• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Membership renewals

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

Geeze you guys. I come home late last night from work and I have a pm telling me that my membership will be up for renewal "soon" and if I would like to renew that I should go in and blah blah blah! I go to the renewal site and because I have not expired yet it won't give me the option of renewing. No biggy I can wait. I get home tonight and log on to find out that I have lost all of my premier membership functions. No email, no PMS and I can not even respond or start certain threads.

I looked up my membership and today is my anniversary....

Nice way to say thanks for being a member and be sure and renew before such and such a date...

Or maybe someone is trying to tell me something :respect:

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#2 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:38 AM

How many extra minutes did you want...?

I can't PM or get to old ones, nor get into the Protected forums, oh well.
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#3 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:56 AM

Geeze you guys. I come home late last night from work and I have a pm telling me that my membership will be up for renewal "soon" and if I would like to renew that I should go in and blah blah blah! I go to the renewal site and because I have not expired yet it won't give me the option of renewing. No biggy I can wait. I get home tonight and log on to find out that I have lost all of my premier membership functions. No email, no PMS and I can not even respond or start certain threads.

I looked up my membership and today is my anniversary....

Nice way to say thanks for being a member and be sure and renew before such and such a date...

Or maybe someone is trying to tell me something :cheerleader:

Jim

I agree. Can we have it set up so that we can renew a few days earlier than it is actually due? How about multi year memberships even? What are the possibilities......

Rosa

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:01 AM

Ok wanted to do a quick reply here...will need the site IT gurus to give us better answers as it is controlled by the subscription manager part of the site software. (Rarely do any message boards do their own code writing...they use systems that have it built in or you pay for the add-on. Some do mods (modifications to their code to 'tweak' it to do what they want but that presents problems for future upgrades since those mods will be lost once you do the upgrade. You can also ask the software developer to do the mods but then they either charge you an arm and a leg...or say it will be in the next update or they will wait to see when there is enough demand for that 'patch' before they consider adding it.)

So to reply to your question Jim...I do not know if there is anything we can do about allowing for renewals early. I will see if there is a toggle or switch but I'm guessing there is not or we would have set it up that way. As for allowing multi-year registrations that is a great idea. I will see if we can do that. Again I'm not sure if the software will allow it but its a great idea.

And yes if you have lost your pm benefits and access to premier member and above forums then please renew your dues and they will return. And you can get $25 of them back every time you travel with us or use our wholesale travel services and you'll save that or more with all our preferred vendors*.

To renew: Go to MY CONTROLS and click on PAID SUBSCRIPTION under Options on the left. Then select premier member and follow the payment prompts. Choosing paypal via credit card will upgrade you automagically. Choosing post/postal for check or using e-check via paypal will not upgrade you until your payment clears.

* of course you'll need to purchase a minimum qty of goods to qualify for $25 or more in savings but the levels are very low for most items from Cochran, OMS, DiveRite, Deep Sea Supply, Diversitea, and more.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 Fordan

Fordan

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

As the Wench said, it is automated and controlled by the forum software, and it's abruptness shouldn't be taken as a personal message, more a limitation in the software we use.

I would agree that not being able to renew prior to losing premier member status and its perks is suboptimal. Unfortunately, I'm not sure we'll be able to do much with that aspect because of the way the software works, although I'll keep poking around and researching to see if there's a way we can make it work better.

I do think we should be offer multi-year memberships. I need to do some testing before saying for certain, but I expect this shouldn't take much effort if the system will allow us to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users