• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NC...2008 Discussion Thread...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

I actually like the fact that this trip is only 3 days diving, because then I don't sacrifice an entire vacation to go. As it was, I had to borrow a day to make the last trip.

I would like to see more dives on these trips though. Kamala, you mentioned there is one boat that has gas supply. I think it would be great to do a 3 day 2 night liveaboard on that one. Then we could get in at least 3, maybe 4 dives per day including a dawn or dusk dive and wouldn't spend so much time going out and back.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#17 bottomtime

bottomtime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cert Level: padi safe diver-nitrox -cave---prefer spearfishing
  • Logged Dives:3-400-?

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:41 PM

I would like to see 2 trips 2008 as I'm trying to plan on a couple of trips w/SD in the next year my biggest problem is time, a week in xyz.. or the 10 days south of PDQ are all great, but I have to consider that when I'm gone the better half has to do 2x the workI'll explain that later [ married and buddyless] not looking to join the singles again.. :banghead: .and her job ,I'll explain that later , as for me I'm a 2-3, 3-4 day traveler and mostly a drive in, so if anyone wants to look at the south east , gulf coast / panhandle to hatteras ..... Actually this may be a new topic anyone looking to do weekend/2-3 day trips regional areas and maybe plan a HH for north fla so Georgia ...AS it is right now I'm trying to dive every Friday at all the sites/springs here in no.fla as day trips so if intersted RSVP....and someone told me I was retired :cool2: and would have all sorts of free time :cool1: David

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:17 PM

I actually like the fact that this trip is only 3 days diving, because then I don't sacrifice an entire vacation to go. As it was, I had to borrow a day to make the last trip.

I would like to see more dives on these trips though. Kamala, you mentioned there is one boat that has gas supply. I think it would be great to do a 3 day 2 night liveaboard on that one. Then we could get in at least 3, maybe 4 dives per day including a dawn or dusk dive and wouldn't spend so much time going out and back.

Yes we are looking at that but the drawback is they usually schedule these overnighters when the season is a bit quieter...and that translates to less predictable weather. Still think its an option but I'm waiting on dates for next year to see if we can do them or not. They offer very few and this is best for people who have flexible travel plans meaning if they get blown out they can dive with this operator again. I believe they only do 'store credits'.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone...

We tried something different this year and it worked pretty good and that was the Dive Lodge associated with Midnight Express and Olympus Diving. Currently it looks like we can get Diver Down and Fisherman's Inn for 4th of July timeframe and Olympus and Dive Lodge for the Seafood Festival. (I can not get 4th of July timeframe with Olympus unless I want to split us between two boats and be part of other groups) and I can not get us on Diver Down for Oct so if we do two trips to Morehead we can do DiverDown in July and Olympus in October.

If we start promoting the trips now...we should be able to fill them. If we can't then absolutely I'll have to look at cutting the trips back or dropping them entirely. :lmao:

While they are my favorite destination I already do them at cost and add a lot of extras so can not afford any open spots. :dazzler:

We'd do 4 days of diving in July and 3 days of diving in October.

We can also look to do a trip to Hatteras for something different! I'll contact Johnnie and Capt Steve and see what we can do there as well. -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#20 Garrett

Garrett

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:assistant instructor
  • Logged Dives:265

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:57 PM

Have you thought about doing one of the trips to Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? USAir flies into ILM from CLT -- easy to fly into. Aquatic Safaris down at WB just got a 50 footer that is very roomy. They have some awesome wrecks just like Morehead, but also have some neat stuff about 50 miles out --- a fossil ledge where tons of meg teeth are being found, Frying Pan Tower, and the City of Houston wreck. None of these depths are more than about 100 ft deep -- very near Frying Pan shoals and the old light tower.

We tried something different this year and it worked pretty good and that was the Dive Lodge associated with Midnight Express and Olympus Diving. Currently it looks like we can get Diver Down and Fisherman's Inn for 4th of July timeframe and Olympus and Dive Lodge for the Seafood Festival. (I can not get 4th of July timeframe with Olympus unless I want to split us between two boats and be part of other groups) and I can not get us on Diver Down for Oct so if we do two trips to Morehead we can do DiverDown in July and Olympus in October.

If we start promoting the trips now...we should be able to fill them. If we can't then absolutely I'll have to look at cutting the trips back or dropping them entirely. :dry:

While they are my favorite destination I already do them at cost and add a lot of extras so can not afford any open spots. :)

We can also look to do a trip to Hatteras for something different! I'll contact Johnnie and Capt Steve and see what we can do there as well. -ww

#21 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:10 AM

If we start promoting the trips now...we should be able to fill them. If we can't then absolutely I'll have to look at cutting the trips back or dropping them entirely. :cool1:

While they are my favorite destination I already do them at cost and add a lot of extras so can not afford any open spots. :lmao:

OK , When can we send the deposit for July???? :cool1:
Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:20 AM

OK , When can we send the deposit for July???? :cool1:
Jeff

Very soon! I'll try to get it all posted this week!

formerly...

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:23 AM

Have you thought about doing one of the trips to Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? USAir flies into ILM from CLT -- easy to fly into. Aquatic Safaris down at WB just got a 50 footer that is very roomy. They have some awesome wrecks just like Morehead, but also have some neat stuff about 50 miles out --- a fossil ledge where tons of meg teeth are being found, Frying Pan Tower, and the City of Houston wreck. None of these depths are more than about 100 ft deep -- very near Frying Pan shoals and the old light tower.

Thanks for the input! We will certainly be looking at some new wreck destinations especially once I move back to the area. I've been diving Morehead for 13 years so have lots of relationships with the operators and hotels. These are important.

And I don't know the conditions in other areas as well. Getting blown out is no fun...especially if you flew in or drove from NJ or FL to dive there.

You can email me more info if you like to kamala@singledivers.com... :cool1:

formerly...

#24 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:47 AM

so if anyone wants to look at the south east , gulf coast / panhandle to hatteras ..... Actually this may be a new topic anyone looking to do weekend/2-3 day trips regional areas and maybe plan a HH for north fla so Georgia ...

Drop me a PM. I might be interested in doing some diving in those areas.

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:33 AM

so if anyone wants to look at the south east , gulf coast / panhandle to hatteras ..... Actually this may be a new topic anyone looking to do weekend/2-3 day trips regional areas and maybe plan a HH for north fla so Georgia ...

Drop me a PM. I might be interested in doing some diving in those areas.

Yes it is a new thread...and yes we'd love to get a Dive of the Month going for N. Fl or S. GA. Let me know your ideas so I can try to be there too... :cool1:

formerly...

#26 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

So getting back to the Morehead City dive..
Is this booked, full or still open...

Just a wandering mind, who wants to know eh???

thanks...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#27 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

I have been told by a confidential ,reliable ,source that the trip is just about ready to be booked. I am so confident that I'm going to plan on going directly from this trip to the Dry Tortuga's trip that follows it out of Key West. I'm asking anyone who is like-minded whether they want to ride-share or car-pool with me and anyone else who maybe we'll p/u along the way? Two great trips :cheerleader: :twist: :cheerleader: Wanna go? Huh ? Huh ?
Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users