• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NC Wrecks Trip, October 5-7 2007 Official Report!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD
  • Logged Dives:138

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:26 PM

We had a blast this weekend!

We were all too tired to enjoy the NC Seafood Festival though.

Friday was the Schurz and the Indra. Saturday was the U-352 TWICE. :cool2: :bam: And Sunday was the Papoose and the Schurz.

I only dived the U-boat and wussed out the other two days.

We even picked up a new member! That'll teach him to go diving alone! :diver:

A few pics of the U-352 and some lionfish:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:29 PM

A link to some brief info about the U-352: http://uboat.net/boats/u352.htm

#3 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:22 AM

Excellent pics Topless! So why did you wus out on the rest of the dives?

#4 Wayfarer

Wayfarer

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver
  • Logged Dives:87

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:28 AM

We even picked up a new member! That'll teach him to go diving alone! :cheerleader:

And I’m the new member, a least one of them there might be another joining as well. It was pure chance and really good luck to stumble in to the group, everyone made what was going to be a fun weekend a really great one. Thanks guys for your hospitality I had a blast diving and hanging out with everyone! And I hope to make it to some more trips in the future. If any one here has been thinking of joining a trip don’t wait any longer, DO IT! And be prepared to laugh until your sides hurt!

#5 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:13 PM

The temps were really nice for October! I was expecting mid to upper 70's and we got low 80's all weekend...and the vis ranged from 15' to 100'!

the highlight of the trip for me was getting my 300th dive, diving with Drewski and completing my Adv Nitrox and Deco Procecures classes!!! I think Trimix will be in my sights in the next year :welcome: And thanks to my awesome instructor - Bill aka OTWdiver! If any of you plan to take classes like these, then look for an instructor who does that kind of diving; Bill does this stuff for a living and is probably the best instructor I've taken classes from :cheerleader:

thanks Bill!! I've learned lots in the last year :welcome:

#6 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

We even picked up a new member! That'll teach him to go diving alone! :welcome:

Not only that, but, we actually had a woman from another group in our lodge defect and come dive with us on Sunday. She said we seemed like we were having more fun than her group was. :cheerleader: Who knows, maybe she will be an SD member soon too.

Edited by BubbleBoy, 08 October 2007 - 06:26 PM.

BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#7 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:15 PM

<snip>

the highlight of the trip for me was getting my 300th dive, diving with Drewski and completing my Adv Nitrox and Deco Procecures classes!!! <snip>

:cheerleader: Congratulations, Kim! Quite the accomplishments! :welcome:

#8 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:54 PM

So why did you wus out on the rest of the dives?

Cuz I'm a wuss. :cheerleader:

But Fingrabber offered to hold my hand during the dives so I wouldn't get scared! :welcome:

#9 Drewski

Drewski

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor (NAUI 7537), I'm a WRECK diver!
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

Hey Phil:

BTW, I forgot to THANK you for posting information about this trip on ScubaBoard.com. Without your post, I'd have never found out about it. :thankyou:

Unlike people on ScubaBoard (well, maybe not ALL members on ScubaBoard) , members on SingleDivers.com actually DIVE! Not only that, they're GOOD divers!

I really enjoyed the HECK out of this trip. Count on me for BOTH next year and probably a few more stateside as well. I'm in for anything to the Oriskany, Great Lakes, St. Lawrence or New Jersey.

BTW, I have a source for access to a NOAA permit for diving the USS Monitor in 2008 or 2009. At 240 FT, it's obviously a "tec" dive, but we may be able to combine it with other dives during a week long charter running out of Hatteras, opening the trip up to members of other levels. Maybe do it at the beginning or end of the week depending on the weather. I'll update WW when I know more...

In the mean time, it was GREAT diving with all of you and I'm sure I'll see you again!

Andy
Drewski
To visit my Flickr page, click here or check out WreckDiverVideo.com.

