• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Any chance of getting a Fort Lauderdale HH going

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#46 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

The Bahia Canbana Sept 19th 6pm ish. This should give the opportunity for travelling Floridians & flying SD'ers a chance to get together Does anyone from out of town need a ride? Let me know

www.bahiacabanaresort.com/restaurant.htm

#47 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

So how many folks are planning on meeting on Friday Night (Sept 19th) at the Bahia Cabana Fort Lauderdale???

Deb, Barb, Kelly are in.... Anyone else planning on joining the fun????

Sorry... I'm being too lazy to go through all the past posts... :thankyou:

The more the merrier!! Come join us for food, fun and good conversation! (and a cocktail or two if you wish!)

:cheerleader:

I'm comming and may be bringing a girlfriend with me (former diver and couchsurfing friend)

#48 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:42 PM

So how many folks are planning on meeting on Friday Night (Sept 19th) at the Bahia Cabana Fort Lauderdale???

Deb, Barb, Kelly are in.... Anyone else planning on joining the fun????

Sorry... I'm being too lazy to go through all the past posts... :cool1:

The more the merrier!! Come join us for food, fun and good conversation! (and a cocktail or two if you wish!)

:cheerleader:

I'm comming and may be bringing a girlfriend with me (former diver and couchsurfing friend)

:thankyou: I looks like at least 9 of us then... maybe more.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#49 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

me ten !

looks like it is across the street from the main tent at oceanfest ..... googlemap

Edited by Racer184, 15 September 2008 - 02:01 PM.

#50 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:00 PM

me ten !

:cool1: It will be nice to see you again Allen.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#51 FritzCat66

FritzCat66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:15 PM

Yes, I will be there with my non-diving pals (but local residents) Lisa & Omar, and of course my "friend", Patty... (who is trying to steal my pals, thus the quotes around "friend"!) :cool1:

>*< Fritz

Edited by FritzCat66, 15 September 2008 - 03:16 PM.

#52 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

Yes, I will be there with my non-diving pals (but local residents) Lisa & Omar, and of course my "friend", Patty... (who is trying to steal my pals, thus the quotes around "friend"!) :birthday:

>*< Fritz

Great! We'll see you there. Hmmm... are we going to need to separate you and Patty!?! :cool1:

#53 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

Looks like a great opportunity to meet some of the SD movers and shakers! Am checking out options for accommodations; with a little help from an SD Angel I just might make it! :cool1: (Hmm, I wondered where those obnoxious 7-Up smileys emigrated to...)

Brad in Georgia
Signature Slug (Still) under construction

#54 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

Looks like a great opportunity to meet some of the SD movers and shakers! Am checking out options for accommodations; with a little help from an SD Angel I just might make it! :dance: (Hmm, I wondered where those obnoxious 7-Up smileys emigrated to...)

Brad in Georgia
Signature Slug (Still) under construction

That would be great! But, why not join us on the Bahamas trip too..... there's still room and it will be a great trip!
:cool1: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :canada: :fish2: :diver: :fish: :diver:

#55 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

[quote]name='DiverBabs' date='Sep 15 2008, 09:01 PM' post='227498']
That would be great! But, why not join us on the Bahamas trip too..... there's still room and it will be a great trip![/quote]

Believe me, the initial reflex was to check scheduling for making the trip. Alas, I have terrestrial responsibilities that preclude indulging the aquatic alternative....

Yeah, I said I gotta work. :tears: Life's Beach, and then you Dive! (To quote some bumper sticker seen at a boat ramp.)

You are sweet to suggest the idea Babs, I look forward to meeting you and other SD icons if my SD Angel (and you know who you are!) comes through for me!

Brad in Georgia
Signature Slug... Ahh, You Know the Story by Now

#56 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:26 PM

dive_sail_etc
Am checking out options for accommodations

Comfort Inn Oceanside (FL893)
50 S. Ocean Drive (A1A) , Deerfield Beach, FL, US, 33441 | Phone: (954) 428-0650 Fax: (954) 427-2666

If you are looking to stay at a hotel this one offers discounts to divers year round. Call and let them know you are diving with Dixie Divers or Parrot Island Scuba; I'm not sure if other operators are extended the same sort of value with them-worth the shot though if you have to pay for lodging.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new people!

DiverBabs
Great! We'll see you there. Hmmm... are we going to need to separate you and Patty!?!

Nah, you don't have to separate us. I'll just continue to be a pain in the patooty, poor Fritz. Ya'll can feel sympathy for him that he has to put up with me making "his" friends mine too

#57 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

dive_sail_etc

50 S. Ocean Drive (A1A) , Deerfield Beach, FL, US, 33441 | Phone: (954) 428-0650 Fax: (954) 427-2666
If you are looking to stay at a hotel this one offers discounts to divers year round. Call and let them know you are diving with Dixie Divers or Parrot Island Scuba; I'm not sure if other operators are extended the same sort of value with them-worth the shot though if you have to pay for lodging.

Thanks for the diver discount tip; I'll check it out. :thankyou:

Reading this and many other such examples of can-do, unsolicited assistance conjurs emotions from warm and fuzzy (like my own experience here) to eye-misting humility (RE: Offers of support from dry beds to gen sets for SD Ike victims). Never recall actually being proud to belong to a cyber group before; it's a great feeling. :thankyou: I look forward to making my own small contributions when able.

Brad in GA
Signature Slug Inappropriate for Post Content. :thankyou:

#58 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

dive_sail_etc

Thanks for the diver discount tip; I'll check it out. :thankyou:

Reading this and many other such examples of can-do, unsolicited assistance conjurs emotions from warm and fuzzy (like my own experience here) to eye-misting humility (RE: Offers of support from dry beds to gen sets for SD Ike victims). Never recall actually being proud to belong to a cyber group before; it's a great feeling. :thankyou: I look forward to making my own small contributions when able.

Brad in GA
Signature Slug Inappropriate for Post Content. :thankyou:

Generally I have always felt that this was a helpful and friendly group, even if they do all belong in a 12-step program for H2O addiction!
It would be fun to have you "pop in" for GA!

#59 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:37 AM

Well Gang, I was unable to pull this particular HH rabbit out of my travel hat. :teeth: Here's wishing everyone safe travel and good times. Ever the optimist, I look forward to my next shot with you guys either through HH or, even better, on an SD event! :dancing:

A special thanks to those with tips and encouragement: Holly aka a_fl_mermaid, Marie aka pmarie and Babs aka Diverbabs. :birthday: Ya'll are da bestest!

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#60 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:14 AM

Well Gang, I was unable to pull this particular HH rabbit out of my travel hat. Here's wishing everyone safe travel and good times. Ever the optimist, I look forward to my next shot with you guys either through HH or, even better, on an SD event!

So sorry you cannot make it this time around. There will always be other chances. If you find that you are wanting to head down this way just to dive, not necessarily an event, post in the "headed your way" or send a PM many of us jump on the band wagon to just go dive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users