• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Where in the World are You Diving

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

Since the USD to AUD rate is now 1 : 1.61, I'm ready to go back to the GBR
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#17 Yas_sensei

Yas_sensei

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

I'm looking to do some diving during my Spring Break--March 21-28. I'm thinking of inexpensive places to go and play--probably San Diego or FtLaud/WPB/Key Largo. Cheap to fly to (<$350 from Colorado), reasonable to stay and play.

I have dived in both areas, so I'm pretty familiar with the ins and outs of the local boats. I haven't done any shore diving from either, though I don't think there's really any shore diving available in SoFL. I have about 300 dives logged, if that makes any difference.

Anyone around who wants to join me? I'd love to get three to four days of diving in. My choice could definitely be influenced by whether I can roust up a buddy to dive with.

Shawn

Hey SD Family :cool1:
What diving plans do you have for 2009 and if its a cool spot for :teeth: , Then share it with us and maybe ...maybe.... WW will send the SD Army of Rogue divers to meet Ya :D

Mike

#18 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

Heading to the St. Lawrence in August.. meeting up with a group of my crazy dive buds...
Not sure about other trips.. will see how the year fluffs out.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#19 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

Starting with Belize in 2 weeks. Then will stay flexible for most of the year. This will most likely be the year I finally dive the Galapagos.....

#20 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

2009 will be a pretty good year I hope for diving as im going to get a combo of training, photo and pleasure dives.

PNW Show - treasure hunt baby
Bonaire
Puerto Rico: right after Bonaire - going back for a couple of days to see friends, and for rum :wakawaka:.
Dry Tortugas

there are a couple of other possibilities but time and $$$ will tell.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#21 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

I know three women who want to go to Fiji with me so I had better start collecting those bottles and cans by the side of the road to pay for it... :wakawaka:

Other than that, I suspect back to the Caribbean for at least one liveaboard trip. Gotta love waking up on top of the dive site with the smell of coffee and bacon waiting... Spoiled... C'est moi...!
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#22 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:21 AM

Coz, Bermuda and Galapagos!!! :wakawaka: :cool2:
Known puker

#23 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:13 AM

Any place will be mighty fine in '09!!!! :-D
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#24 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:00 AM

I know three women who want to go to Fiji with me so I had better start collecting those bottles and cans by the side of the road to pay for it... :teeth:

Are you going to join us on the SD Fiji trip?? Three women on the trip so far... :-D
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#25 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:33 AM

...so I had better start collecting those bottles and cans by the side of the road to pay for it...

Yeah. Uh-huh. Tried that. Not so many platinum cans along the highway. Precious few lead crystal bottles too. But, hey! Ya neeeeever know... :-D
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#26 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

Bubbles

The Dry Tortugas in August is a strong possibility, but that's a year away!

Bubbles,
Now its only 3/4 of a year away..time flys and I hope you can make it :birthday: , besides the Dry Tortugas I'm planning on some local diving and some SD Happy Hours :usflag: I'd like to fit in another SD trip in 2009 but like Shadragon said..

so I had better start collecting those bottles and cans by the side of the road to pay for it

Thread pool is still open...Where are you diving/want to dive in 2009?

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#27 sudsymark

sudsymark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

Not sure if I will get to the Bahamas but will be finishing my Cayman Crown. Did Grand Cayman years ago, Cayman Brac in '06 and this year will be doing Little Cayman. Wonder how it will compare?
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#28 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

I'll be doing my first dive "trip" with SD. I'm hoping to be able to do bonaire. Still got my fingers crossed... and my toes. I'll probably get in a few dives in the quarries and whatnot locally. I'm moving to Key West in August and will be doing as much diving as I possibly can. I'm hoping to get nitrox certified soon also. I'm hoping to get in a LOT of diving. I want to break 100 dives this year. Which would be double the number I've gotten in the last 2 years.
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

#29 Unibrook

Unibrook

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:54 AM

Not sure if I will get to the Bahamas but will be finishing my Cayman Crown. Did Grand Cayman years ago, Cayman Brac in '06 and this year will be doing Little Cayman. Wonder how it will compare?

I would love to do a trip to Little Cayman in Feb, March, April 2009 if anyone wants to organize it or join me. Lemme know, Nat

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

I would love to do a trip to Little Cayman in Feb, March, April 2009 if anyone wants to organize it or join me. Lemme know, Nat

Nat got your email and replied back. We would be very happy to help you set up a trip and find a buddy or 3 and SAVE YOU MONEY in the process! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users