• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Just back from the Great White North

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:24 PM

I just returned from an extended weekend dive trip to Porpoise Bay North of Vancouver, BC. I had the pleasure of seeing and diving with 6gill again and he had the pleasure of putting up with our group...;)

The view from the fjord was again spectacular and the diving and spending time with incredible dive operators was great as always! Thanks Kal, Ann, Eric, and Drew!!

Playing catch up until the next dive trip!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

I just returned from an extended weekend dive trip to Porpoise Bay North of Vancouver, BC. I had the pleasure of seeing and diving with 6gill again and he had the pleasure of putting up with our group... :wakawaka:

The view from the fjord was again spectacular and the diving and spending time with incredible dive operators was great as always! Thanks Kal, Ann, Eric, and Drew!!

Playing catch up until the next dive trip!

Beauty!!
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#3 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:57 AM

Good to hear, but no pics??? :wakawaka:
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#4 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:45 AM

Dive_Girl
Thanks for letting us know about your diving adventure.

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#5 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:56 AM

DG -
ahem, there are still spots left on the Flower Gardens trip - coral, big fish, little fish, blue fish, green fish...

and beer on the boat.

No Dry Suit required

and beer on the boat.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#6 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:23 AM

How's Kals New place coming...
Last Nov he was clearing the grounds...

Would like to see the new 'Housing", fergit what they are called.. the round thingies (Yurts?) that you sleep in..

How was the critter life now, and the vis????
Inquiring minds wanna know eh???
good beer eh???

Attached Thumbnails

• 0711sct_b088s.jpg

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#7 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:33 AM

Glad to hear you had a great trip.
How is Kal and Anns new place are they moved yet?
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#8 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:46 AM

We were still at the place in town, so no new digs just yet. Viz was muddy top 40', but who was diving in the top 40'? :welcome: Below 40' beautiful. Spotted a decorated warbonnet and cute little octopus on our first dive, so critter spotting was great the whole weekend. One of the guys I was with had a camera and will forward me photos. It was anew camera to him, so the pictures got better as the trip progressed. I can post some and a dive report as soon as we have both played catch up.

We did do a couple drift dives on the second day and there were certainly some pretty hilarious/hairball moments.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#9 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:29 PM

I have been remiss in posting at least some photos from our trip. Here are a few:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Above are a decorator crab, a crescent gunnel, my dive buddy Dan in front of a porthole on the HMCS Chaudiere at about 90', and a beautiful giant plumose anemone in another porthole on the HMCS Chaudiere.

I found an 11 minute video of another set of divers on the HMCS Chaudiere on you tube here. (Oddly and no joke, I was listening to online radio and muted it to hear the background of this video. The song I had just muted is the background music for this video!! WILD!!) This video does show you how the wreck on its side can skew your perception a bit. Also although 6gill has joined me on every Porpoise Bay outing as he often staffs for the dive op Porpoise Bay Charters, I do not see him in the video. You wouldn't be able to miss his impeccable form. Much to the chagrin of my dive shop guys, 6gill is in my opinion the finest diver I have ever dove with.

#10 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

WOW!! You're gonna make me get that dry suit yet (and learn how to use it) so I can see what you're seeing in that cold PNW/Canada water! Really like the crescent gunnel and giant plumose anemone. :teeth: Thanks for sharing!

#11 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

So this was the trip from last April?? not a current one eh???
Just wondering how the new Yurts and site is working... and more importantly, the "NEW" dive sites and the diving out front off the dock...

I'm going up there for Thanksgiving (10th year in a row?) and was curious how the new dive sites are...

Just "Wandering Minds" that wanna know.
Fpoole

Here's pic of Eric... Above and Below water...

Just hanging out... at first, I thought there was problem, but then noted the bubbles...
If you're still breathing???
It ain't a problem... it's an 'Issue' to be dealt with...

Attached Thumbnails

• document_name__s01s.jpg
  • document_name__s02s.jpg

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#12 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:42 PM

yep, that's 6gill looking incredible in the water! :teeth: No, I haven't been up to see the new yurts yet! Hope to in January/February. :welcome:

#13 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

I have been remiss in posting at least some photos from our trip....
...You wouldn't be able to miss his impeccable form. Much to the chagrin of my dive shop guys, 6gill is in my opinion the finest diver I have ever dove with.

Let's see, only 5 months from click to post; I know that film and prints process slower in the cold, but digitals too? :fish2:

You're really accumulating the accolades for ol' 6gill... I'm just sayin'... :teeth:

P.S. I am NOT a zombie; put down that infernal thwacker!! :welcome:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#14 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:10 AM

Thanks for posting those pics, very cool indeed!!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#15 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:24 PM

Nicolle...did you bring back a porthole?

And where are the pictures of you the water? huh... and who was using the hand held light? tsk, tsk, tsk...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users