• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Texas Flower Gardens in 2009 on the FLING...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 sudsymark

sudsymark

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:46 PM

Please don't give up the flower gardens. It is a great trip especially for thoses that need some blue water. Even if the boat books up it just makes the trip more of an adventure and with more people....more the merrier.
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#17 Illini_Fan

Illini_Fan

Getting started

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

I've never been on the Fling, but did the Spree last month. We only had 14 divers on the boat -- I could not possibly see potentially 20 more divers in the same space. I'd love to do the Flower Gardens again, but would not be willing to be on a boat with that many divers. That being said, if SD was considering a Fling trip, using Spree-like capacity, I'd be interested.

tom
Tom

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:45 AM

I've never been on the Fling, but did the Spree last month. We only had 14 divers on the boat -- I could not possibly see potentially 20 more divers in the same space. I'd love to do the Flower Gardens again, but would not be willing to be on a boat with that many divers. That being said, if SD was considering a Fling trip, using Spree-like capacity, I'd be interested.

tom

If we did it that is how we'd do it...meaning we charter the fling but limit the number of people. The pricing would be about the same as the Spree is now but I didn't fill our Flower Garden trip this year... :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

tom

If we did it that is how we'd do it...meaning we charter the fling but limit the number of people. The pricing would be about the same as the Spree is now but I didn't fill our Flower Garden trip this year... :wakawaka:

I would be Fixen To Go on the Fling with All Y'all even though I've been spoiled by Frank/Melanie's vague boat/dive breifings !!!
BTW at the very most 24 pax whether just SD or others as well.
Does the Fling's cap cruise this site as I've never seen him post on Fling related topics?

Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users