• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY - Truk & Palau 21APR - 09MAY or Palau Only 30APR - 09MAY or Truk Only 20APR -02MAY

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll on Truk Lagoon & Palau trip options (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option below appeals to you most?

1. Truk Lagoon alone (2 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

2. Truk Lagoon w/3 day add-on (6 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Truk Lagoon w/5 day add-on (5 votes [10.42%])

Percentage of vote: 10.42%

4. Truk Lagoon w/7 day add-on (21 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

5. 3 Day add-on, but not Truk Lagoon (1 votes [2.08%])

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

6. 5 Day add-on, but not Truk Lagoon (3 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

7. 7 Day add-on but not Truk Lagoon (10 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

Which Add-On option appeals to you most?

1. Palau (39 votes [81.25%])

Percentage of vote: 81.25%

2. Yap (5 votes [10.42%])

Percentage of vote: 10.42%

3. Guam (4 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Would you like the add-on option to be Liveaboard, or Land Based?

1. Liveaboard (21 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. Land Based (27 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:17 AM

THIS TRIP IS OPEN FOR BOOKING HERE!!! Please do not try to sign up in this thread...it is the discussion only thread and sign ups will not be honored. :tears:

If the link does not work for you,
you will need to upgrade to our premier member level or above as our premier members have FIRST DIBS on all our trips for 7 days or until Dec 3rd, 2010 Midnight CST. Its only $35 a year to join and you'll get $25 back after the trip and every trip if you file for it. (Pls click on SUBSCRIPTIONS tab next to Gallery tab along the top of the forums. Then follow the prompts to sign up for our premier level of membership. If you use paypal to pay you will be AUTOMATICALLY updated in the system. If you choose POST/POSTAL - DO NOT MAIL A CHECK AS IT WILL NOT ARRIVE IN TIME...but RATHER USE THE PAYMENT LINK IN MY SIGNATURE OR ALONG THE TOP OF THE FORUMS and put in the notes you are paying for a premier membership. YOU MUST CREATE A SUBSCRIPTION FIRST and then pay.) :thankyou:

You will also qualify for VARIOUS early bird discounts up to $100 on d/o or s/o per trip and up to $250 if you do both Truk and Palau. (See below in PURPLE for the discounts!!!)
But these discounts only last until Dec 3, 2010...so yes membership has benefits AND SAVES YOU MONEY!!! :teeth:

And don't forget our special Black Friday Booking special of your $25 SD gift cert for any non-travel gear or merchandise or services if you book EITHER Truk or Palau and $50 if you book BOTH trips. The certificate is good until Jan 31st, 2011 and can be used to buy cds, lionfish tamers, dive gear, sd logo merchandise etc. HAPPY EARLY SHOPPING FROM SINGLEDIVERS.COM!!! :wakawaka:

2011 Truk & Palau Trip FINAL PRICING & TRAVEL PLANS: :

The Palau only folks will depart the US on Saturday and get their 8 nights/6 diving days and we can keep everyone on the same group contract because everyone will be on the same return (Truk people will have 7 nights/5dd in Palau).

Except for me (Kamala), everyone going to Truk will be flying from Truk to Guam on Monday early morning, then day room in Guam and then over to Palau Monday night.

I will fly from Truk to Palau on Saturday. I will leave the boat via tender so that no dives or quality of dives are compromised. I'll have one night by myself in Palau and will meet the Palau only folks coming in on Sunday night. This will allow the Palau only people to depart LAX on Saturday morning and take advantage of weekend travel as well as enable them to be met when they arrive.

To create your dream trip, choose and combine from the Options below:

OPTION#1: Truk Odyssey Liveaboard ONLY. 24Apr - 01May (Choose this option if you are NOT flying from the US or are one of the limited number of people not doing the group airfare. (Please approve with kamala@singledivers.com first since "Truk Only" spots are limited.)

Posted Image

Number of spaces available: 16 = full group booking available (see 2nd post for who's going and summary of spots still available)

Package Price for Truk Liveaboard: $3095 d/o $4645 s/o
Price includes FREE nitrox (up to EANx30), 6 days of diving up to 5 dives a day, all meals except for the last night, all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, snacks, transfers, etc.
Not included: Flight (see Options 2-5), $20 Truk departure tax, $30 dive permit, 5% Chuuk VAT/sales tax, Dinner on last night, dive rental equipment and travel insurance.

