• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

July 26- Aug 2 2008 WHALESHARKS!!! Yep Holbox & Cozy & Cenotes!

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#121 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:15 AM

Wow!!!! This trip is filling up nicely. Welcome to everyone new going on the trip. We always have so much fun on our trips and do a lot of bonding. It will be great to meet everyone. We do anniversary dives, so if anyone will be doing an anniversay dive (50, 100, 200, etc.) on the trip, let us know. I have logged 397 dives, so I will be hitting 400 with the Early Girls before everyone gets there.

Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental) to Cozumel, Mexico (CZM)
Depart: 9:05 a.m. Wed., Jul. 23, 2008
Arrive: 11:27 a.m.
Flight: CO1696

Cancun, Mexico (CUN) to Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental)
Depart: 1:50 p.m. Sat., Aug. 2, 2008
Arrive: 4:08 p.m.Sat., Aug. 2, 2008
Flight: CO465

Kamala, I see we get a free shore check-out dive when we get there, but what is the charge if we want to do shore dives?

To the Early Girls:
We need to think about what we want to do (diving) for the extra days we are there, so let me hear some feedback. My sister and family will be on a cruise ship that will be in port (Cozumel) 8-4 on Thursday and I'll want to hang out with them for most of that time. I'm going to rent a jeep and take them to Chakanaab probably. Some of you will be arriving that morning and some will arrive that afternoon. If we all wanted to do our check-out dive together, we can do it at 4 or 5ish on Thursday. The first of the thread says DIVErsity Darling, ScubaPunk and I will be doing a 2 tank boat dive on the 25th. What about you kboffus? Then do we want to do another 2 tank boat dive on the 26th when everyone is arriving or do we want to shore dive? GreenTurtle, if I know you, I suspect you'll want to do an afternoon shore dive when you get in on the 25th and then more diving on the 26th, right?
We are going to have so much fun on this adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thankyou: :D

Stingray1: That's exactly what I was thinking! As to whether the 26th diving is shore or boat, I will follow your lead.

I just hope my check makes it there soon (I know our snail mail is SLOW, but this is getting ridiculous).

p.s. Twelve more dives for me makes 50, so I hope to have an anniversary on this trip!

Your check has probably arrived, but Kamala is traveling, so it will not be processed until she returns from the Dry Tortugas trip.

#122 snowbro

snowbro

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:Level 2, Stress + Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:22

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

This trip is now open for our premier members and above! It will be open to the general membership in a week!

I plan to join you all and my check is on it's way. Please move me to the "check mail list"

Thank you,
George (snowbro)

#123 kboffuss

kboffuss

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

I'm in for the two dives on the 25th and will probably do the shore dive on the 26th. I'm assuming that if I want to do a third dive on the other days I will be able to sign up when there. I hope that won't be a problem. The only reason I am hesitating is that I sometimes have problems with my ears and in the past have had to abort part of a trip as a result. I really don't want to miss the cenotes dive so I was hoping to see how the ol' ears feel once there. See you all very soon!! Karen

#124 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

This trip is now open for our premier members and above! It will be open to the general membership in a week!

I plan to join you all and my check is on it's way. Please move me to the "check mail list"

Thank you,
George (snowbro)

Thank you George!.

For everyone who has mailed and/or faxed payments or documents, please be patient. They will get posted to the board when Kamala returns from the Dry Tortugas trip. I'm in Houston and the fax machine is in Dallas. Sorry.

#125 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

Document Update:

1. Scott aka drifter: Received your Survey! :birthday:

#126 DIVErsity Darling

DIVErsity Darling

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, night diving, boat diving, navigational diving
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Hello all. I know this trip is small so the tendancy is to figure we can work it all out later or there aren't too many of us so no worries about getting lost in the shuffle. But the reality is we have an extremely limited number of VOLUNTEERS that help to keep everything organized so we need your help. :birthday:

1. Please look at the info we have posted for you in the first post. EVEN if you've sent the correct info in your survey we need the first post to be accurate. If the first post is NOT accurate then we can't be sure what is. PLEASE take a minute to verify your info is correct and we know what day you are arriving, what day you are departing, if you want single or double occupancy or if you want nitrox or extra days of diving. (I already see a conflict between what Stingray1 posted in the thread and what is posted in the first post. I've aske Punkie to fix it so she can be sure that her master spreadsheet is accurate too.) But these are the sorts of things we need to clean up asap!

2. If you have not sent in your docs PLEASE do so asap. We need to finalize the list of who's going and the devil is in the details. If you've sent in your docs but we are not showing as having sent them let us know or please resend your survey to trips@singledivers.com and your waiver via fax to 214-350-2558 or mail or you can scan it and send it via trips@singledivers.com

3. We are now less than 30 days before this trip and all payments are due in full. Our accountant will soon be contacting anyone who still has a balance on this trip. PLEASE understand that our accountant is NOT on salary so she bills me for every hour it takes to track down payments and get our books squared away. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us keep our costs down so we can keep offering great trips at great prices by getting your balances cleared up now before our accountant has to do extra work. :birthday:

4. We are very light on this trip so if you have a friend like Stingray1 did, we'd love for you to get them to join us. We do not firesale spots even if we have to eat them. Its not fair to the members that signed up early or paid the normal low price and it increases the chance that SD won't offer as many trips going forward. So please if you know someone who wants to see WHALESHARKS for sure...then this is the trip!

