• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Georgia Dive Show

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

Unfortunately this event overlaps the Bonaire Trip, but in case anybody is interestered, here's the website: http://www.georgiadiveshow.com/

Ok so the location is not that easy to find....

Its here:

Gwinnett Center
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth, Georgia 30097 Toll Free: 800-224-6422
Voice: 770-813-7500
Fax: 770-813-7501
TDD/TTY: 770-813-7503

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#2 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

I guess you could go on the 18th and still do Bonaire
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:55 AM

I guess you could go on the 18th and still do Bonaire

You are right...and I'm going to be in the Atlanta area for a few extra days after the show so that means I might be able make the show the 18th. That is unless Bill aka OTWDiver's new diveshop is having its Grand Opening. He is shooting for that weekend so that will take priority!

But I have asked the show promoters to PLEASE let us know the dates for next year so we can try and plan to be there and maybe even have a booth! :wakawaka:

By the time they told us about the dates for this year we were already booked for Bonaire!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:33 AM

I will be there along with DiveGeek (aka Mark), in Booth #39. I'm working Saturday, and Mark is working Sunday (at least that is the current plan). Come on by if you are in the neighborhood.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:37 AM

Ok I've spoken with OTWDiver and his new diveshop grand opening is NOT the weekend of the 17th/18th so we will be attending the show on the 18th.

Next year we plan to have a booth! So as soon as the 2009 dates are set...we will start planning the party...er I mean the booth! :tears:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

Ok I've spoken with OTWDiver and his new diveshop grand opening is NOT the weekend of the 17th/18th so we will be attending the show on the 18th.

Next year we plan to have a booth! So as soon as the 2009 dates are set...we will start planning the party...er I mean the booth! :)

Count me in to help out next year!!!
I doubt I will make it over on the 18th. I'll need that day to recover from Bonaire and get ready for work on the 19th.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#7 salth20diver

salth20diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:527

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

Count me in to help this year if needed.

Mark

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:11 PM

Count me in to help this year if needed.

Mark

Cool Mark...we won't have a booth this year but if there are enough folks we might be able to do something Sat night (if I get in from Bonaire in time) or Sunday. I'd love to meet some our new members in the area! :)

formerly...

#9 salth20diver

salth20diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

great looking forward to meeting you and other SD members

m2

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:08 PM

Ok so the location is not that easy to find:

Gwinnett Center
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth, Georgia 30097 Toll Free: 800-224-6422
Voice: 770-813-7500
Fax: 770-813-7501
TDD/TTY: 770-813-7503

So now my question is... I arrive in Altanta at 5:40pm. Where is Duluth GA in relationship to the airport? I might be up for a Happy Hour Sat after the trip if we could get close to the show and find a hotel nearby...if it wasn't too late.

Any ideas from those who know the area???

formerly...

#11 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:57 AM

So now my question is... I arrive in Altanta at 5:40pm. Where is Duluth GA in relationship to the airport? I might be up for a Happy Hour Sat after the trip if we could get close to the show and find a hotel nearby...if it wasn't too late. Any ideas from those who know the area???

The Gwinnett Center is northeast of Atlanta, about 40 miles from the airport. However, it's pretty much a straight shot up I-85 to get there, so it's not too bad of a drive (especially on a weekend). The Dive Show has an arrangement with a nearby Holiday Inn for rooms at a special rate - you might ask to see if they will extend that to show attendees (hotel phone number is 770-476-2022).

Under normal circumstances I would be happy to serve as a tourguide/host, but I will be working at one of the booths on Saturday, so I don't know how much free time I will have. I would definitely be up for some type of social thing on Saturday night, and I think a Happy Hour is a great idea (has there ever even been one in Atlanta before?)

Let me know what kind of logistical support you all need locally and I will do what I can to help.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#12 salth20diver

salth20diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

So now my question is... I arrive in Altanta at 5:40pm. Where is Duluth GA in relationship to the airport? I might be up for a Happy Hour Sat after the trip if we could get close to the show and find a hotel nearby...if it wasn't too late. Any ideas from those who know the area???

The Gwinnett Center is northeast of Atlanta, about 40 miles from the airport. However, it's pretty much a straight shot up I-85 to get there, so it's not too bad of a drive (especially on a weekend). The Dive Show has an arrangement with a nearby Holiday Inn for rooms at a special rate - you might ask to see if they will extend that to show attendees (hotel phone number is 770-476-2022).

Under normal circumstances I would be happy to serve as a tourguide/host, but I will be working at one of the booths on Saturday, so I don't know how much free time I will have. I would definitely be up for some type of social thing on Saturday night, and I think a Happy Hour is a great idea (has there ever even been one in Atlanta before?)

Let me know what kind of logistical support you all need locally and I will do what I can to help.

-JimG

Jim, thanks for the info, I'm down in Buba Warner (south of Macon) and don't head north much.

Mark

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

Well I don't get to the airport until almost 6pm. If its a 40 min drive we need to get luggage (think dive gear hear as I'm coming home from Bonaire) and then drive towards the show and find a (the) hotel UNLESS we find something between hotel and airport and stay there.

Need to ask OTWDiver on this as well since I'm obligating him to driving. :diver:

I would like to see the show on Sunday so we might just have to plan to meet on Sunday if Sat gets to be too late or too difficult.

formerly...

#14 salth20diver

salth20diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

Well I don't get to the airport until almost 6pm. If its a 40 min drive we need to get luggage (think dive gear hear as I'm coming home from Bonaire) and then drive towards the show and find a (the) hotel UNLESS we find something between hotel and airport and stay there.

Need to ask OTWDiver on this as well since I'm obligating him to driving. :clapping:

I would like to see the show on Sunday so we might just have to plan to meet on Sunday if Sat gets to be too late or too difficult.

We can always meet at one of the local waffle houses for breakfast on Sunday before we hit the GDS.

Mark

#15 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:34 PM

I'd suggest maybe finding a hotel around Gwinnett Place Mall, which is about 5 miles south of the convention center, and also right on I-85 at Exit #104 (Gwinnett Center is at Exit #108). There is a whole slew of hotels right there at the mall (and very close to the interstate), as well as several places that would be suitable for a Happy Hour if you decide to do it on Saturday night (Bahama Breeze, Dave and Buster's, etc).

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users