• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Importance of Accurate Profile Info...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:28 AM

Morning all...

We have started to receive a lot of rejected emails from users who are sent forum updates automatically from the site.

Can you check your profile to ensure you have a valid email address listed. It may also be a good idea to make sure the listed address mailbox is not full. If you don't need emailed updates, then going into your profile and turning that feature off may be a good idea too. :cool1:

A valid email lets us contact you for prize draws, trip discounts and other goodies. Plus, if there is an issue we can talk to you directly. Nothing worse than winning something and never knowing about it... :birthday:

If we get multiple error messages for an address our only option is to turn that account off. Something we would rather not do for obvious reasons.

Feel free to ask questions in this thread.

Best Fishes... :cheerleader: :thankyou: :wakawaka:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#2 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:05 AM

And I thought this thread was going to be about some woman checking off the wrong age group :cheerleader:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#3 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

And I thought this thread was going to be about some woman checking off the wrong age group :cheerleader:

Haven't you heard? Apparently that is their prerogative along with being late and not calling... :thankyou:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#4 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

Haven't you heard? Apparently that is their prerogative along with being late and not calling... :wakawaka:

And changing our mind! :thankyou:
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#5 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

And I thought it was about recording accurate dive profile information... shows you where my mind is!

#6 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

And I thought this thread was going to be about some woman checking off the wrong age group :banghead:

Haven't you heard? Apparently that is their prerogative along with being late and not calling... :)

And changing our mind! :cool1:

I changed my mind........it doesn't work any better :P
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#7 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

And I thought this thread was going to be about some woman checking off the wrong age group :banghead:

Haven't you heard? Apparently that is their prerogative along with being late and not calling... :)

And changing our mind! :cool1:

Why? Is there something wrong with the one you have? :P

PPM

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

And I thought it was about recording accurate dive profile information... shows you where my mind is!

Yep me too! I guess my mind is with yours! :banghead:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#9 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:24 PM

It's valid, but I did change some of the e-mail and privacy settings, e.g. I did not have "Receive updates from admins" checked. Not sure if that made a difference or not, or why we would have a choice, or what the admin would be updating us with (the latest gossip?). It could also be the ISP's are filtering it out as "junk" before anybody even sees it. That is easy to remedy by adding "@singledivers.com" to the safe list on your filters.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users