• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Diving at Shark River Inlet

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:57 AM

Well the A street bunch had a short dive, the ladies were worried about being cold after that happy hour dive last month and came overdressed and underweighted. The dive wouldn't have been long anyhow as the top 18" was solid jellies, I've never seen it like that before. I got zapped on the lip during entry and while waiting on the bottom saw a few tropicals, mostly butterflies but a few tangs and damsels also. The water was a toasty 74 which felt cold at first after last weeks 88 in the Keys.

As we left I looked at L street to see if you were still there, I'm still carrying around one of your port plugs.

There is still plenty of air in the tanks so the plan is to try again next Saturday under the Point Pleasant Railroad bridge and maybe hit the seafood festival too.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#17 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

Next time, let me know if you are going to do this dive!

I didn't see this thread until now! :cheerleader:

Anyone up for a dive there on Friday?
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#18 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:16 PM

I didn't see this thread until now! :welcome:

Friday high tide in Shark River Inlet is not good, 10:16 am or 22:24, we're either late at night or early morning and you can't legally dive the inlet between dawn and 17:30 because of boat traffic. You could do L street though in the am but I'll be at work.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#19 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

Friday high tide in Shark River Inlet is not good, 10:16 am or 22:24, we're either late at night or early morning and you can't legally dive the inlet between dawn and 17:30 because of boat traffic. You could do L street though in the am but I'll be at work.

Anyone up for a Friday night dive?
Moose

#20 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:27 PM

Maybe, I'll know later in the week.

Signed and Dated

#21 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:18 PM

Then we floated into a whole bunch of jelly fish.

So how was the entry at your place?

We had a lot of jellys too. I started noticing them more towards the end of our dive, but, just kept dodging them.

The entry at the Marina (across from the Windmill Diner) couldn't be easier. You just walk off a sand beach down a gradual sloping sand bottom into chest height water and then swim off. It's basically a semi-protected swimming area. So, even if there is some current or mild wave action in the open river you're not going to get bothered much on your entry or exit.

I may be able to make a dive on Saturday. I'll know for sure by Wednesday.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#22 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:27 PM

I have to be up Dutch this coming weekend, so I can't be in Belmar.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#23 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:57 PM

I got a tank full of air corroding the insides that I would like to release, I could probably do a Friday night dive...
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#24 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:27 AM

I got a tank full of air corroding the insides that I would like to release, I could probably do a Friday night dive...

Ok, thats me and SD, any other takers?

BTW, what temps did you guys have last week? I'm down to 53 degree in my new 3mil shorty. 8>)
Moose

#25 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:44 AM

Ok, thats me and SD, any other takers?

BTW, what temps did you guys have last week? I'm down to 53 degree in my new 3mil shorty. 8>)

My Oceanic was showing 74, the Cochran 68 but I'm a WWW and was comfortable in a 3 mil after the intial shock.

Signed and Dated

#26 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:47 AM

I have a concert to go to Friday night so that's out for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users