• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Better be careful what you ask a retired person....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

A friend at work handed this to me today and I laughed so hard I cried! :o I know people who would say this!! I am actually related to people who would make this kind of story up! :iagree:

Enjoy.....

"Yesterday I was at my local Target buying a large bag of Purina Dog Chow for my loyal pet, Sherriff the Wonder Dog, and was in the checkout line when the woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had, an elephant? So since I’m retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn’t have a dog. I was starting the Purina diet again. I added that I probably shouldn’t, because I ended up in the hospital the last time, but that I’d lost 50 pounds before I awakened in the intensive care unit with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IV’s in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again.

(I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story. )

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me.

I told her no. I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setters’ ass and a car hit us both!

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.

Target won’t let me shop there anymore.

Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the world to think of crazy things to say!!! " :lmao:

Edited by scubagoddess, 04 September 2008 - 10:32 PM.

There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#2 bottomtime

bottomtime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cert Level: padi safe diver-nitrox -cave---prefer spearfishing
  • Logged Dives:3-400-?

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:47 PM

funny but so true :lmao: sniff sniff :iagree:

#3 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

Made me think of this one ....

I was driving down the road when I had a flat tire ....

I pulled into a gas station and the attendant said "Did your tire go flat?"

I said "Nope! I was driving right along and the other three just swelled right up!"

Without missing a beat, the attendant replied "Yep, heat will do that!"

-Mitch-

#4 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:19 AM

I'm not retired yet but old enough and plenty of free time to play the game.

A few weeks ago I pulled into a gas station and said "fill it up with regular please"

The attendant says, "doesn't this car call for hi test?"

"Yes, but if you unscrew the spark plugs half way it lowers the compression enough to run on regular."

From the look on his face I'm not sure if he knew I was pulling his leg or thought I was an idiot!
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#5 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:10 AM

A few weeks ago I pulled into a gas station and said "fill it up with regular please"

"Yes, but if you unscrew the spark plugs half way it lowers the compression enough to run on regular."

From the look on his face I'm not sure if he knew I was pulling his leg or thought I was an idiot!

:iagree: that's funny right there !!!!
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#6 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:44 AM

:canuckdiver: that's funny right there !!!!

I was in the car parts business for 17 years, now I'm wondering if some of my customers were pulling my leg or were idiots!
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#7 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:06 AM

I was in the car parts business for 17 years, now I'm wondering if some of my customers were pulling my leg or were idiots!

I had a buddy who worked in the car parts business and was managng an auto parts store in Houma, Louisiana. He had a guy come in and said he needed parts for a Beep-Beep. That puzzled him as he had never heard of the car. Well, it took about a half-hour and a ton of questions to the guy but the car in question was a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner. The guy was illiterate and did not know what type of car he had but he could read the "Beep-Beep" decal on the side.
-Mitch-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users