Posted Image

OPTION #2: Roundtrip Airfare from LAX-to-Truk + In-Transit Hotel(s), extra days in Truk to recover from jet lag, etc. Wed, Apr 20-Mon, May 2

Option 2 Price:
A) AIR: $1,795* per person for airfare LAX to Truk & return ($1873* for Den vs. Lax)
B) LAND: 4 nites hotel (1 night Guam, 2 nites Truk prior to trip, 1 nite Truk after trip) all taxes and transfers,
D/O $307
S/O $598

Note: YOU MUST ALSO ADD OPTION 2B + OPTION 2A + OPTION 1 TO THIS PKG FOR FULL PRICING (7 nights Truk Odyssey, Apr 24-May 01)
* Option 2A is not part of the group fare so may vary in price and is not guaranteed until ticketed.

Option 2 includes:

Round Trip Airfare (subject to change), LAX-Truk via Guam
1 night in Guam at Royal Orchid Guam (or similar), 2 nites at the Blue Lagoon Resort, Truk (or similar). Standard room, includes all taxes and transfers. (Some transfers provided by Truk Odyssey).

Schedule:
Flight (Apr 20-24): LAX-Honolulu-Guam-Truk
20APR LAX/HNL 0950A 1235P
20APR HNL/GUM 0215P 0600P
21APR 1 nite Royal Orchid Guam Std Room (or similar)
22APR GUM/TKK 930A 1110A
22-24APR 2 nites Blue Lagoon Std Room (or similar)
24APR-01MAY 7 nites aboard Truk Odyssey
01-02MAY 1 nite Blue Lagoon Std Room (or similar)

Flight Truk-Guam-Honolulu-LAX:
02MAY TKK/GUM 0425A 0600A
02MAY GUM/HNL 0630A 0555P (land on 01MAY)
01MAY HNL/LAX 0835P 0510A (land on 02MAY)

OPTION #3: Roundtrip Airfare from LAX-to-Truk via MAJ/KWA/KSA/PNI/ with layovers in Hawaii, Truk, & day room Guam then onto Palau WITH Palau Diving/Lodging 7nite 5day Pkg. 21Apr to 09May (Add Option #1 for full price. NEED 12 PEOPLE DOING EITHER TRUC/PALAU COMBO OR PALAU ONLY FOR CONTRACT AIR TO APPLY AS STATED BELOW.)

Option #3 Truk & Palau Combo Package Price Including Air & Land Pkg:
$3,035 pp/do in mountainview room Sea Passion
$3,093 pp/do in deluxe oceanview room Sea Passion
$3,771 pp/so in oceanview room Sea Passion
Non-diver Palau portion only: subtract $660 pp.

Note: YOU MUST ADD OPTION 3 + OPTION 1 FOR FULL PRICING (7 nights Truk Odyssey, + 7 nites SeaPassion & 5 days diving FishNFins Palau & Transfers & Transit Pkg)(Note: This option as requested has a full day and most of a night in Truk after the trip and a full day in Guam before reaching Palau. No diving will be missed using this option.)

Option 3 Truk & Palau Combo includes:
Round Trip Airfare, LAX-Truk-Palau
7 nights Sea Passion Hotel, Palau
Breakfast daily
5 days of 2-tank boat diving including lunch with FishNFins
Free Jellyfish Lake snorkel*
Free Chandelier Cave dive*
2 free afternoon third dives*
Free Traditional Palau BBQ/Cookout
Free Nitrox*
Free logo T-shirt
Tanks, weights, and belts included
Transfers and tax included
Transit Hotel rooms do in Hawaii, Truk, & Guam (price includes d/o add $291 for s/o in Transit Rooms)

*Pkg being upgraded to FishNFins from Sam's Tours.

Not included: Departure taxes (Truk $20, Palau $20), Palau/Peleliu dive permits ($60), Palau Green fee ($15), reef hook ($5 Blue Corner dive) and fuel surcharge to Peleliu (budget $20 pp), meals other than those listed, dive rental equipment, gratuities and travel insurance and OPTION #1.

