• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Flower Gardens Aug 14-17th (13th & 18th Travel Dates)

• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

#436 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

Frank

I found the card while digging through my office, then i have a print out of my certs from the padi pro site, so im covered two ways.

Thank you for the update on the critters, as i will be bring my camera rig with me for the trip and plan to take a load of pictures, and all the fingers and toes are crossed for this one to be a go as im 0 for 7 on FG trips, but very optimistic on this trip.

Speaking of camera gear after this trip i will putting up for sale my two UW camera rigs( one is a C5050 and the other is a SP350 rig)everything but the strobes and cords and some other dive gear)) i have as this fall im moving to a housed DSLR and will not need multiple rigs, so if your looking at getting a UW camera you can get a good look on the boat if your on the trip.

WW do you want me to mention the other item we talked about earlier?

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#437 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

well i was able to get into the padi site and look up all my certs with dates. Will this work for mel and frank or do they want the card? Or can i just pull out my phone and give OTWdiver a call since he is my tec instructor and the one who signed off on my Adv Nitrox card?

As long as you have a PADI card, I can look you up, that's good enough for me. You will want to get a replacement card, though, for your next trip.

As far as Dave goes, Sorry Dave. We saw Manta Rays, 23 (count 'EM 23) SCHOOLING HAMMERHEADS on our trip last weekend. Did I say we had 23 schooling hammerheads? as well as a ruffed tail ray, tiger shark (that charged 2 divers, not too cool), sandbar shark, silkies, duskies, southern rays, grouper galore, etc. etc. Did I forget to mention 23 schooling hammerheads? And to think, I told the Fling captain where they were. Turnabout's fair trade, he told me the previous week.

Frank

:wakawaka: Frank That sounds AWESOME ---Just wondering , --- Did anyone else see them...... like the Goliath Groupers in the DT's ? :D

Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#438 Spree Expeditions

Spree Expeditions

Getting started

• SD Partners
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

:wakawaka: Frank That sounds AWESOME ---Just wondering , --- Did anyone else see them...... like the Goliath Groupers in the DT's ? :D

Jeff

Oh Oh Oh, a smartass. I thought that WW was the only person to bump a GG and never see it. I didn't see the hammers, I was busy poling the boat off the rig. Steve (the cook) has video proof!!!
Proud Sponsors of SingleDivers.com! Come Dive with us! Don't forget to Book Online here!

#439 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

Frank

Steve (the cook) has video proof!!!

What does he have video proof of ?? you poling the boat off the rig ? :wakawaka:
That's not going to make you a Movie Star :D

Hey all Divers,
Its not a bad Idea to transfer your rolling luggage bags over to mesh diving bags once you arrive at the boat/dock/parking area, you can save alot of room under your bench seat that way and remember there is no convenience stores 100 miles of the coast of Texas so bring what you need/want/require as far as food and beverages that the boat doesn't offer. But if your not on a special diet the boat offers Great Food and plenty of it!

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#440 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

Ok Im starting to pack but trying to be a minimalist for this trip as i have a few extras to bring but cant disclose just yet.

For those of us that havent been on a FG trip before and deciding what to pack, what is the reccomended packing list (besides the blatant obvious for dive and personal hygiene) I know per the gulf diving site that the DC is very casual ie trunks and a T-shirt, but what about shoes and such. Then this time of year are sweats really gonna be something to pack?

Then also how much air circulation is there in the bunks? and are there outlets for a fan?

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#441 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:42 AM

Ok Im starting to pack but trying to be a minimalist for this trip as i have a few extras to bring but cant disclose just yet.

For those of us that havent been on a FG trip before and deciding what to pack, what is the reccomended packing list (besides the blatant obvious for dive and personal hygiene) I know per the gulf diving site that the DC is very casual ie trunks and a T-shirt, but what about shoes and such. Then this time of year are sweats really gonna be something to pack?

Then also how much air circulation is there in the bunks? and are there outlets for a fan?

Sweats are not a bad idea. Melanie and Frank keep the boat very cool inside, and in the sleeping area. You will only be warm while outside. You are not permitted to wear any dive apparel inside, including booties. You might want to bring a pair of sandals or something to wear around the boat, or you could go with naked feet. :D

Also...it's time to start taking your sea-sickness meds now. Don't wait until you get on the boat!!

Edited by ScubaPunk, 12 August 2008 - 07:04 AM.

#442 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:12 AM

Sweats are probably a good idea. The cabin is kept pretty cool day and night. Also, don't forget your towel! The Spree provides bed linens but not towels :D

#443 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:01 AM

I've already got my fleece ready to go. It is always freezing inside the cabins.

:D

#444 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:07 AM

You all have a great time out there!!

I wish I could join you, but no way to manipulate work around it. :D
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#445 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

ah good so it will be cold and dark, even better. The fleece is in the bag.

Then is there a camera rinse bucket on the boat or should i bring my mini cooler to store my rig when not in use?

Ok so i have been given permission from the Wench to announce it. There will be some additional going ons on this trip(when not diving, well i might try and do some underwater sets ups as well) as there will be a photo shoot on this trip working on the next generation SD logo as well as some other ideas that are floating in my mind and the wenches. This isnt going to be some little production either this will be a full out deal(studio lights, etc) as my portable studio is packed, and will be coming with me so, so I can shoot anything including at sunset without the dark black silhouette.

So if any of you ladies, or gents are interested in being apart of the project send me a note.

Tooth

#446 hambergler

hambergler

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:475

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

Here is the Marine forecast for the area, up to 60NM out:

http://www.wundergro...MAR/GM/355.html
I'm growing older but not up,
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck.
Let those winds of time blow over my head,
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

#447 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

hambergler

Thanks for the link Buddy!

Thursday
Southwest winds around 5 knots becoming southeast in the afternoon. Seas 2 feet or less.

If Diverdeb was going with us, she would say something like this.." That Sounds Scubalicious"

ScubaSis
Thanks for the Bon Voyage :birthday:
(note to self)
Batteries...New ones in your equipment and new ones in a package...

See all you :cool1: at the Departure Party :D

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#448 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

Are we ready to have fun yet????????????????? :D :birthday: :) :cool1: :(
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#449 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:38 PM

Then is there a camera rinse bucket on the boat or should i bring my mini cooler to store my rig when not in use?

Ok so i have been given permission from the Wench to announce it. There will be some additional going ons on this trip(when not diving, well i might try and do some underwater sets ups as well) as there will be a photo shoot on this trip working on the next generation SD logo as well as some other ideas that are floating in my mind and the wenches. This isnt going to be some little production either this will be a full out deal(studio lights, etc) as my portable studio is packed, and will be coming with me so, so I can shoot anything including at sunset without the dark black silhouette.

So if any of you ladies, or gents are interested in being apart of the project send me a note.

Tooth

Yes there is a camera rinse bucket and a camera table.

#450 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

Tooth

Yes there is a camera rinse bucket and a camera table.

You can find the camera rinse bucket by looking for my mask or rash guard shirt.... I do it just to get Melanie's bikini bottoms in a twist while I'm not whistling

No, You can not use me as a stand-in for Moby Dick
No, You can not use me as a stand-in for a Potato Cod in a wet suit
No, You can not use me to block the sun
No, You can not put fins on my back and hands and use me as a long-shot of a whale shark
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users