• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Athens Scuba Park #3...Sept 24-26th

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#166 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:41 PM

Dejah - I am taking off from work around noon - I will need all the extra time to put up my tent before the crowd arrives! I should be there by three or so at the latest. You?

Sandy
Known puker

#167 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:36 PM

Backprop I will bring extra tentsSmall and Larger Pick the one You want to put up!! , Kherron I have one Pot And one Cooker , so I do not think we will need a extra one, when there done Throw them in a Igloo and stay hot till all is cooked. Does any one else like it Spicy, do you feel the burn???( I got CoonAss Roots. :lmao: ) Or do I need to keep it Mild.. I will add Small red potatoes, Corn, and Sausage, to it. Very much looking fordarn to metting All. Headed to San Antonio Tommorow to get my AOW, More Diving,, Night Dive, With No Mexican Navy , Drift Dive, In the Comal WOW<<<< And several More. I have not Been SinceLast Nov, At Thanksgiving, Been Checking Gear, and getting Ready.
I'm Leaving Early Friday Morning, Have about a 7 hr. Drive, Damn it's a long way to the almost the other side of TEXAS. Hope to be there about 2-3 to get Camp set up.
I will have to Get My Scuba Gear on and a big net and go catch them Rascals this week.. :birthday:

:taz:

#168 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 17 September 2004 - 09:29 AM

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know it's getting down to the wire on the Athen's weekend coming up next Friday the 24th. If you haven't gotten your payment in yet for us to feed you please do so today at the $25.00 rate, after today the price increases to $35.00.

Also if you are joining us or would like to please let me know or post on this thread that your coming and I'll keep and eye out for your post. This may be our last Athen's Camp out for the year as the weather next month will start changing.. so please let me know.

Hope to see you out there!! :welcome:

Dejah

#169 Matt5

Matt5

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:working on DM
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:20 PM

Yup going to miss out on the fun this time.
If everything goes good I will be working in Florida.
But hey next Florida event I will be there
:welcome:

#170 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:37 PM

Yup going to miss out on the fun this time.
If everything goes good I will be working in Florida.
But hey next Florida event I will be there
:welcome:

Oh Bummer!! :dltears:

Were going to miss you out at Athens.. so do I understand this right your moving to Florida? If so, I'm sure the members in Florida will surely welcome you there... :fish2:

#171 Matt5

Matt5

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:working on DM
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:02 PM

Yes I moving to Florida for now.
I have a business opportunity I can't pass up.
A family member In Florida has asked me to join his construction company to help with all the reconstruction going on.

#172 Sophia

Sophia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:100?

Posted 18 September 2004 - 07:03 AM

This will be my first Athens event. I want to make sure I bring everything I will need. I don't have a packing obsession. Really! You should see my mother.

It looks like food is covered. Shrimp friday evening. Breakfast burritoes Saturday morning. BBQ Saturday evening. Burritoes Sunday morning. So that means I need to bring:

Beer in cans (thank god the English put good beer in cans. I'm a beer snob)
Diet Coke (is water, tea, sodas included in the $25? Regardless, I'm bringing Diet Coke)
General Camping Gear
Scuba Gear
Swimsuits (temp is 83, woohoo!, no d$#n wetsuit needed)
Bug Spray
Sunscreen
Hygiene stuff

Does he have weights we can use? I don't own any.

Anything else I forgot?

Thanks,
Susan/Sophia

#173 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 08:44 AM

Hey Sophia,

Sounds like you've got it down to a science on what your bringing, however I would consider still bringing water.. for a diver diet coke doesn't seem to take care of the dryness you can experience after diving and you always want to be hydrated enough with lots of water before and after a dive where you don't run into any problems.

As for the wetsuit that's your preference, but I do suggest bringing one anyways. Athen's has a lot of wrecks sunk in the lake from planes, cars, buses, etc and with a wetsuit it will not only keep your body warmer, but it will protect you from any bumps and scraps you might experience going close to the wrecks.. so to be on the safe side bring one and try a dive without it then make your own choice based on the first dive without it.

The weights, yes Calvin has weights everyone can rent and also plenty of tanks and airfills. They also have the little shop there in case anyone needs Fin/Mask straps, etc.

see ya soon

Dejah

#174 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:17 AM

kamala included bottled water in the cost last time.

#175 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:39 AM

kamala included bottled water in the cost last time.

Oh ok.. cool!! Thanks, I didn't make it to Athen's the last time everyone went!

#176 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:31 PM

I thought I would let you all know that I will not be able to make for this one. :dancing: I have to work next weekend. Hopefully, I will be able to come up for these events next year.

Y'all have a good time!
-Mitch-

#177 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:06 AM

Sonny

Does any one else like it Spicy, do you feel the burn???( I got CoonAss Roots.  )

I'm a coonass!!! so bring it on Sonny sounds Great.

I have never been on a shrimp boat but I have been on a real big boat

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#178 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:15 AM

WOW! Lots to catch up on! But hopefully I'll get it all!

1. Water, soda (including diet coke) and drinks including beer will be provided at Dinner on Sat as part of the bbq. You'll need to bring more for the rest of the weekend! (Water and coffee will be provided for the breakfast burritos each morning!)

2. As for the 'heat' of the shrimp...you'll need to make them both ways or just do them mild and let people add the 'heat' as they desire! Otherwise we'll never have enough fluids for people to guzzle! (Sounds like my bbq may have a run for the money by the sounds of this shrimp fest feast you are planning! Woo!! Hoo!! What a weekend we have in store!)

3. Gar aka BluBlood is arriving early on Friday so after picking him up at the airport we'll be heading to Athens! Dejah, Gar, and I should arrive around 1 or so to start to get things organized. If you get there before us...just start pitching your tent. Calvin and Shannon will tell you where!

4. I have rec'd payments from a number of you all...I will be sending you confirmations today!

5. Its not too late to sign up...we'll have lots of room at the park...the park is staying open for summer hours JUST FOR US! And...I guarantee you'll have a blast!

6. BUMMER on Matt5 and Mitch and others not being able to join us! AWESOME!!! on our new members Suncatcher and others coming down to meet some of the gang! (Yes Matt...you can't pass up the great job offer in Florida! But we expect to see you at some if not all of the Florida events!)

7. Tents...if several of you go ahead and bring an extra tent...then I know we'll have plenty for anyone that needs one! As for myself...I have extra room in mine so if you need to just find a place to sleep...that can be arranged too! Let Dejah know and we can help room folks together so we don't have to put up one tent per person!

8. Missing any details on the event...go to the FIRST post in this thread and you'll find it all listed!

Thanks and I hope I didn't miss anything! Dejah has done such a great job organizing everything that its a treat to work with her! See you all this weekend!
-ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#179 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:16 AM

Dejah - I am taking off from work around noon - I will need all the extra time to put up my tent before the crowd arrives! I should be there by three or so at the latest. You?

Sandy

Hey your awesome friend Lynn joined us in Roatan this past week as you know and we all had a blast! I hope you recruit Lynn for this weekend to Athens as well!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#180 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:33 AM

Hey Everyone just as a reminder, Athen's is this weekend from Fri the 24th thru Sun the 26th. If you haven't gotten your payment in yet and would like to join us please let us know as we'd love to meet you!

Dejah

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users