• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

TSA Strikes Out Again!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:13 AM

I told a TSA guy he didn't have the clearance to look at a laptop...that drove him crazy. His supervisor came over and asked what was going on and I explained the situation and showed him a letter of exemption and had a chat about government issued laptops and the simple fact TSA screeners DO NOT have the clearance or need to know to look at it.

To prove it was a lap top and not something that goes <boom> I had to turn it on--which I did but turned it off just as the welcome to windows screen came on. I had extra time so I spent the next couple minutes quizzing him on what he had seen, advising him not to tell the other guy what he had seen and basically telling him if anything was disclosed he would be held accountable under federal espionage laws.

It was a bit much, but I was bored and it helped me pass the time.

Wonderful. :D

See: TSA Chief's Goal: Win Back the Passengers

One aspect I have enjoyed is the elimination of passengers' family and friends at boarding/arrival gates. They used to really crowd those areas, and now they only get in the travelers' way at luggage carousels.

If someone really needs as non-passenger to help inside security, I think that airlines can issue guest passes. I never tried...?
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users