Thank you all for joining us and this will be an amazing trip. It is the 3 time we've repeated it although the second trip was blown out by Hurricane Dean :birthday:

Hello Future Cozy Companions!

I'm arriving in Cozumel on the 24th at 2:30 pm and doing the two boat dives on the 25th. As for the 26th, can anyone comment on what the shore diving is like? If it's only fair, I think I would prefer the boat. Also, please add me to the list for the 3rd dive on the other days. Thanks.

Looking so forward!!
Tamara

#127 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:48 AM

Hello Future Cozy Companions!

I'm arriving in Cozumel on the 24th at 2:30 pm and doing the two boat dives on the 25th. As for the 26th, can anyone comment on what the shore diving is like? If it's only fair, I think I would prefer the boat. Also, please add me to the list for the 3rd dive on the other days. Thanks.

Looking so forward!!
Tamara
[/quote]

The shore diving in front of Casa del Mar is only fair, lots of sand, some fish and anenomes. We will be doing our check-out dive there on Thursday. On Friday afternoon when GreenTurtle arrives, I'll be doing her check-out dive with her there and you guys can join us. Saturday when the rest of the gang arrives, they will do their check-out dive there and we can join them. I am going to go ahead and put GreenTurtle (if that's OK with her) and I on the Saturday morning tank dive because I know I won't be able to get her out of the water. We will most likely be back by lunch and before any of the Saturday arrivals get to the hotel.
Nachi Cocom is a beach park 10 minutes from Casa del Mar and I think is associated with the hotel. They have diving there, so I will check it out when I arrive, so that may be an option, too.

:birthday:
Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Edited by Stingray1, 08 July 2008 - 05:53 AM.

Phyllis

#128 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:09 AM

Is there a Cozy only option for this trip? Could I do a Friday-Monday with two days of diving? Airfare seems reasonable to do it, but need a price on the other piece.

The Wench asked if she could do my 100th dive with me and I am at 96 right now, so that would allow it.

#129 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:43 AM

Is there a Cozy only option for this trip? Could I do a Friday-Monday with two days of diving? Airfare seems reasonable to do it, but need a price on the other piece.

The Wench asked if she could do my 100th dive with me and I am at 96 right now, so that would allow it.

I hope you can come. That would be fun.
WW is on the Dry Tortuga trip right now, but hopefully she can check her emails while she's in port.
Phyllis

#130 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:56 AM

I hope you can come. That would be fun.
WW is on the Dry Tortuga trip right now, but hopefully she can check her emails while she's in port.

Yes I know. I can book it myself and just crash the party, but wanted to give WW a shot at if possible. Not sure if I can wait until she gets back.

#131 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:01 AM

I just talked to her and she'll call you this morning

#132 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:41 AM

I need flight info for anyone who has not already sent it to me ASAP! I need to send Kamala the rooming assignments today to send to the resort. If I do not have your flight info, I will assume you are staying for the package dates from the 26th through the 2nd.

I am missing flight info for:

Sue
Mike - Arriving the 24th?
Alan
George

Edited by ScubaPunk, 08 July 2008 - 08:47 AM.

#133 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

Just heard that the airfare to Cozy is under $500!! If you are on the fence about this trip, you need to jump on it.

#134 capnalan

capnalan

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor and former liveaboard Captain
  • Logged Dives:Many

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

Travel for Alan (CapnAlan)
Arr Fri 25th (CZM) CO 1696 11:27 am
Dpt Sat 2nd (CUN) CO 465 1:50 pm

I will need an extra room night of 25th ($110 ? )

Thanks Alan

#135 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

Ok..I am in for the Cozy portion of the trip. WW has a deposit in tow and once the final pricing is determined, I will send a check for the difference.

For now put me as SO, Arriving July 25th, Departing July 28th. May change to DO if I can arrange a roomate.

Put me down for 100's for the first dive on the 26th & 27th.
Put me down for the 3rd dive on the 26th.
Diving Air

My flight info is as follows...

AA 1225 DEN Denver Jul 25, 2008 06:00 AM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Jul 25, 2008 08:50 AM
AA 367 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Jul 25, 2008 10:25 AM CZM Cozumel Jul 25, 2008 01:05 PM

AA 364 CZM Cozumel Jul 28, 2008 02:05 PM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Jul 28, 2008 04:50 PM
AA 1027 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Jul 28, 2008 06:50 PM DEN Denver Jul 28, 2008 07:50 PM

And yes, the price today was $408!

Waiver & Survey in process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users