• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Replacement Battery EMC-16

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:04 AM

Hi all,

I am looking for a replacement battery for my Cochran EMC-16 to have as a spare before I go south. They say you can use 2 N-size alkaline batteries, but the single cell 3V Lithium (CR12600SE or CR2NP model number) lasts 5 X longer according to the docs as Lithium is a better quality material.

Anyone have a lead (preferably in Canada). Am willing to mail order it as I cannot find it locally. My usual drug store and hardware store connections are turning up nothing so it must be rare.

:P
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:38 AM

The spares they include work great! After over 1000 dives in the past year I still haven't needed to change my battery. However we did accidently leave one computer damp/wet in such a manner that I managed to kill the battery after it stayed that way for over a month. I then used the replacement batteries Cochran sent with the computer and that computer has over 200 dives logged on it and no signs of giving up yet.

So unless you have an early battery failure, you are good to go since that is a new computer.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:58 AM

The spares they include work great! After over 1000 dives in the past year I still haven't needed to change my battery. However we did accidently leave one computer damp/wet in such a manner that I managed to kill the battery after it stayed that way for over a month. I then used the replacement batteries Cochran sent with the computer and that computer has over 200 dives logged on it and no signs of giving up yet.

So unless you have an early battery failure, you are good to go since that is a new computer.

Understood. I would like one anyway for the day I need it so I don't have to sit out a days diving. If I am having this much issue finding one here I doubt I could find one in a timely (or cost effective) manner in the Caribbean... :flirt:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:30 AM

Understood. I would like one anyway for the day I need it so I don't have to sit out a days diving. If I am having this much issue finding one here I doubt I could find one in a timely (or cost effective) manner in the Caribbean... :flirt:

Roger. I think the point is that Cochran gives you a spare battery so you NEVER have to sit out a dive. I have one computer with over 200 dives on the SPARE they give you. You should NEVER miss a dive due to a battery failure. The spares work great and can be readily purchased anywhere.

Your LDS can get the orig batteries for you or OTWDiver can do it as well.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users