• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

July 26- Aug 2 2008 WHALESHARKS!!! Yep Holbox & Cozy & Cenotes!

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#136 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:37 AM

Ok..I am in for the Cozy portion of the trip. WW has a deposit in tow and once the final pricing is determined, I will send a check for the difference.

For now put me as SO, Arriving July 25th, Departing July 28th. May change to DO if I can arrange a roomate.

Put me down for 100's for the first dive on the 26th & 27th.
Put me down for the 3rd dive on the 26th.
Diving Air

My flight info is as follows...

AA 1225 DEN Denver Jul 25, 2008 06:00 AM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Jul 25, 2008 08:50 AM
AA 367 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Jul 25, 2008 10:25 AM CZM Cozumel Jul 25, 2008 01:05 PM

AA 364 CZM Cozumel Jul 28, 2008 02:05 PM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Jul 28, 2008 04:50 PM
AA 1027 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Jul 28, 2008 06:50 PM DEN Denver Jul 28, 2008 07:50 PM

And yes, the price today was $408!

Waiver & Survey in process.

Thanks George. Sure can tell you've done this before! :birthday:

#137 kboffuss

kboffuss

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:25 AM

Quick question. I did get traveler insurance through CSA. Do I need to share that information with SD or is it just for my own protection? Thanks. I'll eventually learn the process!!!!!!!!!!!! Karen

#138 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:07 AM

Quick question. I did get traveler insurance through CSA. Do I need to share that information with SD or is it just for my own protection? Thanks. I'll eventually learn the process!!!!!!!!!!!! Karen

Yes please. Just email your policy number to trips@singledivers.com. :birthday:

#139 kboffuss

kboffuss

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

FYI- travel insurance info was sent!!

#140 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:19 AM

Document Update:

1. George aka georoc01: Received your Survey! :birthday:
2. Karen aka kboffuss: Received your Insurance Info! :birthday:

#141 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

Isn't it time to get excited?????? :welcome:

I've ordered a new camera, so I'm waiting for it to be delivered so I can play with it.
Remember to bring lots of small bills for tipping and shopping and underwater lights for the caves.
Is there any particular biodegradable sunscreen/insect repellant we need to bring?
What else am I forgetting?
School supplies.

Kamala, do you snorkel in your drysuit???? :P
Phyllis

#142 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:43 PM

Well I'm pretty excited! I'm way overdue for a vacation and this is going to be a great one. :welcome: I saw a whale shark Saturday diving down in South Padre!!! Believe it or not. It was soooooo awesome. It was just circling the rig where we were diving. Once my dive buddy sends me the pics he took, I will post them on the board. Now I am even more anxious to see some more Whale Sharks. They are such graceful, awesome creatures.

#143 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:28 AM

Well I'm pretty excited! I'm way overdue for a vacation and this is going to be a great one. :cool1: I saw a whale shark Saturday diving down in South Padre!!! Believe it or not. It was soooooo awesome. It was just circling the rig where we were diving. Once my dive buddy sends me the pics he took, I will post them on the board. Now I am even more anxious to see some more Whale Sharks. They are such graceful, awesome creatures.

OMG!!!!!!!
That is amazing you saw a whaleshark. I can't wait!
I did my school supply shopping. Luckily, I'm Elite, so I can carry 70 lb bags.
I need to pull out my dive bag and start charging up batteries and making piles to pack.
:birthday: :fish:
Phyllis

#144 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

Payment Update:

1. Grace aka nobodyelsehasthis: Received your paypal payment in the amount of $1433.00 which includes the PP fee! :birthday:

:cool1: Welcome to SD Grace, and Welcome to the Cozy Trip! Please post here in the thread and say hi! :fish:

#145 1Scubadiver

1Scubadiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor-long ago

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:49 AM

Isn't it time to get excited?????? :wakawaka:

I've ordered a new camera, so I'm waiting for it to be delivered so I can play with it.
Remember to bring lots of small bills for tipping and shopping and underwater lights for the caves.
Is there any particular biodegradable sunscreen/insect repellant we need to bring?
What else am I forgetting?
School supplies.

