• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive the Oriskany

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 CJdives

CJdives

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

Greetings to one and all...

After seeing the interest many of us have in diving the aircraft carrier Oriskany, up in Pensacola's way, I've started this separate thred to see how many of us would indeed commit to the dive.

Please keep in mind that although the long weekend of July 4th may seem ideal to some, bear in mind that many others, within our little community of divers, use them for getaways with the family...yes folks...although it may sound unbelievable, they go on getaways that pertain to something else other than diving. :birthday:

So here it is folks, put down your two cents worth, and let everyone know your thoughts, the faster we can get an idea of how many people will want to dive the Oriskany, the faster we can appeal for DiverDeb's expertise and her assistance in setting up a date for diving the Mighty O.

Anyhow, for me any weekend in July will be great.

Carlos
If at first you don't succeed...you keep on sucking until you do suck seed. By: Curly of the Three Stooges

#2 techintime

techintime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Cert Level:Master diver, TDI Deco diver and adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:06 PM

Greetings to one and all...

After seeing the interest many of us have in diving the aircraft carrier Oriskany, up in Pensacola's way, I've started this separate thred to see how many of us would indeed commit to the dive.

Please keep in mind that although the long weekend of July 4th may seem ideal to some, bear in mind that many others, within our little community of divers, use them for getaways with the family...yes folks...although it may sound unbelievable, they go on getaways that pertain to something else other than diving. :wakawaka:

So here it is folks, put down your two cents worth, and let everyone know your thoughts, the faster we can get an idea of how many people will want to dive the Oriskany, the faster we can appeal for DiverDeb's expertise and her assistance in setting up a date for diving the Mighty O.

Anyhow, for me any weekend in July will be great.

Carlos

I'm planning to go to Pensacola to dive on 4-6 July. Consider me in.
Mark
Techintime

#3 CJdives

CJdives

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:04 AM

Ok folks...

Here's the beginning of a list of those interested, the date to be established at a later time, most likely a weekend in July 08.

1. Carlos "cjdives"
2. Mark "techintime"
3. "georoc01"
4. "bubbles"

Edited by CJdives, 30 May 2008 - 03:56 PM.

If at first you don't succeed...you keep on sucking until you do suck seed. By: Curly of the Three Stooges

#4 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

Ok folks...

Here's the beginning of a list.

1. Carlos "cjdives" July 5
2. Mark "techintime" July 5

I know I would love to do it, but I have committed to the NC Wrecks trip that weekend. IF the dates work into a 3 day weekend for me, I would love to fly down and do it sometime!

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:32 PM

If we have enough interest SD will be happy to set this up for you all! So far we have 2 people which is not enough to set up a contract with the boat unless they have an open booking meaning they will let whomever goes as long as there is space available.

I'll touch base with our FL HH and Dive of the Month planners and see what they have in mind!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#6 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:33 PM

I know there are some other people that could not do it the 4th, so let's hear from those people too. We can always do it 2 different weekends. MAYBE techintime and cjdives can make it BOTH!!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

TechinTime needs to do NC! Its our last trip and I'm almost positive that DiverDeb will be on it too! :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#8 CJdives

CJdives

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:29 PM

I don't know about doing it both weekends, with the price of gas...hmmm??? :cheerleader:

Anyhow, as I mentioned originally, I for one am open for any weekend in July, the following weekend is just as good for me, maybe those with more experience with this site than me, can take over and lead us by the hand. (hint, hint)

Carlos

#9 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

Count me in, but I cannot do July 4th. What about mid to late July?
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#10 CJdives

CJdives

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

Count me in, but I cannot do July 4th. What about mid to late July?

You betcha...I'll add your name to the list and it's beginning to look more like a dive in mid July, how does Sat. the 12th begin to sound to you guys?????

Post your comments.

#11 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

I believe in another thread labor day weekend was mentioned. I know the first weekend or two in July I can't. Plus, There may be some people going to the Tortuga trip that might want to go to! Or it may have been a date in August but Netmage and pmarie & stephanie were in that discussion too!

Edited by a_fl_mermaid, 30 May 2008 - 06:16 PM.

#12 DazedFred

DazedFred

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

I am planning on making a trip that way in June, but i can see what i can work with for beginning of July. Cant commit to anything yet but i am interested

#13 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

Next year. - Already going to NC July 4th, and Flower Gardens in August.

btw, I'll give tours of the Naval Air museum while we're there - show you some of the antiques I used to use to go from dining facility to dining facility.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#14 barnaclebutt

barnaclebutt

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Divecon
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

Woo Hoo!! My first post.
I dove the Mighty "O" with DiverDeb back in April. We chartered the 50' Wet dream and would love to tour the wreck again. Count me in!! I can also get a couple other divers from ATL to join us because the Scuba Shack still owes us a 1/2 price trip to the "O". Can't wait... keep me informed. :respect:
Good things may come to those who wait, but only things that are left over from those who hustle!! Good ole Abe

Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed. George Burns

#15 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:05 PM

Woo Hoo!! My first post.
I dove the Mighty "O" with DiverDeb back in April. We chartered the 50' Wet dream and would love to tour the wreck again. Count me in!! I can also get a couple other divers from ATL to join us because the Scuba Shack still owes us a 1/2 price trip to the "O". Can't wait... keep me informed. :respect:

OK, I don't recognize you from your screen name. (LOL), so who is this?????
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users