• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Any chance of getting a Fort Lauderdale HH going

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

Well, with four spots still open on the trip you can hit both HH AND go diving... You know you want too...

Yeah, I wish... unfortunately there's no way I'm a) taking that kind of time off, or b) spending that kind of money. But I'm diving that area all the time anyway, so anyone else wanna do the Happy Hour and also a boat dive or two that weekend? Anything out of Hillsboro Inlet is good, or up to Jupiter or down to Largo I'm game for. Maybe if tides are right we could do Blue Heron Bridge, I still want to do that.

>*< Fritz

Even if you can't join us for the Bahamas trip, hope to see you at Happy Hour/ dinner at the Bahia Cabana. We're gathering about 6pm on Friday. Not sure about the following Saturday plan yet....

I want to get down to dive the bridge again.... maybe next time.

I certainly hope there will be a return HH. I will be in FLL Sept 26-29 diving on Saturday/Sunday with Parrot Island Divers and would be great to see some old dive buddies ie: Shadragon & DiverBarbs. Lets make this happen. See you all then, Stan :cool2:
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#32 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:33 PM

Well, with four spots still open on the trip you can hit both HH AND go diving... You know you want too...

Yeah, I wish... unfortunately there's no way I'm a) taking that kind of time off, or b) spending that kind of money. But I'm diving that area all the time anyway, so anyone else wanna do the Happy Hour and also a boat dive or two that weekend? Anything out of Hillsboro Inlet is good, or up to Jupiter or down to Largo I'm game for. Maybe if tides are right we could do Blue Heron Bridge, I still want to do that.

>*< Fritz

Even if you can't join us for the Bahamas trip, hope to see you at Happy Hour/ dinner at the Bahia Cabana. We're gathering about 6pm on Friday. Not sure about the following Saturday plan yet....

I certainly hope there will be a return HH. I will be in FLL Sept 26-29 diving on Saturday/Sunday with Parrot Island Divers and would be great to see some old dive buddies ie: Shadragon & DiverBarbs. Lets make this happen. See you all then, Stan :cool2:

I'm up for that Stan. Do you just want to hit the Bahia Cabana again? Not sure about the others, but my flight gets in about 12:30pm. What time do you finish up your dives?
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#33 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

>*< Fritz

I'm up for that Stan. Do you just want to hit the Bahia Cabana again? Not sure about the others, but my flight gets in about 12:30pm. What time do you finish up your dives?

I'm doing 2 am tanks. I was going to spend the afternoon at the beach, but If you want to do a mid afternoon HH that could be arranged. Was your plan to start driving up north right after landing? My hotel is on the beach in FLL right next to Lauderdale by the Sea. I was planning on dinner at either RED's BBQ (no credit cards) or Lesters Dinner on SR 84 1/2 mile from RT1. I could do Bahia Cabana or Riverwalk area.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#34 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

>*< Fritz

I'm doing 2 am tanks. I was going to spend the afternoon at the beach, but If you want to do a mid afternoon HH that could be arranged. Was your plan to start driving up north right after landing? My hotel is on the beach in FLL right next to Lauderdale by the Sea. I was planning on dinner at either RED's BBQ (no credit cards) or Lesters Dinner on SR 84 1/2 mile from RT1. I could do Bahia Cabana or Riverwalk area.

I was going to head north, but I'll hang w/ you if your going to be around. Simon will likely want to stay close to the airport, but we'll see.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#35 FritzCat66

FritzCat66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:11 AM

So, any other folks planning on attending the Happy Hour on Friday who are NOT going on the Bahamas trip? We should definitely plan on some diving in the area on Saturday the 20th! There are plenty of dive ops and locations to choose from...

>*< Fritz

#36 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:27 AM

So, any other folks planning on attending the Happy Hour on Friday who are NOT going on the Bahamas trip? We should definitely plan on some diving in the area on Saturday the 20th! There are plenty of dive ops and locations to choose from...