#10 Drewski

Drewski

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor (NAUI 7537), I'm a WRECK diver!
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:19 AM

Hi All:

Here are a few pics from surface interval times during the Morehead City trip:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Check out the complete set on my Flickr page...

LET'S GO DIVING!
Drewski
To visit my Flickr page, click here or check out WreckDiverVideo.com.

#11 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:59 AM

:P Great pics Drewski! Wish I could have been there. :D

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:49 AM

We even picked up a new member! That'll teach him to go diving alone! :birthday:

And I’m the new member, a least one of them there might be another joining as well. It was pure chance and really good luck to stumble in to the group, everyone made what was going to be a fun weekend a really great one. Thanks guys for your hospitality I had a blast diving and hanging out with everyone! And I hope to make it to some more trips in the future. If any one here has been thinking of joining a trip don’t wait any longer, DO IT! And be prepared to laugh until your sides hurt!

Hey darling! Welcome aboard! We will love having you as part of our diving family! Do post a full intro here so that everyone can get to know you better! And thank you for the kind words! SingleDivers.com is truly a magiacal group and they LOVE to dive and they LOVE to be around other DIVERS!!! :birthday:

Glad you had a great trip! We sure had fun with you joining us and you fit in perfectly! :birthday: -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

Hey Phil:

BTW, I forgot to THANK you for posting information about this trip on ScubaBoard.com. Without your post, I'd have never found out about it. :birthday:

Unlike people on ScubaBoard (well, maybe not ALL members on ScubaBoard) , members on SingleDivers.com actually DIVE! Not only that, they're GOOD divers!

I really enjoyed the HECK out of this trip. Count on me for BOTH next year and probably a few more stateside as well. I'm in for anything to the Oriskany, Great Lakes, St. Lawrence or New Jersey.

BTW, I have a source for access to a NOAA permit for diving the USS Monitor in 2008 or 2009. At 240 FT, it's obviously a "tec" dive, but we may be able to combine it with other dives during a week long charter running out of Hatteras, opening the trip up to members of other levels. Maybe do it at the beginning or end of the week depending on the weather. I'll update WW when I know more...

In the mean time, it was GREAT diving with all of you and I'm sure I'll see you again!

Andy

Hey Drewski...WOW! What a great addition to the SingleDivers.com diving family! You are tops in our book! Kimmie was so excited to dive with you and you were the perfect buddy to cement her staged deco procedures class completion!

YES YES YES do keep me posted on diving the Monitor. Looks like I'll have to get my trimix classes done as well so I can join in the fun! :birthday: Of course it helps to have an instructor nearby...of course I have to stay home long enough to take the classes and do the dives! :birthday: (Note: Trimix is SERIOUS diving and while I would strive to accomplish such a feat...it requires more than just taking the classes to ensure that you do not kill yourself. It requires many dives on mix to reach a point of comfort where you could then focus on diving such a cool destination like the monitor. So that being the case I hope the permit is for 2009!)

Thanks for the kudos! We LOVE diving as you can tell and we love having other single and buddyless divers join in the fun of ALL skills!

We've been called 'fluff' divers before since everyone is buddyless or single and our focus is not on diving but rather having a good time. I think you can see that we focus on BOTH...Diving AND having a great time! Your comments are expecially nice! :birthday:

And Phil aka Topless...thank you for posting it on ScubaBoard and several others sites! You Rock!! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:58 AM

So why did you wus out on the rest of the dives?

Cuz I'm a wuss. :birthday:

But Fingrabber offered to hold my hand during the dives so I wouldn't get scared! :birthday:

That ain't the case at all and we all know it! However he was not feeling well and it takes a great diver to know their limitations and honor them when they do not feel well. Too many of us push beyond what we should do justifying it saying we paid so much to be here or we have to dive as its the last trip of the year etc.

Phil you are TOPS in my book (not topless) for knowing your limitations and for respecting them! :birthday:!!!

formerly...

#15 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image

Well, it looks like Bill and the Wife are at it again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users