Schedule Option #3:
Flight (Apr 21-23): LAX-Honolulu-Guam-Truk
21APR LAX/HNL 425P 710P
1 night in Honolulu at the Best Western, standard room
Tax and free shuttle included
22APR HNL/MAJ/KWA/KSA/PNI/TKK 655A 311P (land on 23APR)
23-24May 1 night at the Blue Lagoon Resort, standard room (or similar)
24-01May 7 nights aboard the Truk Odyssey (Does not include price of Option#1)
01May 1 night at the Blue Lagoon Resort, standard room (or similar)
Tax and transfers included
02MAY TKK/GUM 425A 600A
02May 1 day room at the Royal Orchid Guam, standard room
Tax and transfers included
02MAY GUM/ROR 650P 750P
7 nights Sea Passion Hotel
Breakfast daily
5 days of 2-tank boat diving including lunch with Fish N Fins
Free Nitrox*
Free logo T-shirt
Transit Hotel rooms do in Hawaii, Truk, & Guam (price includes d/o add $291 for s/o in Transit Rooms)
09MAY ROR/GUM 235A 530A
09MAY GUM/HNL 630A 555P (land on 08MAY)
08MAY HNL/LAX 835P 510A (land on 09MAY)

OPTION #4 - Roundtrip Airfare from LAX-to-Palau AND Palau 8/6 Lodging/Diving Pkg. Apr 30-Sun, May 9 - NEED 12 PEOPLE DOING EITHER TRUC/PALAU COMBO OR PALAU ONLY FOR CONTRACT AIR TO APPLY AS STATED BELOW. (8 nights)

Option #4 Package Price:
$2,828 pp/do in mountainview room Sea Passion
$2,888 pp/do in oceanview room Sea Passion
$3,404 single in oceanview room Sea Passion
Non-diver Palau portion only: subtract $700

Option 4 includes:
Round Trip Airfare, LAX-Palau
8 nights Sea Passion Hotel, Palau
Breakfast daily
6 days of 2-tank boat diving including lunch with Fish N Fins Tours
Free unlimited tanks for shorediving*
Free Nitrox*
Free logo T-shirt
Transfers and tax include

Not included: Departure taxes (Palau $20), Palau/Peleliu dive permits $60, Palau Green fee $15, reef hook ($5 Blue Corner dive) and fuel surcharge to Peleliu (budget $20 pp), meals other than those listed, dive rental equipment, gratuities and travel insurance.

Option #4 Schedule:
Flight: LAX-Honolulu-Guam-Palau (Apr 30- May01)
30APR LAX/HNL 0950A 1235P
30APR HNL/GUM 0215P 0600P
01MAY GUM/ROR 0650P 0750P
8 Nites Sea Passion Hotel, Palau
Breakfast Daily
6 days of 2 tank boat diving including Lunch with Fish N Fins
09MAY ROR/GUM 0235A 0530A
09MAY GUM/HNL 0630A 0555P (land on 08MAY)
08MAY HNL/LAX 0835P 0510A (land on 09MAY)

OPTION #5 - Roundtrip Airfare from LAX-to-Palau AND Palau 10/8 Lodging/Diving Pkg. Apr 30-May 10/11 (10 nights - NOT yet part of the contract air pricing so fares potentially subject to change until ticketed.)

OPTION #5 10/8 Package Price:
$3230 pp/do in mountainview rooms
$3319 pp/do in oceanview rooms
$3915 single in oceanview
Non-diver Palau portion only: Subtract $880.

Option 5 includes:
Round Trip Airfare, LAX-Palau
10 nights Sea Passion Hotel, Palau
Breakfast daily
8 days of 2-tank boat diving including lunch with Fish N Fins
Free Nitrox*
Free logo T-shirt
Tanks, weights and belt included

Not included: Palau departure tax ($20), Palau/Peleliu dive permits ($60), Palau Green fee ($15), reef hook ($5 Blue Corner dive) and fuel surcharge to Peleliu (budget $20 pp), meals other than those listed, dive rental equipment, gratuities and travel insurance.

Schedule:
Flight: LAX-Honolulu-Guam-Yap-Palau (check?)
29APR LAX HNL 0950A 1235P
29APR HNL GUM 0215P 0600P (land on 30APR)
30APR GUM ROR 0650P 0750P
Apr 30-May 10: Sea Passion Hotel, Palau
Flight (May 10 departure, with U.S. arrival on May 9 or 10): Palau-Guam-Honolulu-LAX
10MAY ROR/GUM 0235A 0530A
10MAY GUM/HNL 0630A 0555P (land on MAY 9)
09MAY HNL/LAX 0835P 0510A (land on MAY 10)

OPTION #6 - Palau 8/6 pkg ONLY. Dates: 01-09MAY (This option for international clients who do not need US air or for a limited number of approved US clients requested via kamala@singledivers.com)

Option #6 Package Price:
$1448 pp/do in mountainview rooms
$1528 pp/do in oceanview rooms
$2064 single in oceanview
Non-diver Palau portion only: Subtract $660

Option #6 includes:
8 nights Sea Passion Hotel, Palau
Breakfast daily
6 days of 2-tank boat diving including lunch with Fish N Fins
Free Nitrox*
Free logo T-shirt
Tanks, weights and belt included

Not included: Palau departure tax ($20), Palau/Peleliu dive permits ($60), Palau Green fee ($15), reef hook ($5 Blue Corner dive) and fuel surcharge to Peleliu (budget $20 pp), meals other than those listed, dive rental equipment, gratuities and travel insurance.

