• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive the Oriskany

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 barnaclebutt

barnaclebutt

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Divecon
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:40 PM

Woo Hoo!! My first post.
I dove the Mighty "O" with DiverDeb back in April. We chartered the 50' Wet dream and would love to tour the wreck again. Count me in!! I can also get a couple other divers from ATL to join us because the Scuba Shack still owes us a 1/2 price trip to the "O". Can't wait... keep me informed. :cool2:

OK, I don't recognize you from your screen name. (LOL), so who is this?????

Sorry, This is Ryan from the Dive Shop in Marietta. Kevin, Marshal and I were on board when a certain someone decided to ignore mandatory safety stops and received a free plane ride for her efforts (or lack of). She's back to diving but her confidence is a little shakey.
I'm sure we can talk kevin to join us on this trip. BTW, August would be better for me, but i can rearrange my schedule for a trip in July if need be.
Kevin and I are going to "dive the Cooper" on the 15th and 16th if you're interested.
Talk to ya later,
Ryan
Good things may come to those who wait, but only things that are left over from those who hustle!! Good ole Abe

Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed. George Burns

#17 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:40 AM

Woo Hoo!! My first post.
I dove the Mighty "O" with DiverDeb back in April. We chartered the 50' Wet dream and would love to tour the wreck again. Count me in!! I can also get a couple other divers from ATL to join us because the Scuba Shack still owes us a 1/2 price trip to the "O". Can't wait... keep me informed. :birthday:

Sorry, This is Ryan from the Dive Shop in Marietta. Kevin, Marshal and I were on board when a certain someone decided to ignore mandatory safety stops and received a free plane ride for her efforts (or lack of). She's back to diving but her confidence is a little shakey.
I'm sure we can talk kevin to join us on this trip. BTW, August would be better for me, but i can rearrange my schedule for a trip in July if need be.
Kevin and I are going to "dive the Cooper" on the 15th and 16th if you're interested.
Talk to ya later,
Ryan

Hi Ryan!

So glad you joined SD!! Hopefully we can get a big group together down here and do a happy hour too! Keep an eye on this thread.

I want to talk to you about that incident sometime. I'll see if I can get some contact info for you from Kevin.

OR . . . you could sign up as a premiere member and I could pm you!!! :cool2:

You should also do an intro post so everyone can meet you and welcome you. I can't do quick links from work very easily so I'll try to do one tonight for you - and get a picture for your avatar!! :birthday:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#18 barnaclebutt

barnaclebutt

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Divecon
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

Woo Hoo!! My first post.
I dove the Mighty "O" with DiverDeb back in April. We chartered the 50' Wet dream and would love to tour the wreck again. Count me in!! I can also get a couple other divers from ATL to join us because the Scuba Shack still owes us a 1/2 price trip to the "O". Can't wait... keep me informed. :diver:

Talk to ya later,
Ryan

Hi Ryan!

So glad you joined SD!! Hopefully we can get a big group together down here and do a happy hour too! Keep an eye on this thread.

I want to talk to you about that incident sometime. I'll see if I can get some contact info for you from Kevin.

OR . . . you could sign up as a premiere member and I could pm you!!! :o

You should also do an intro post so everyone can meet you and welcome you. I can't do quick links from work very easily so I'll try to do one tonight for you - and get a picture for your avatar!! :lmao:

Just signed up as a Professional member so we can chat that way. Or you can call if it would be easier. Pm me when you have a chance.
Ryan
Good things may come to those who wait, but only things that are left over from those who hustle!! Good ole Abe

Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed. George Burns

#19 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

Woo Hoo!! My first post.
I dove the Mighty "O" with DiverDeb back in April. We chartered the 50' Wet dream and would love to tour the wreck again. Count me in!! I can also get a couple other divers from ATL to join us because the Scuba Shack still owes us a 1/2 price trip to the "O". Can't wait... keep me informed. :diver:

Talk to ya later,
Ryan

Hi Ryan!

OR . . . you could sign up as a premiere member and I could pm you!!! :o

You should also do an intro post so everyone can meet you and welcome you. I can't do quick links from work very easily so I'll try to do one tonight for you - and get a picture for your avatar!! :lmao:

Just signed up as a Professional member so we can chat that way. Or you can call if it would be easier. Pm me when you have a chance.
Ryan

Post your info here and I'll get you signed into the Pro Forums
http://www.singlediv...mp;#entry216392
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#20 techintime

techintime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Cert Level:Master diver, TDI Deco diver and adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:36 PM

TechinTime needs to do NC! Its our last trip and I'm almost positive that DiverDeb will be on it too! :2cool:

Kamala,
If the Pensacola trip falls through I may try to be a late add on to the NC trip if there is still room. Right now my thinking is that NC is a bit far. I would have to burn some of my precious military leave allotment for a trip to NC. I generally save my leave for Summer trips with my boys. But I am keeping an eye on that thread. I will know more as we get closer.
Mark
Techintime

#21 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:34 PM

OR . . . you could sign up as a premiere member and I could pm you!!! :lmao:

Sweetie, you can actually e-mail any member...only some of us have that function and you are in that group. The only problem is when they reply to you, it goes to a special mail-box only Mrs. Wenchie have access to and it's impossible to get it from her. :teeth:

TechinTime needs to do NC! Its our last trip and I'm almost positive that DiverDeb will be on it too! :)

Kamala,
If the Pensacola trip falls through I may try to be a late add on to the NC trip if there is still room. Right now my thinking is that NC is a bit far. I would have to burn some of my precious military leave allotment for a trip to NC. I generally save my leave for Summer trips with my boys. But I am keeping an eye on that thread. I will know more as we get closer.
Mark

Perhaps you could hitch a ride with the road trip people...whoops that may start another debate on carbon footprint... :2cool:

Edited by Sea Urchin, 03 June 2008 - 09:35 PM.

#22 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:10 PM

techintime
Kamala,
Mark

Techintime, You should be feelin' the love, you have now been invited to both NC and Key Largo if your Pensacola trip doesn't work.

Stephanie was softly twisting my arm this past weekend about heading to P-cola Labor day weekend for the "O", as it is a long weekend. I'm still digging my heels in over the drive, but I am not being as stubborn as I was last year :birthday:

#23 techintime

techintime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Cert Level:Master diver, TDI Deco diver and adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:37 PM

[/quote]Perhaps you could hitch a ride with the road trip people...whoops that may start another debate on carbon footprint... :birthday:
[/quote]

Are there any road trip folks passing through Shreveport on I-20 on their way to NC?
Techintime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users