• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Any chance of getting a Fort Lauderdale HH going

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

What do you think S. Fla Folks? A few of us will be leaving out of FLL on Sept 20th for the SD Bahama Dolphin trip. (Join us if you can!!!)

Some arriving on Friday the 19th in plenty of time for a HH that night. Anyone up for starting a HH in Fort Lauderdale?

:cool1: :D :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :twist: :twist:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#2 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

I would be game if I'm in the area. Sept is almost too far out for me to plan; but I always want to try to get together with the good folks of SD.

#3 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:14 AM

I missed this thread I've copied my post from the Bahamas Sept trip to here
Let's try to get a Happy Hour going to meet & greet our out of town SD friends
Who is available local for Sept 19th ?
What time are fights getting in for you out of towners?

Even though Barb had mentioned a Happy Hour I haven't been checking this thread. I can go down to Ft Lauderdale Beach & check things out(I'm a 10min drive). There is a venue called Beach Place(yup a place on the beach) that has a few bars/restaurants &yes there is a Hooters as well as Sloppy Joes & I think a Fat Tuesdays. Along the beach just south of that heading towards Las Olas are quite a few other places as well as the famous Elbo Room( still has a web cam I think)all walking distance if one is in the mood to bar hop. Needless to say as mentioned Friday will be busy & loud. What is everyone looking for? There is also an area west off of Las Olas called Riverplace that is similar.
Quieter there is a Tiki Bar on the beach just north ~2-3miles from Barb's hotel-haven't been there but willing to check it out-nothing near that but beach & condos. The key is what time everyone is coming to town-or is this for the return trip?
Anyhow as I believe I'll still be in town I can be a taxi for the Airporters & others

Edited by DivingDeb, 08 August 2008 - 05:16 AM.

#4 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

Too bad the 19th is a Friday night... I'll be in the pool with students... but, I might be in West Palm on Saturday or Sunday.

Al
If you're bored diving, then you quit learning...

#5 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:39 PM

Divingdeb,

I agree that Dave & Busters while fun, would not be real condusive to meeting each other and talking. But I will go with the majority vote! So what do you guys want to do Friday night? Some place more quiet, or some place with a lot of options like Dave and Busters?

#6 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

Dave and Buster's has group party rooms. So, we don't necessarily have to be out on the main floor area.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#7 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

After a day of travel and looking forward to a week of zen diving I would prefer someplace quiet. That way I can irritate SDM with hundreds of rebreather questions. If we are going to make a noise then lets do it right find a techno dance club... :respect:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#8 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:27 AM

So Far that makes 3 or 4 of us leaning towards a quieter place. Diverdeb, Babs and myself, now shadragon. So, I'll probably get with Diverdeb and look for a cozier place unless the vote swings drastically in the next week! :respect:

#9 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

Logistics. When are the out of towners (that is far out of town like having to use a plane!) all arriving? That can help us decide where & when to meet.
Any other locals (ie driving distance) planning on coming? I know Fri night traffic is a pain

#10 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:08 PM

My flight is scheduled to arrive at 2:18 pm. I intend to be pretty "happy" already when we meet up!

Kelly

Logistics. When are the out of towners (that is far out of town like having to use a plane!) all arriving? That can help us decide where & when to meet.
Any other locals (ie driving distance) planning on coming? I know Fri night traffic is a pain

#11 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:19 PM

My flight is scheduled to arrive at 2:18 pm. I intend to be pretty "happy" already when we meet up!

Kelly

I'm planning on taking Friday off so I should be able to pick up the "very Happy Capt Morgan" at the airport! I think the plan is to get to the hotel, maybe hit the beach for a while, then hook up with the group.

Ok with you Captain? :wakawaka:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#12 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:28 AM

I'm planning on driving down after work, will probably arrive in the Ft Lauderdale area around 6pm.

#13 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

I just realized that I won't be in town on the 19th. I won't yet arrive back in town from my travels.

Sorry, I can't make this one. :D
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#14 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:40 PM

I'm hoping to join in. So far it's looks good for me....

#15 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:48 AM

I get in at Noon so early evening will work best for everyone I suspect. 7PM?
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users