• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Any chance of getting a Fort Lauderdale HH going

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

I'll check on the 17th St Causeway area Looking at 6-7pm Quiet (at least til we all get there)no dancing
Or heck we'll just buy a BIG bottle of rum & sit on the beach :thankyou:

#17 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:04 AM

Oooh, I'm for the rum!! Sounds good

#18 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:02 AM

Okay, I'm already depressed now.... I miss my Florida family! I will be heading back down there very soon, but unfortunately not by Sept. 19th, since I will just have gotten back from the SD Roatan trip with an extra week in Utila tacked on the end. Maybe next time I'm down we can have a happy hour though! Miss you much!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#19 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:09 AM

Okay, I'm already depressed now.... I miss my Florida family! I will be heading back down there very soon, but unfortunately not by Sept. 19th, since I will just have gotten back from the SD Roatan trip with an extra week in Utila tacked on the end. Maybe next time I'm down we can have a happy hour though! Miss you much!

:dazzler: too!!! Wish you were coming along Pup....but at least we'll get to hear your voice! :thankyou:

I'll have stickers in tow as well.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#20 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

AHHHH Rum, Beach, Pup & guitar, fellow SD"ers (or not :birthday: ) A girl can dream!! Can't wait for the Happy Hour after the NEXT Happy Hour!!!
Great Song!! :birthday:

#21 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

Hopefully out of towners arriving in FT Lauderdale & staying overnight & area SDers can meet for a get together on the 19th say about 6pm I think the Bahia Cabana at the south end of Ft Lauderdale beach would be a good place- Happy Hr until 7pm, reasonable priced food & for those staying later a band at 8pm. The parking isn't good but they have complimentary valet parking (a small tip would be good) Anyone up for it? Or what about on the way home I know Sat is a better time than those rushing around after work Any thoughts of having a Happy Hour get together on Sat the 27th?

http://www.bahiacaba.../restaurant.htm

#22 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:20 AM

I'm beginning to get excited! This trip is going to be awesome!

#23 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:25 AM

Any thoughts of having a Happy Hour get together on Sat the 27th?

I am in for that. Will be staying overnight both ways in Ft. L.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#24 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:30 AM

I'm in... and since I'm the driving... I think that means Capt Morgan is in too! :D

For Friday night for sure. If Saturday, the 27th comes together too... then why not! I'll be there too.

;)

Edited by DiverBabs, 30 August 2008 - 09:37 AM.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#25 code-alpha

code-alpha

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

Did someone say RUM? My key lime tree is dropping limes everyday and I can't keep up having them in my rum drinks. So I guess i'll have to share them. :teeth: Mmmm here have one with me now c\%/

#26 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

Did someone say RUM? My key lime tree is dropping limes everyday and I can't keep up having them in my rum drinks. So I guess i'll have to share them. :teeth: Mmmm here have one with me now c\%/

I love those limes! My last tree was killed by Hurricane Wilma(she dropped a much bigger Pine on it), but I always made key lime pies.
Holly

#27 FritzCat66

FritzCat66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

I'm lucky enough to have good friends close by that area in Lighthouse Point and they have cleared me to stay with them either or both of those weekends (19th or the 27th), so I may join y'all for the happy hour(s). Although, truth be told I don't really drink on weekends if I'm diving (I try to stay hydrated). And social scenes are rather intimidating for me, too. But hey... I presume there will also be some diving going on? Definitely count me in for that!!!

Reminds me of an old joke:

"How would you like to come to a party at my place?"
"Sure! Sounds great!"
"I should warn you, there's probably gonna be some heavy drinkin' goin' on."
"Well, that's OK, it's a party after all."
"Alright, but I should also warn you, there's probably gonna be some fightin' too."
"Oh my gosh! Well, sounds like a rowdy party..."
"Oh yeah... and one more thing I should warn you about, there's probably gonna be some no-holds-barred, throw-down, rough sex goin' on, too."
"Holy cow! Now I'm totally intrigued and I've just gotta see this! Definitely count me in! Only... given what you've said... I realize I have no idea what to wear to this party?"
"Doesn't really matter, it's just gonna be you & me."
:respect:

LOL! I presume it's not going to be THAT kind of party! :angel2:

>*< Fritz

#28 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:14 PM

I'm lucky enough to have good friends close by that area in Lighthouse Point and they have cleared me to stay with them either or both of those weekends (19th or the 27th), so I may join y'all for the happy hour(s). Although, truth be told I don't really drink on weekends if I'm diving (I try to stay hydrated). And social scenes are rather intimidating for me, too. But hey... I presume there will also be some diving going on? Definitely count me in for that!!!

Well, with four spots still open on the trip you can hit both HH AND go diving... You know you want too... :respect:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#29 FritzCat66

FritzCat66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

Well, with four spots still open on the trip you can hit both HH AND go diving... You know you want too...

Yeah, I wish... unfortunately there's no way I'm a) taking that kind of time off, or b) spending that kind of money. But I'm diving that area all the time anyway, so anyone else wanna do the Happy Hour and also a boat dive or two that weekend? Anything out of Hillsboro Inlet is good, or up to Jupiter or down to Largo I'm game for. Maybe if tides are right we could do Blue Heron Bridge, I still want to do that.

>*< Fritz

#30 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:28 PM

Well, with four spots still open on the trip you can hit both HH AND go diving... You know you want too...

Yeah, I wish... unfortunately there's no way I'm a) taking that kind of time off, or b) spending that kind of money. But I'm diving that area all the time anyway, so anyone else wanna do the Happy Hour and also a boat dive or two that weekend? Anything out of Hillsboro Inlet is good, or up to Jupiter or down to Largo I'm game for. Maybe if tides are right we could do Blue Heron Bridge, I still want to do that.

>*< Fritz

Even if you can't join us for the Bahamas trip, hope to see you at Happy Hour/ dinner at the Bahia Cabana. We're gathering about 6pm on Friday. Not sure about the following Saturday plan yet....

I want to get down to dive the bridge again.... maybe next time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users