Option #6 Schedule:

Apr 30-May 10: Sea Passion Hotel, Palau
8 Nites Sea Passion Hotel, Palau
Breakfast Daily
6 days of 2 tank boat diving including Lunch with Fish N Fins

OK! To get your final price, just add together which options you want from the above six options to create your desired travel package.
1. The "Truk Only" and "Palau Only" are for our non-US and non-Canadian clients. ANY others must be approved as we have a limited number of spots we can sell otherwise we won't get enough clients for our air contract.

2. We need at least 12 clients doing EITHER Truk/Palau 10/8 Combo or the 10/8 Palau with Air Option. If we do not get at least 12 we are subject to the price of scheduled air at the time of final ticketing.

3. The contract air flights are either natural or make the most sense however if you want to tweak your departure from the US say from Denver or Houston or other CO Hubs...let us know and we'll book them so they still qualify for the contact air.

4. All contract air is locked in and will not vary. It is currently the price of scheduled air but you don't have to pay for it immediately and it will STILL be locked in for you as long as we get 12 people doing the contract which I see no problem doing. Basically as we get closer to the trip our pricing gets better and better!

5. In order for me to facilitate both trips I will leave Truk a day early and miss the last day of diving so I can arrive in Palau to greet the Palau only people. Sandy aka Scubapunk will travel with the Truk/Palau combo passengers via Gaum and arrive a day or so later to join the Palau only people.

6. We will have the final diving amenities locked in shortly but we upgraded at DEMA and will have some great specials in store PLUS Tova the owner who is very excited to see us and has waited several years for me to bring her our group!

7. To book these trips you will need $1000 deposit for either Truk or Palau with or without air or $2000 if doing the Truk/Palau combo.

8. DISCOUNTS:
a. If space is available and you wish to book 2 back to back Odyssea itineraries including ours you'll get a 20% discount off the price of both.
b. If you book during the early booking window you only need a $1500 deposit.
c. If you book during the early booking window for any Truk option you will qualify for a chance to win a FREE Private Room Upgrade!
d. If you book during the early booking window and pay in full the Early Bird Discounts are as follows:
$100 off Truk with Air Contract
$50 off Truk without Air Contract
$100 off Palau with Air Contract
$50 off Palau without Air Contract
$250 off Combo Truk & Palau 8/6 pkg with Air Contract
$125 off Combo Truk & Palau 8/6 pkg without Air
e. You can file for your Premier Member Rebate after this trip of $25 per trip.
f. [b]BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL:
Book at least a deposit on the trip and get a$25 SD Gift Certificate for use in our online store on any merchandise or non-travel services for booking one trip and get $50 if book BOTH trips. Certificates are good until Jan 31st so hurry and book your trip before Dec3rd Midnight.

[color="#ff0000"][size="4"][b]VERY INTERESTED and please let me know when open for booking:

1. Kamala aka WW of course...(I'm going!) :birthday:
2. George aka georoc01 - Option #1, Adding Blue Lagoon April 22-24 & May 1-2
3. Jerry aka Jerrymxz
4. Jim aka UP Diver
5. Gary aka Harleyguy1963
6. Tyrel aka Tyrel
7. Dave aka Super_Dave
8. Sandy aka Scubapunk - Option # 1 and Option 5 April 24-29 & April 30-May 10
9. Mike aka Going Postal
10. John aka PlatypusMan
11. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut
12. Beth aka Bubbles
13. Tammie aka SeaSeeker
14. Bill aka ScubaTex
15. Fred aka ev780
16. Ross aka running diver
17. Stacy aka ScubaStacy
18. Andrew aka HANGTIME52
19. Mike aka Kuraman
20. Nesher
21. Charles aka Houston Squid
22. Kim aka finGrabber
23. Wendy aka SeaLioness
24. Rick aka maverick1946
25. Rodney aka Diver_Runner_artcollector
26. Jim aka Parrotman
27. Scott aka Cmdr. Clownfish
28. Cameron aka GeorgiaCanuck
29. Jeff aka sparky103
30. Butch aka Cajun Diver - Option #1 and #3
31. Victoria aka Victoria
32. John aka BJ Math Pro
33. Teresa aka Mermaid Lady
34. Lynn aka Lynnchan
35. Shenna aka Weescot
36. Craig aka Texas Diver
37. Bridget aka SeaSeeKer
38. Carole aka dolphinswimmer
39. Kelly aka KellyDiver

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:12 AM

oh ya count me in 2010 anytime , heck I'll sell my kid for this one hehe "he wouldn't like that because he will want to go as well "

Edited by bowjunkie, 10 April 2008 - 09:38 AM.

