• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Help! I'm growing gills!!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:43 PM

:cool2: I seem to be sprouting gills :lmao:

I've decided I love living on the OTHER side of the mountains... you know, where the WATER is. So far I've been underwater for the past three days straight, and at least ten trips to water in the last 2 weeks.

My wetsuit is getting that signature F-U-N-K-Y smell that comes with overuse... A big Lingcod tried to woo me today after catching a whiff as I swam by. Geez! Some folks might consider that a problem, huh? I've spent so much time at one Tacoma dive site that I can now navigate using only the Miller, Budweiser, and Pepsi cans along the way ( I do plan on bringing a goodie bag along soon to clean these three landmarks up, so I'll be forced to use a compass again, but hey... for now it's really blowing my mind that I see these three landmarks on every dive without really trying. )

Some folks have been wondering where I've been lately... now you know. I start my new job tomorrow, so the diving might slow down a wee bit compared to the last few days, but I definately know how I'll be spending my weekends in the future.

I'll be moving into the new place on the 3rd. After that I should be able to connect on a more regular basis, and with my own computer for a change, so expect to see some of the awesome pictures I've been loading up my hard drive with soon.

Hope you all ( and even Y'all ) have been generating some good stories and funky smelling gear of your own. Life's too short to spend too much time offgassing.

Erin :-D

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,677 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:14 PM

Oh CT we have sooooooooooo missed you darling! And yes we've been busy diving ourselves...can't wait to see all your pictures and we are thrilled you've got a new job!!! Jobs are good when you need them! Good luck and looking forward to you being on the board again!!! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:51 PM

Well, that's FAR more boring than some of the great hypotheses we've been cooking up in your absence.

Nice to have you back, nonetheless. I guess I can take the file out of the Twinkie I was going to send you.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#4 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:54 AM

Welcome back Erin!!

Hey, as much as we both enjoy building our own stuff, GILLS probably are NOT the best DIY project.......

:-D
"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

#5 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:18 AM

Well, that's FAR more boring than some of the great hypotheses we've been cooking up in your absence.

Nice to have you back, nonetheless. I guess I can take the file out of the Twinkie I was going to send you.

:welcome: <shesh> all you were doing was diving and being courted by a lingcod?!? at least tell us the lingcod was smokin' hot or something. :2cool:

#6 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:23 PM

chi-chi....he probably attracted a few crabsand anemones too....and you KNOW if the anemones are chasing you, you got it GOIN"ON!!!!!

#7 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 27 July 2004 - 02:25 PM

:lmao:

#8 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:35 PM

FAR more boring than some of the great hypotheses we've been cooking up in your absence

Dare I even ask????

at least tell us the lingcod was smokin' hot or something.

Oh it was... I don't argue with anything over four feet long. I had to end the date early when I reached 500 psi. :dltears:

he probably attracted a few crabs

Sorry TF, I'm not even gonna touch that one! :welcome:

#9 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:35 PM

he probably attracted a few crabs

Sorry TF, I'm not even gonna touch that one! :welcome:

I don't know anyone else that would touch it either!, Not even with gloves on! :2cool:

Which end is up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users