• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Ideas for future South Florida activities

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Thoughts on future South Florida HH/DOM location (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Where should we meet next?

1. Boca (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Pompano (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Lauderdale (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

When should we meet?

1. Sat March 15 (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Sun March 16 (1 votes [12.50%])

3. Sat March 29 (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. Sun March 30 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Memorial Day W/E- picnic HH on Peanut Island ?

1. yes... (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. saturday (1 votes [12.50%])

3. sunday (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. monday (1 votes [12.50%])

5. no (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

Hello All,

Just thinking ahead for future Happy Hours and Dives of the Month. I am taking suggestions and ideas so we can start planning ahead. It might be difficult to get a DOM together with a charter although we are working on one at the moment and will keep you posted. In the interim, I know we aren't really suppose to post actual charter names on the board, so if you have ideas, please send me a PM and I will start a list.
Hint hint... Siskel and Eibert :cheerleader:

On a separate note, there is always the option of a beach dive in Lauderdale and the Blue Heron Bridge in WPB so let me know what you all think. :cheerleader:

P.S. I don't really know much about the whole "poll" type posts, so please bear with me :cheerleader:

#2 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

what does W/E mean?

#3 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:53 AM

what does W/E mean?

Weekend
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#4 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

:birthday: Great Idea :diver:
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#5 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:08 PM

:cool2: And then there is OceanFest the weekend of April 19th in Ft Lauderdale

#6 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:26 AM

...Lat year at "Coconuts" was a great HH! It was the weekend of Ocean Fest...

#7 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:57 PM

Avoid Mondays! even thou memorial day weekend is a 3 day for most, alot of people don't automatically have the Monday off!

#8 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:06 PM

...Lat year at "Coconuts" was a great HH! It was the weekend of Ocean Fest...

Good Call!!!! That was actually the first HH I went to (call it a 1 year anniversary of sorts) :cool1: .
I think that sounds like a plan.

#9 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:37 PM

Am I looking at this right, looking at March and April?? Definately in and looking forward to it

#10 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:01 PM

I am thinking since we should definitely plan something for Ocean Fest April 19th in Lauderdale, what do you all think about doing the earlier date in March (15th) in Boca to kind of spread things around? We are kind of split between the two so far anyways.
It will likely be to late for Kamala to publish the March HH, but I am thinking Ocean Fest is definitely do able as far as putting something in the Dive Mag goes. Plus who knows, maybe we can even convince Kamala to join us since she will be part of us East Coasters now. :cheerleader: :cool1:

Let me know what you all think! Anyone have any suggestions of where to meet in Boca if so decided?
I have heard Flannigan's so far, any other ideas? I believe there are some other places closer to water more in the Deerfield/Hillsboro area, but I can't remember the names. :banghead:

:cheerleader:

Susie

#11 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

I am thinking since we should definitely plan something for Ocean Fest April 19th in Lauderdale, what do you all think about doing the earlier date in March (15th) in Boca to kind of spread things around? We are kind of split between the two so far anyways.
It will likely be to late for Kamala to publish the March HH, but I am thinking Ocean Fest is definitely do able as far as putting something in the Dive Mag goes. Plus who knows, maybe we can even convince Kamala to join us since she will be part of us East Coasters now. :cheerleader: :cool1:

Let me know what you all think! Anyone have any suggestions of where to meet in Boca if so decided?
I have heard Flannigan's so far, any other ideas? I believe there are some other places closer to water more in the Deerfield/Hillsboro area, but I can't remember the names. :banghead:

Susie

If you want to start doing something regularly every 6 weeks or so that sounds great. Since doing a HH in Ft. Lauderdale seems to be very popular right now I think the April 19th is a great idea! So Who do we know in Boca to help set up one there?

#12 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:26 PM

Susie

If you want to start doing something regularly every 6 weeks or so that sounds great. Since doing a HH in Ft. Lauderdale seems to be very popular right now I think the April 19th is a great idea! So Who do we know in Boca to help set up one there?

scubagalpal is in Delray and I believe that Racer is a little further south. divingdeb is in FLL, and netmage as well, scubadad in Miami...that's all I can think of at the moment...and I certainly am open for corrections.... zach

#13 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:41 AM

I'm really surprised to see Boca Grande in second place........
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#14 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

If we do FLL in April I would say can we spread it around a bit??? I am driving anyway so an hour one way or the other really won't have too much impact on me. As long as I don't get lost that is!!

#15 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:12 PM

OK ALL :D

I am thinking that since Lauderdale is popular that we will definitely set up a Happy Hour in that area for April 19th to coincide with Ocean Fest and will look into Coconuts like last year. I will let you all know more details as they become available. What time does everyone suggest? Do we want to get a group together for the actual event itself?

:cheerleader: MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR LAUDERDALE HAPPY HOUR APRIL 19TH :cheerleader:

With that, what about Boca in March? Or does everyone feel they'd be too close together and we should focus our energy on Lauderdale and later. PEANUT ISLAND MEMORIAL DAY BASH :birthday:

For you Treasure Coast and north people, start thinking of some places for this summer. I remember a place I believe in Ft. Pierce although I will have to go there to remember the name unless someone knows what I am talking about. It is an open air restaurant/bar that if memory serves had a small marina of sorts nearby. There was a small park that you had to walk accross to actually get to the restaurant as it is kind of on the side of a circle I think. :birthday: But alas my knowledge of that area is minimal.

In Jupiter, there is also the Square Grouper which is all outdoors along the Jupiter Inlet with a view of the Lighthouse. Think..... a Tiki Bar, sandy beach watching the boats go by with a frozen Hurricane or Rum Runner in hand and the video of 5 O'Clock Somewhere (actual video location):P :birthday:

So what does everyone think?......
:birthday: HOPE EVERYONE IS GETTING AS EXCITED AS I AM!!!!! :twist: :twist: :cool1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users