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#3 running_diver

running_diver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:25 AM

Count me in. I guess I get to spend 2009 learning deco diving.

Ross

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

Count me in. I guess I get to spend 2009 learning deco diving.

Ross

No not necessarily but they do allow it for those that are properly trained. And speaking of that...we WILL be offering Intro to Tech classes on some of our trips and we'll offer the first tech certs as well...for those that are interested!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

oh ya count me in 2010 anytime , heck I'll sell my kid for this one hehe "he wouldn't like that because he will want to go as well "

Sounds like you have a great goal and some good time to get there!

formerly...

#6 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:43 AM

I would be up to going to truk as its a place on the list, but its looking like 2010 is getting full with items with the boyscouts and some dive training. So what time duration are we looking at for this trip and at what price point? Then also are there any other options for air to get there then Contenintal?

Hey DivinDave where you be....Callin DivinDave howabout a heads up on Truk since you shot video for discovery out there with B Kegan and Dan Crowell

gotta run got a call

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#7 SeaSeeker

SeaSeeker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:42+

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

This looks really amazing! I am interested for 2010. For me it needs to be in the spring in the Feb 15 to to May 30 timeframe, or in the fall from October 15 to Nov 30 timeframe. From what I read on the net it seems like the dry season there is Dec to April. So perhaps spring - preferably March for me, of 2010 would be an ideal time.
:teeth: I will absolutely be looking forward to the possibility of this trip!
Carpe Diem!

#8 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

I guess summer is a hard time for people to get vacation but June for me would be great because my kids could go to their dad's for the summer and I could go for a month or more! Maybe stop in Hawaii on my way out to Truk! ~ Damselfish
Ain't love a BEACH?

#9 NJBerserker

NJBerserker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/ Nitrox/ DAN DEMP/ TDI Dive Medic
  • Logged Dives:~75

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:19 PM

I will live on mac and cheese for a couple of years if it will get me on this trip. So many wrecks, so much history. Mmmmmm. . . . wrecks. . . . *drool*
Proud Member of the Cooper River "A-Team"

#10 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

Very interested. Any idea of cost?

#11 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

I guess summer is a hard time for people to get vacation but June for me would be great because my kids could go to their dad's for the summer and I could go for a month or more! Maybe stop in Hawaii on my way out to Truk! ~ Damselfish

I'd like to be on the interested list for this one, but planning that far in advance is tough for me. I did this in 2002 and would LOVE to go back. It was a fabulous trip.

Damselfish.... consider the stop in Hawaii on the way back instead of the way out. Adjusting to the time zones is much easier that way IMHO. I stopped on the way home for 4 days to visit my Nephew who was stationed in Honolulu at the time. I was very thankful not to have to get back on another plane in Honolulu. On the way out, it didn't seem to matter... maybe I was just excited. :wakawaka:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#12 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:16 AM

Whats Odyssey's ability to support rebreathers?
"I aim to misbehave...."

#13 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:31 AM

Very interested. Any idea of cost?

Yeah..that's always a factor as well. The website shows $2800 pp double occupancy for 2009 with a price increase of $100 a year over the last three years, probably around $3k for the boat. Flights right now on Continental are running about $2500 RT from Houston. Hopefully WW will give a clarification, but I'd say we are into roughly $6k to start by the time you include other expenses like fuel surcharges, any overnights etc.

I tried to find an LDS trip for comparison and the closest I could find was February of 2009, but its not a liveaboard. They are staying at Blue Lagoon Resort

http://www.bluelagoondiveresort.com/

And their trip is running $4400 PP including air from LAX.

#14 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

I'm with Belinda - have to go for at least a month! We can meet the group there! :cool: This is part of my 'dream' dive trip and maybe a way to make it come true sooner... I'm interested!

Stacy
I just want to be underwater!

#15 running_diver

running_diver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:05 AM

I'm with Belinda - have to go for at least a month! We can meet the group there! :cool: This is part of my 'dream' dive trip and maybe a way to make it come true sooner... I'm interested!

Stacy

Given the price of the tickets, it's probably worth looking into around the world tickets to get all the stops you want.

Ross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users