Kamala, do you snorkel in your drysuit???? :teeth:

Hey Phyllis, I'm excited for sure!
Speaking of cameras, I'm on the hunt for a camera to take pictures of the whale sharks, I don't know much about affordable wide angle digital setups, I'm hoping you or someone else might know. Also, since it seems I'm relegated to snorkeling for the next year or 2, I need something that easy to handle.
Thanks, Barb :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

#146 Fishwatcher

Fishwatcher

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:192

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

Speaking of cameras, I'm on the hunt for a camera to take pictures of the whale sharks, I don't know much about affordable wide angle digital setups, I'm hoping you or someone else might know. Also, since it seems I'm relegated to snorkeling for the next year or 2, I need something that easy to handle.
Thanks, Barb :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Hello Barb,

I purchased a Sealife DC600 digital camera, a camera and housing combination (http://www.reefmaste...eras/dc600.html), last year and I'm very happy with it after using it on two trips. It has a fast start up time and a fast shutter . I've used it both snorkeling and diving and I'm looking forward to using the wide angle lens.

Sealife also makes the less expensive Reefmaster Mini camera (http://www.reefmaste...aster_mini.html) that can be used for snorkeling or diving (depth rated to 130'), and has a wide angle lens available (http://www.reefmaste...wide_angle.html). The Mini doesn't have a zoom feature, but also doesn't have a separate camera and housing to worry about - it's just a camera that is waterproof. The ECO shot is even less expensive and can use the wide angle lens, but is only depth rated to 75'.

I hope this info. proves useful,

Phil

aka Fishwatcher

#147 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:37 PM

Thanks, Barb :thankyou: :thankyou: :respect:

Hello Barb,

I purchased a Sealife DC600 digital camera, a camera and housing combination (http://www.reefmaste...eras/dc600.html), last year and I'm very happy with it after using it on two trips. It has a fast start up time and a fast shutter . I've used it both snorkeling and diving and I'm looking forward to using the wide angle lens.

Sealife also makes the less expensive Reefmaster Mini camera (http://www.reefmaste...aster_mini.html) that can be used for snorkeling or diving (depth rated to 130'), and has a wide angle lens available (http://www.reefmaste...wide_angle.html). The Mini doesn't have a zoom feature, but also doesn't have a separate camera and housing to worry about - it's just a camera that is waterproof. The ECO shot is even less expensive and can use the wide angle lens, but is only depth rated to 75'.

I hope this info. proves useful,

Phil

aka Fishwatcher

they now have the DC800 that has wide-angle built in it's a very nice camera
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#148 1Scubadiver

1Scubadiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor-long ago

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

Phil
Great info Thanks so much ,
I'll be researching them tonight!

Hope to meet you soon.
Barb

#149 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:58 AM

Phil
Great info Thanks so much ,
I'll be researching them tonight!

Hope to meet you soon.
Barb

I had the DC600 that has the attachable wide angle, but I flooded it on the last trip.
There are also less expensive underwater cameras that go to 30 feet, but I have not looked at them.
I know I will be willing to share pictures with you and they might even have you in the picture with a whaleshark in the background!
Phyllis

#150 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,674 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:40 AM

Hey everyone...I'm back and playing catch up. I have lots of questions into the resort so we can finalize all the outstanding issues/questions and concerns!

Here are few from the questions I've just read:

1. As mentioned shorediving is only so/so at Casa Del Mar so would suggest boat dives for any extra days.
2. George I will get you your price so you can join us for a long Cozy option and I get to do your 100th dive with you! WOO!!! HOO!!! :birthday:
3. Stan I will have your price as well.
4. Final rooming for extra nights are being finalized with the hotel. I will post confirmations shortly.
5. I may have some extra rooms in Holbox so will work a deal for anyone who wants to upgrade to single room. (I will NOT turn the rooms back as they are the only ones with AC and if I turn them back the resort won't rent them to me again.)
6. I too am planning 3 dives a day and will verify the pricing for all has been set. If we have at least 5 people we can guarantee a boat for the 3rd dives so you can join later if we have space on the boat for Karen and others worried about ear clearing etc.

Ok back to the thread to see what I missed. Thanks everyone...this is going to a great trip! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users