• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Ideas for future South Florida activities

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Thoughts on future South Florida HH/DOM location (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Where should we meet next?

1. Boca (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Pompano (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Lauderdale (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

When should we meet?

1. Sat March 15 (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Sun March 16 (1 votes [12.50%])

3. Sat March 29 (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. Sun March 30 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Memorial Day W/E- picnic HH on Peanut Island ?

1. yes... (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. saturday (1 votes [12.50%])

3. sunday (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. monday (1 votes [12.50%])

5. no (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:23 PM

For you Treasure Coast and north people, start thinking of some places for this summer. I remember a place I believe in Ft. Pierce although I will have to go there to remember the name unless someone knows what I am talking about. It is an open air restaurant/bar that if memory serves had a small marina of sorts nearby. There was a small park that you had to walk accross to actually get to the restaurant as it is kind of on the side of a circle I think. :cheerleader: But alas my knowledge of that area is minimal.

I think you're talking about the Tiki Bar in Fort Pierce. That or Cobbs Landing which is right in that same park area would work great.

Once you have a plan for that one... I'm happy to help since I'm close by. I can also post flyers in Fort Pierce and Vero shops.

Ocean Fest sounds great. I was already planning to be there so count me in.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#17 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:48 AM

For you Treasure Coast and north people, start thinking of some places for this summer. I remember a place I believe in Ft. Pierce although I will have to go there to remember the name unless someone knows what I am talking about. It is an open air restaurant/bar that if memory serves had a small marina of sorts nearby. There was a small park that you had to walk accross to actually get to the restaurant as it is kind of on the side of a circle I think. :thankyou: But alas my knowledge of that area is minimal.

I think you're talking about the Tiki Bar in Fort Pierce. That or Cobbs Landing which is right in that same park area would work great.

Once you have a plan for that one... I'm happy to help since I'm close by. I can also post flyers in Fort Pierce and Vero shops.

Ocean Fest sounds great. I was already planning to be there so count me in.

I will be waiting on I-95 with my thumb out.... :blush2: ..I don't take up much room.... :teeth:
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#18 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:52 AM

[quote name='dolphin lover'
:thankyou: HOPE EVERYONE IS GETTING AS EXCITED AS I AM!!!!! :diver: :twist: :teeth:
[/quote]

;) It all sounds good to me! :2cool: Thank you all :blush2: in advance for all the fun!

#19 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

Hi All!

I agree that we should focus as much attention on Ocean Fest as possible! :cheerleader:

I'd like to see us all get together at some place like we did at the Tiki Bar. It could also be a great opportunity to pick up new members. :cheerleader:

We should think of a way to get our name out! Anyone with any bright ideas? :cheerleader:

I'm also for the Peanut Island picnic idea! :cheerleader:

Now, we just have to settle on something for up north,

#20 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:32 PM

Hey All,

Do we have anything going on in March??? Or is it just April in FLL?

Thanks for everyone's hard work on these activities.

#21 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:40 AM

Accck... Uggg...., Please... Must have... Liquid... Gills drying out... Saltwater preferred... Rum and Diet Coke if I must... :cheerleader:

1 week down, 11 to go....
"I aim to misbehave...."

#22 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:55 AM

Accck... Uggg...., Please... Must have... Liquid... Gills drying out... Saltwater preferred... Rum and Diet Coke if I must... :cheerleader:

11 more weeks! Did you discuss the dangers of dry rot with your doctor!!??!! :cheerleader:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#23 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:55 AM

Accck... Uggg...., Please... Must have... Liquid... Gills drying out... Saltwater preferred... Rum and Diet Coke if I must...

Hey there, do you have to undergo any tests/clearance prior to get back in the water????? Another Echo/TEE or Stress Test??

Yeah, I'm being a little nosy, well more than a little nosy, curiosity since I work in a Cardiologist office what your Dr's may have said.....

