• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

7 days...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,725 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:22 AM

WOW! Seven days... 1 week...lots of hours and even more minutes. What a difference a week makes!

Today I celebrate the final chapter of a lifelong social status known as 'being single'. In a week...on Sept 14th I will enter a sacred bond with Bill aka OTWDiver and embrace 'being married'. WOW!!! :birthday:

It is exciting to enter this new chapter and one that I am more than ready to embrace! I will not miss being single and I will not regret trading my 'freedom' for 'shared love and responsibility'. :dazzler:

The bachelorette party on the 13th represents my last fling as a single...you know when you've been single as long as I have...EVERY PARTY is a bachelorette party! :birthday:

They say the best things in life are worth waiting for...and I do agree! (Don't have much choice anyway do you??) But Bill has truly been one of the best things in life for me and I know that will be even more so in time. He is certainly worth the wait! While it will be my first marriage, it has been my third engagement and it will be his third marriage. Many worry about seeing red flags...I see someone who just might be properly trained to handle me! :dazzler: But seriously, it takes two to be in a marriage and even if you want it...if the other party leaves you, you can't do much about it. So here we are...both my fiances left me and his wives left him...one thing is for sure...neither of us are quitters. :birthday:

And after 2 marriages he assures me that no matter how difficult I am at times or strive to be, that I am still a rank amatuer compared to his previous wives! :birthday: This is one time that I always want to retain my amatuer ranking. :dazzler: Plus we can 'go diving' and things will fine! So yes...sharing something as precious as diving with each other has brought us together...and it will keep us together. I am a very blessed woman.

As I write this I know that some of you are worried what will happen to SingleDivers.com now that I'm getting married. Will it go away because I'm too busy? Will I still be qualified...after all I'm no longer single? :dazzler: And will it be the same???

I can't know the answers to all things...but here is what I do know...

1. I will be a bit busy getting married and squeezing in the Philippine's trip and then finalizing 2008's trips attending DEMA and putting a new trip to Belize together in the next few days. :dazzler:
2. My new husband not only supports SingleDivers.com but he made SD the inhouse diveclub for his dive shop in Salem SC on Lake Jocassee. He is my biggest fan and my biggest supporter...if anything...SingleDivers.com will be better than it was thanks to him. :birthday:
3. And while I'll be married...I will still be a 'single diver' only now it will be 'married but buddyless' as my new husband owns a diveshop, dive charter business, technical diving business and commercial diving business. He spends most of his time diving...without me. And I spend most of my time diving...without him. We will only on ocassion get to dive together...like when I book a trip with him or hire him as an instructor on a trip local that covers an extended weekend or I freeze my butt off going diving in Lake Jocassee with him. :dazzler: See for him to dive with me he not only has to lose income by cancelling his own clients but he has to spend money to do it. So therein lies the problem...and hence why we will both be 'single divers' for a very long time to come. :cool1:

So yes...what a difference a week makes...in my case all the difference in the world! :(

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:36 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but after seeing the passion you have for SD, I never thought for a moment that it would go away. If you have half of that passion for Bill, he's a very lucky man! :( Seriously, I'm very happy for you and Bill. I look forward to meeting him and I wish you both the very best that life has to offer!!

Barb
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#3 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

Best wishes to you and Bill for life long happiness - great that you have both found everthing you are looking for. I just hope that with married life you will be able to manage a little more diving together :( .
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#4 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:27 AM

Best wishes to you and Bill for life long happiness - great that you have both found everthing you are looking for. I just hope that with married life you will be able to manage a little more diving together :D .

I'd be hard pressed having a diving partner I can't dive with? Although that might actually be better, less to argue about.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#5 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:34 AM

Kamala,

I'm so happy for you and Bill. I haven't know you long and I've yet to meet Bill, but from what I can see, Bill is lucky man. I wish you both all the best that life has to offer, and many, many years to share together.

I wish I could be there. I know it will be wonderful. Enjoy every minute.

Debbie
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#6 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:08 AM

Congratulations. We'll do our best to watch the store for you while you are busy with things. So, enjoy and don't worry.

Let's all get together at DEMA.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#7 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:08 PM

Hooray for you, Kamala and Bill!!

We are all so happy for you, and your switch from single to married-but-buddyless only further underscores the one word that truly matters on this site: DIVERS !!

#8 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:38 PM

Enjoy your last week of being single. Having been engaged and then not I know the feeling.

Now worries though, my brother was married twice before finding his current wife, it was her first, and after like 16 or 17 years ( I can't believe it has been that long :D ) they are still happily in love...
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#9 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:07 PM

JOYFUL NEWS
An exciting new chapter to your life. I wish you and Bill much happiness & lots of "buddy"time together in SC & around the world.

#10 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:45 PM

I am so very excited for you both! You deserve it!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#11 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:14 PM

Wishing you both all the very best! It's been a long haul from the days of that single dating site where we "met" (tee hee).

#12 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:30 PM

Hey Wenchie,

I wish you and Bill the very best of everything for the rest of your lives!!! I know he's truly getting one very special lady and I know the deep passion and love you two share will only grow that much stronger with time. Also, you know the day you leave Dallas to join your new husband in SC we'll very much miss you, but to know your truly happy and having a good life makes it all worth while!!

Love ya girl and the best to you both forever!

Dejah

Edited by Dejah, 07 September 2007 - 07:31 PM.

#13 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:41 AM

I never doubted that SD would continue on.
I know you well enough to know that YOU will find a way to balance it all. :usflag:

Congrats ~ I wish you both nothing but the best.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#14 echo3

echo3

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:10 PM

see, just like I keep saying.. .all the good ones are spoken for! :usflag:

congrats to the both of you!
"I'll fight it, but I won't kill it. Now, what about my dynamite?" - Steve Zissou

#15 scubachick84

scubachick84

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:34 PM

Kamala - my best to you and Bill! I am sure you will be a beautiful bride. Enjoy yourself!

Paula

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users