cut corners in training then your drowning victim will have to wait a few minutes while you reference your cliff notes on what to do next...

Hmmm, lets see... D... D... Ahh, there we are...

OK, lets see... Defibrillation... Nope...
Dive Insurance... No...
Divemaster Training... No...
Drowning / Near Drowning... Ah there we are...

Ummm, where did they go? They seem to have gone under the surface... OK S... S...
Search and Recovery...

Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users