Patty

#24 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:26 PM

:cheerleader: I could offer therapy in the form of a :cheerleader: 2 tank dive.....

#25 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

Accck... Uggg...., Please... Must have... Liquid... Gills drying out... Saltwater preferred... Rum and Diet Coke if I must...

Hey there, do you have to undergo any tests/clearance prior to get back in the water????? Another Echo/TEE or Stress Test??

Yeah, I'm being a little nosy, well more than a little nosy, curiosity since I work in a Cardiologist office what your Dr's may have said.....

Patty

The literature said I was supposed to take a few weeks off exertion...

Doc said no heavy lifting, no tub baths or swimming for 5 days to let the entry wounds heal... But cardio is ok... Did 25 mins Sat, back to an hour on the elliptical Sun (procedure was thursday).

I have a TTE and followup appt scheduled for 4/21, where I expect to get clearance, but he knows 5/10 is my real target. So, if he says go ahead and dive, you know I will.., If he says wait till Bonaire, I'll think about it... :cheerleader: Ok Ok Ok... I'll wait...
"I aim to misbehave...."

#26 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

:cheerleader: I could offer therapy in the form of a :cheerleader: 2 tank dive.....

See, I don't think Doug would like that... Thats the problem here..., most of my buddies know the cardiologist.. So there's no sneak diving during recovery.... They'll rat me out... :banghead:
"I aim to misbehave...."

#27 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

Hey All,

Do we have anything going on in March??? Or is it just April in FLL?

Thanks for everyone's hard work on these activities.

Boy, you all were reading my mind today :-D
I was originally going to try both, but input on the board and the dates being close (end of March-mid April) the thought was to focus on Ocean Fest.

On the same note, I have spoken with one of the manager's at Coconuts. He remembers the group from last year and although they can't really offer any drink/food specials do to "season", he did say that he could set us up on the bottom deck on the water. Apparently they have remodeled and added a gazebo near the dive boats and they have a steel drum band that plays in the same area. :-D I will be checking it out sometime in the not so distant future if anyone wants to do a pre-HH and scope it out with me.

If anyone favors a different venue, let me know or else we will just go ahead and make this the plan. What time does everyone think would be the time to advertise?

Being that it is going to be Ocean Fest, what does everyone say to meeting somewhere early in the day and actually going together? We could even meet for breakfast/brunch and make an entire day of it. :P I know... i'm probably going overboard, to bad not literally over a dive boat :-D

#28 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:21 PM

Accck... Uggg...., Please... Must have... Liquid... Gills drying out... Saltwater preferred... Rum and Diet Coke if I must... :-D

Well here's to a speedy 11 weeks. Lord knows at least the next 3 will go by fast for me as I have an audit at work and i've only been in the job for a couple of months. Needless to say I will be eating, sleeping and breathing work :P

P.S. I forgot to add to the earlier post....but if anyone does want to do an impromptu get together after the 12th of March I could likely be persuaded :-D

#29 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

Accck... Uggg...., Please... Must have... Liquid... Gills drying out... Saltwater preferred... Rum and Diet Coke if I must... :-D

Well here's to a speedy 11 weeks. Lord knows at least the next 3 will go by fast for me as I have an audit at work and i've only been in the job for a couple of months. Needless to say I will be eating, sleeping and breathing work :P

P.S. I forgot to add to the earlier post....but if anyone does want to do an impromptu get together after the 12th of March I could likely be persuaded :-D

I volunteer to help check things out! Just name a date and time! (Weekend date and time that is!)

#30 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

I'm actually a New Yorker, but since my mom lives in FLL ( Coconut Creek) I may find myself at times down your way and would love to join a HH or a dive trip if I can ---- I'll keep an eye on this forum and jump in if I'll be down that way.....right now i don't know if April is in the cards, but maybe in May...

At least maybe I can find some buddies to dive with if, when visiting my mom, I get an urge to submerge!!!

SusiQ

Edited by susiq, 22 February 2008 - 09:24 PM.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users