• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

new member from Colorado

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 27 March 2004 - 07:37 PM

Hey now,

Just wanted to say hi. I love to dive and travel and hope to meet some of you on a trip one of these days.

- Chuck B)

#2 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 27 March 2004 - 07:44 PM

Welcome Chuck

I tell you what most of these people here love to travel and Dive also I think you found the right place!

Welcome Aboard

Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#3 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 27 March 2004 - 07:45 PM

Hello Chuck,

Welcome to our home! Please tell us a little about yourself.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#4 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 07:57 PM

Okay here is a little bit about me. I learned to dive in 2000 while traveling in New Zealand. Besides NZ I've dived in Australia(GBR and Coral Sea), Fiji, Sea of Cortez, Roatan, Bonaire, Belize, FL Keys and a mud hole in Coloarado called Carter Lake. My next trip is in May on the Turks & Caicos Aggressor and I just booked a trip to Wakatobi, Indonesia for September. So I'm pretty booked till the fall in terms of dive trips. In CO I work as a software geek and like to hike and backpack as well as ski. :dazzler:

#5 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 27 March 2004 - 09:56 PM

Hi Chuck,

:dazzler: to SD.com, you found the right place to meet other singles who love to have fun and travel.. seems you have a very impressive diving and travel history... geesh, I'm jealous... :diver:

Either way, hope to meet you on a trip one day and dive with ya.

Dejah

#6 Lubold8431

Lubold8431

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor. Do most of my diving in NE. I love wreck diving.
  • Logged Dives:Over 1500...

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:52 PM

Hey Chuck, Nice name.

Welcome... You've been diving in some very cool places...

Chuck
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.
--Vince Lombardi

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 March 2004 - 09:34 AM

Okay here is a little bit about me. I learned to dive in 2000 while traveling in New Zealand. Besides NZ I've dived in Australia(GBR and Coral Sea), Fiji, Sea of Cortez, Roatan, Bonaire, Belize, FL Keys and a mud hole in Coloarado called Carter Lake. My next trip is in May on the Turks & Caicos Aggressor and I just booked a trip to Wakatobi, Indonesia for September. So I'm pretty booked till the fall in terms of dive trips. In CO I work as a software geek and like to hike and backpack as well as ski. :)

Hi Chuck aka ChinaCat46...

Welcome to our home!!! As Dandy Don always says..."Not sure what we'll be when we grow up" but it will be whatever you and our other members make us!

I see you have dove Bonaire already...ready for a repeat adventure? We are going in June...of course that is a bit close to your May trip and it looks like you'll miss our Sept trip as well! BUMMER!!! However...it looks like you may need to join us on one of the "Graveyard of the Atlantic" trips...they are definitely "Once in a lifetime MUST see diving adventures" that if you aren't careful...you could get hooked on them like me!! LOL!!!

Yep...that is how I got the nickname..."Wreck Wench"....my boat capt named me that after diving the NC wrecks for so many years!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#8 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 09:48 AM

Yeah I noticed the Bonaire trip. I've been twice already and wish I could go in June but I don't think my boss would be to happy about it. I try and go diving as much as he'll let me(about 4 times a year). I was already in Belize in Feb so I'm using up my allotment :) for this year. But I will definitely have to join one of the trips in the future.

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 March 2004 - 11:08 AM

Yeah I noticed the Bonaire trip. I've been twice already and wish I could go in June but I don't think my boss would be to happy about it. I try and go diving as much as he'll let me(about 4 times a year). I was already in Belize in Feb so I'm using up my allotment :smurf: for this year. But I will definitely have to join one of the trips in the future.

That would be awesome...however let me warn you...once you dive with us...you won't want to dive with anyone else again....and why should you? Where else can you dive with 20+ single people all very much like yourself....fun loving...save money and have more fun then you thought possible both diving AND staying dry???? LOL!!! :)

Ok ok...so that was a 'shameless' plug for SD.com BUT...I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't been told it by others on the last trip! Check out "What Singles Are Saying" for lots of cool things people have said about our trips! You can access the main website by clicking on the SingleDivers.com Website link below the Message Borad banner in the upper left corner! :twist:

PS. the trips to NC are short ones...you can still sneak one of those in and where else can you dive on a real German U-Boat?????? (My picture in my profile is me coming out of the U-358 in 115 ft of blue, clear about 80 degree water.) Yes I know I'm wearing rubber...I ALWAYS wear rubber....that's way I live in Texas!!! LOL!! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#10 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 28 March 2004 - 12:26 PM

:) Chuck...glad to have you aboard. I am very envious of you my friend. You have dove in the same places that I constantly dream about. Maybe one day we can hook up on a trip and you can tell me all about them.

Again, welcome to our home.

-Zendiver
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#11 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 28 March 2004 - 05:48 PM

Hi Chuck,

:) to SD.com!

#12 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 29 March 2004 - 10:29 AM

Hey now,

Just wanted to say hi. I love to dive and travel and hope to meet some of you on a trip one of these days.

- Chuck B)

Howdy, neighbor! Welcome to this fabulous fun site! I'm just down the street from you in Boulder. Did you enjoy the snow yesterday? I take full responsibility and/or credit, since I just got a schweet new mountain bike on Friday. No better way to guarantee precipitation than that! Are you a mtn biker?

And although this doesn't mean I blew my budget for going on a singles trip this year, it does mean no drysuit for the Blue Hole!

:diver:
coppermaus

#13 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 29 March 2004 - 10:50 AM

....this doesn't mean I blew my budget for going on a singles trip this year.....

Say, this is good news. I hope to see you on a trip very soon.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#14 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 March 2004 - 12:36 PM

Hi Chuck!

I don't think "welcome" is appropriate since you joined before me but howdy would work. :clapping:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#15 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 12:55 PM

Howdy, neighbor! Welcome to this fabulous fun site! I'm just down the street from you in Boulder. Did you enjoy the snow yesterday? I take full responsibility and/or credit, since I just got a schweet new mountain bike on Friday. No better way to guarantee precipitation than that! Are you a mtn biker?

Well Howdy to you neighbor. I work in Boulder and lived there for many years myself. I know the place all to well. I do Mt Bike but I am not currently to active. My friends who go all the time burned me out for a while. I'm almost always up for diving depending on the site. Have no desire to dive Carter Lake again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users