• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive Trip Calendar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dive1dennis

dive1dennis

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Deco Procedures / Intro to Cave
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:43 PM

Maybe it's just me but I struggle a little with organizing the SD trips in my mind. I have to open each topic and look for the details, then do the same for other trips that I want to consider. Please consider a suggestion.......

My idea would be to add a calendar format to the site for trips. Each trip could have a bar covering the days of the trip, including some basic trip information. You could use color codes to indicate if it is proposed, open for bookings, full, etc. This feature would enable a person to see at a glance what is proposed and available, then look at the individual topic for the details.

I hope that this was not already covered, my apologies if it was.

Thanks,
Dennis
Dennis

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,700 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

Maybe it's just me but I struggle a little with organizing the SD trips in my mind. I have to open each topic and look for the details, then do the same for other trips that I want to consider. Please consider a suggestion.......

My idea would be to add a calendar format to the site for trips. Each trip could have a bar covering the days of the trip, including some basic trip information. You could use color codes to indicate if it is proposed, open for bookings, full, etc. This feature would enable a person to see at a glance what is proposed and available, then look at the individual topic for the details.

I hope that this was not already covered, my apologies if it was.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hey Dennis you aren't the only one. We are working to try and fix it as best we can. I'd hate for someone to miss a trip because they couldn't find them. :flower:

We do have a trip calendar....look the icons in the upper right above MY CONTROLS and it says

Gallery HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Click on the Calendar and it will show you something similar to what you are asking about. The problem is keeping it updated...we always need extra volunteers to help with such things!

We also have a summary called 2008 and 2009 Trips & Events Summary that is an announcement at the TOP of every forum. It was suggested by one of our members while it is something I have to keep updated manually, so far response has been good that it helps to organize trips for people. Click here and tell me if that helps you as well.

If not I'll go back to the drawing board and work on making it easier. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 dive1dennis

dive1dennis

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Deco Procedures / Intro to Cave
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

So you are telling me the calander would be the thing on the front bage labeled calender.
Now I am embarassed.... :thankyou:
Sorry - you are way ahead of me! Looks great!
Dennis

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,700 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:13 PM

So you are telling me the calander would be the thing on the front bage labeled calender.
Now I am embarassed.... :thankyou:
Sorry - you are way ahead of me! Looks great!

Well its in two places...but that is also confusing. Thanks for the feedback!

One person happy.... :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users