>*< Fritz

Hi Fritz, I'm diving with Parrot Island Divers on Sat-Sun am dives on Sept 27-28, there may have spots open. Stan
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#37 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:33 AM

Hi Fritz, I'm diving with Parrot Island Divers on Sat-Sun am dives on Sept 27-28, there may have spots open. Stan

Fritzman! That's closer than Boynton.....whadya think?? I like going out with Jerry

#38 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

Not going on the trip but plan on doing Happy Hour on Fri the 19th at Bahia Cabana. The 20th is the International Coastal Cleanup & I hope to do that at LBTS followed by a beach dive. Unless I'm on my exs boat on the 27th I plan a LBTS beach dive & can make Happy Hour on the 27th. To make things easy maybe Bahia Cabana again & earlier maybe 3pm ish. I can taxi the hotel people I have room for 4 CLOSE friends in my car! I don't drink alot either esp because I'm diving (Labor Day weekend was an exception too windy to dive so made up for lost time that was a mistake! :flirt: ) or driving
High tide on 9/28 is around 835 am that means in the water about 745- 8am. Maybe a little too early for Blue Heron bridge but I'm willing to consider it

#39 FritzCat66

FritzCat66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:15 AM

Fritzman! That's closer than Boynton.....whadya think?? I like going out with Jerry

Hey Stan... that sounds great! Count me in for Saturday morning with you guys.

Patty - Let's dive with them on Saturday morning and do the Boynton thing Sunday morning. It's on our way back north anyway, and I would like to meet the guys from that new central Florida dive club that's just getting started.

For anyone else interested in that, it's a Sunday morning dive off Boynton Beach with Pelican Dive Charters, being organized by the new Central Florida Scuba Group, which is handling reservations.

Unless I'm on my exs boat on the 27th I plan a LBTS beach dive & can make Happy Hour on the 27th. To make things easy maybe Bahia Cabana again & earlier maybe 3pm ish.

Deb - I may or may not be able to make it the the one on the 27th. I will be staying with my pals in Lighthouse Point again, but it looks like we may actually be spending Saturday and Sunday in the Keys. I'll know more when time gets closer. I still want to do some shore diving with you one of these days!

>*< Fritz

#40 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:20 PM

Deb - I may or may not be able to make it the the one on the 27th. I will be staying with my pals in Lighthouse Point again, but it looks like we may actually be spending Saturday and Sunday in the Keys. I'll know more when time gets closer. I still want to do some shore diving with you one of these days!

>*< Fritz

Fritz,
We will get the beach dive in one of these days & maybe try for coral spawning again next year. Patty said you are thinking of being in town on the weekend of the 20th. Weather providing we can do it that weekend.
Deb
PS Jerry is one of my favorites. I wonder if his band is playing the weekend you are in town.

#41 FritzCat66

FritzCat66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

Patty said you are thinking of being in town on the weekend of the 20th. Weather providing we can do it that weekend.

Yes! I spoke too soon earlier, I thought Stan was referring to the weekend of the 20th. After talking with Patty, I think I will join you guys for the beach cleanup & a beach dive afterwards. We'll still do the Boynton dive on Sunday morning heading back north.

That following weekend (27th) is still a bit up in the air, but I think my pals down there (the ones you met who were bubble-watching on the night dive) want to head to the Keys, so I'll probably do some diving in the Largo area then.

>*< Fritz

#42 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:46 PM

Patty said you are thinking of being in town on the weekend of the 20th. Weather providing we can do it that weekend.

Yes! I spoke too soon earlier, I thought Stan was referring to the weekend of the 20th. After talking with Patty, I think I will join you guys for the beach cleanup & a beach dive afterwards. We'll still do the Boynton dive on Sunday morning heading back north.

That following weekend (27th) is still a bit up in the air, but I think my pals down there (the ones you met who were bubble-watching on the night dive) want to head to the Keys, so I'll probably do some diving in the Largo area then.

>*< Fritz

Fritz,
If you don't go to the Keys, I'll be diving out of Jupiter Dive Center on the 27th...

Al
If you're bored diving, then you quit learning...

#43 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

So how many folks are planning on meeting on Friday Night (Sept 19th) at the Bahia Cabana Fort Lauderdale???

Deb, Barb, Kelly are in.... Anyone else planning on joining the fun????

Sorry... I'm being too lazy to go through all the past posts... :twist:

The more the merrier!! Come join us for food, fun and good conversation! (and a cocktail or two if you wish!)

:cool2:

#44 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

Hey Barb, I plan on coming on the nite of the 19th. I pretty sure that Fritz and "his" friends Omar and Lisa will be joinging us as well. I'm just trying to move in on "his" friends. That's why we have the " ".

#45 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:57 PM

Hey Barb, I plan on coming on the nite of the 19th. I pretty sure that Fritz and "his" friends Omar and Lisa will be joinging us as well. I'm just trying to move in on "his" friends. That's why we have the " ".

Great! Will be great to see you again. Looking forward to meeting Fritz and "his" friends too. :cool2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users