• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Mammoth Lake ~ Texas

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 davekemph

davekemph

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Cert Level:open water cert, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:18

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

or we can just put the gear on during a rain storm and stand outside. (makes the neighbors look out their windows and wonder)
though the puddle that forms in front of my house does look inviting at times. lol

#17 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

The best part of living down here is we can dive anything from mud puddles to dog bowls!! :teeth:

John, now thats funny as hell! :lmao:
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#18 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

mud hole, mud puddle, lake, quarry.. doesn't matter this gal is DIVING on SUNDAY!!!!

Even if I have to kick some kid out of their wading pool.... :teeth:

Anyone who is interested in joining us is more than welcome.

Kevin ~ I have known you long enough to know your sarcasm is all done in good fun.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#19 davekemph

davekemph

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

well, the first pavillion is now reserved for a bunch of divers. not hard to mis, and is close to a lot of the atractions. according to what is said on the chum board and txts to my phone, people will be trying to show up around 9:00 am. but knowing someof the diveaholics that are showing up, there will be diving almost all day long. lol. so no worries about what time you get there. :thankyou:

Dave.

#20 davekemph

davekemph

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:52 AM

Even if I have to kick some kid out of their wading pool.... :thankyou:

well looks like the kids pools are safe for another day. lol. (though I have to admit, I would be willing to take vids of that happening lol)

#21 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

Have to say ~ LOVE your new avatar... :sleepy:

:thankyou:

mud hole, mud puddle, lake, quarry.. doesn't matter this gal is DIVING on SUNDAY!!!!

Even if I have to kick some kid out of their wading pool.... :fish2:

:-D :fish2: :fish2: :fish2:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#22 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

well, the first pavillion is now reserved for a bunch of divers. not hard to mis, and is close to a lot of the atractions. according to what is said on the chum board and txts to my phone, people will be trying to show up around 9:00 am. but knowing someof the diveaholics that are showing up, there will be diving almost all day long. lol. so no worries about what time you get there. :-D

Dave.

Thanks for posting the location where we can be found. I am thinking if you show up later in the day you will still find a few divers willing to go back in.
I can't promise "The Sin" but I will promise a home baked treat of some kind. (Unless Dave eats it all before you arrive).
Looks like there will be a few of us showing up.. come out and join in the fun.

I heard that next month a bunch of Paddlefish are being delivered to Mammoth. :thankyou:
These guys are starting out small.. 12" - 14" (they are trying to get a few larger ones added to the shipment).

If you have ever dove with Paddlefish they are a sight to behold.
These guys live a long time (30 yrs) and grow to be really large (5' or more)
I am not sure how long it takes for them to get big.. but we will have something else to play with while diving Mammoth. :sleepy:
I haven't dove with Paddlefish in several years. The last time I did was in France Park, Indiana... They were in the 5' range.

Edited by gis_gal, 22 August 2008 - 01:57 PM.

#23 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:24 AM

well, the first pavillion is now reserved for a bunch of divers. not hard to mis, and is close to a lot of the atractions. according to what is said on the chum board and txts to my phone, people will be trying to show up around 9:00 am. but knowing someof the diveaholics that are showing up, there will be diving almost all day long. lol. so no worries about what time you get there. :birthday:

Dave.

Thanks for posting the location where we can be found. I am thinking if you show up later in the day you will still find a few divers willing to go back in.
I can't promise "The Sin" but I will promise a home baked treat of some kind. (Unless Dave eats it all before you arrive).
Looks like there will be a few of us showing up.. come out and join in the fun.

I heard that next month a bunch of Paddlefish are being delivered to Mammoth. :birthday:
These guys are starting out small.. 12" - 14" (they are trying to get a few larger ones added to the shipment).

If you have ever dove with Paddlefish they are a sight to behold.
These guys live a long time (30 yrs) and grow to be really large (5' or more)
I am not sure how long it takes for them to get big.. but we will have something else to play with while diving Mammoth. :birthday:
I haven't dove with Paddlefish in several years. The last time I did was in France Park, Indiana... They were in the 5' range.

Haven't you heard-EVERYTHINGS bigger in Texas!!! :birthday:
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#24 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:39 AM

Haven't you heard-EVERYTHINGS bigger in Texas!!! :birthday:

I have been told that many many times.
Does this mean that these PaddleFish will grow to be closer to 10'? That will be impressive.
I wonder if I live here long enough if I will grow???? :birthday:

#25 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:12 AM

Haven't you heard-EVERYTHINGS bigger in Texas!!! :teeth:

I have been told that many many times.
Does this mean that these PaddleFish will grow to be closer to 10'? That will be impressive.
I wonder if I live here long enough if I will grow???? :P

Anything is possible!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users