• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

new member from Colorado

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 29 March 2004 - 01:53 PM

I'm almost always up for diving depending on the site. Have no desire to dive Carter Lake again.

Well, now that you mention it, have you ever been to the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM? We've got a group meeting down there at the end of April. Looks like several people from this SD.com are going, plus a whole group of students from Boulder. See this thread: Dive the Turn Blue Hole for more info. It's a 7-hr drive from Boulder, but plenty of people are driving from here. If you want to post anything about that trip, be sure to post it on that thread rather than here.

I've never gone diving in Carter Lake or anywhere else besides a swimming pool in our great landlocked state. Carter Lake was too cold and murky, I s'pose?

:clapping:
coppermaus

#17 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 29 March 2004 - 05:43 PM

Carter Lake is definitely not a place to dive. I did my drysuit training there which was okay since the water is cold but it wasn't okay cause there was no visibility. I couldn't see a foot. I had a flashlight and needed it to read the computer on my wrist which I held right in front of my face. I stayed warm and dry but it wasn't my idea of diving. I did see a grayfish on the bottom right next to me. If it wasn't right next to me I never would have seen it. Worse two dives of my life but I got my drysuit cert.

#18 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 29 March 2004 - 07:06 PM

And welcome to you, too!
:cool2:
Did you see any hammerheads in the Sea of Cortez? I did, lots of them. Playing with the sea lions was lots of fun.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#19 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 07:53 PM

No I didn't see one Hammerhead. Saw a few white tip reef sharks and two manta rays but no hammerheads. I've only seen one and it was big. It was during a night dive in Australia and I was glad to be with 3 other divers at the time. I'm gonna go to Cocos Island one of these days. I've heard that is the spot for hammerheads.

#20 funsurge

funsurge

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:21 PM

Welcome Chuck!

It sounds like your log book entries and passport stamps are something to aspire to!

Have you done some other fresh water diving besides Crater Lake?

You'll have to come out to Idaho and check out ice diving in Feb & March next year :cool2:

Happy Diving!
Lisa

#21 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:44 PM

It sounds like your log book entries and passport stamps are something to aspire to!

Have you done some other fresh water diving besides Crater Lake?

You'll have to come out to Idaho and check out ice diving in Feb & March next year :cool2:

Actually my passport does look pretty cool. I've been to a few other places like Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and Japan but I went to those places before I was a diver. Some of them will have to be revisited. I love traveling and love diving even more so the two are now where all my vacation time is spent.

I haven't done any fresh water diving other then Carter Lake. I know there has to be some good places but that ain't one of them. Sounds like I'd need a dry suit in Idaho. I'd probably rather be on the slopes though if I was there in Feb or March. Ice diving does sound interesting although I'd probably need a different reg besides the drysuit. :cool2:

- Chuck

#22 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:26 PM

Howdy There! :twist:

Welcome to the party. Don't know what we'll be when we grow up, but it'll be fun!
:D
don

Some people here call me "PATTON" :diver:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users