• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2nd, maybe 3rd week Oct 2007 trip?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SoCalBruin

SoCalBruin

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Logged Dives:70+

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

Let's see if this site works!?

Background: I was looking at the SD whaleshark trip (lucky to be too late). Good luck and safety to those in Dean's path. I was also looking at the SD 10,000 shoe Imelda Marcos Philippines trip, but ran into a college football conflict. I'm not sure about jumping in the water with other SDs with Great Whites quite yet...

That leads me to an October time frame. To avoid hurricanes, the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacoa) appear to be out of the zone. Liveaboards have worked well for me in the past too. I prefer tropical waters, perhaps Tahiti, Fiji, Palau area?

Me: SoCalBruin does not have SoCal "implants" and although I live in the same area as Jack Nicholson, I'm not "One Who Flew Over the Coo Coo's Nest" (arguable), nor "Here's Johnny" via The Shinning, but I do like my Lakers, and I love my UCLA Bruins. Open casting call to all SDs. :P

Any nibblers?
SoCalBruin

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:49 PM

Well your sense of humor works that is for sure! As you have probably guessed the group trips are our mainstay so trying to get on one of them is the easiest option for meeting LOTS of new dive buddies! What about Australia? We need a few good men...actually we need a LOT of good men on that trip!

As for how the site works...

1. Find a group trip you like. Jump on and have a great time. Oh yes...make friends for life!
2. Can't find a group trip then find someplace you want to dive or a liveaboard and we'll beat your best price. (yes we can do that...we reward you for the legwork by giving you a better price.)
3. Book your individual travel with us and we'll help you find a dive buddy or two...we'll be putting this out into our new newsletter that will go out to our entire club membership!

Does that seem to mesh up with your ideas about how the site works???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:33 AM

Well the whale sharks don't care about the hurricanes so the only place you might find them in October would be the Galapagos and you will never find an opening this year. For a sure thing go to Utila in March! :thankyou: :P
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#4 SoCalBruin

SoCalBruin

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Logged Dives:70+

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

Great insight! Thanks!
SoCalBruin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users