• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

03: BTS NJ/NY Consumer Dive Show March 27-29, 2009

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#196 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:28 PM

Y'all, Dave L will be the care package coordinator for this event, for those of you who are planning on bringing contributions. He'll have his car, so be sure to load it down!! :wakawaka: :lmao: :birthday:
Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#197 diverb0b

diverb0b

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
  • Logged Dives:7000 +

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

Well everyone Im sorry to say that I wont be attending this weekend s show. My van s transmission broke down today and I m left without wheels ..seems like somewthing or someone is trying to keep me from meeting you guys and ggirls .Hope goes well for you all attending this years show

Bob
:usflag: :o
It will all be a memory tomorrow
I BE DIVING

#198 NJBerserker

NJBerserker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/ Nitrox/ DAN DEMP/ TDI Dive Medic
  • Logged Dives:~75

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

Sorry everyone for dropping off the face of the earth! I have had some computer issues. Due to a recent work thing I will be unable to attend tomorrow. I can come and help out saturday and sunday though. . . it's just looking like I won't be able to make either day until the pm. I apologize to everyone. . . as you know my BTS schedule is usually rock solid about 3 weeks ago, but things have gotten real crazy recently. Oh, my girlfriend will not be attending. . . she dumped me about 3 weeks ago :usflag:
Proud Member of the Cooper River "A-Team"

#199 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

Well everyone Im sorry to say that I wont be attending this weekend s show. My van s transmission broke down today and I m left without wheels ..seems like somewthing or someone is trying to keep me from meeting you guys and ggirls .Hope goes well for you all attending this years show

Bob
:canuckdiver: :canada:

Bob... here's what I have to say about that: DRAT!!! Next year for sure, OK????
We'll keep you posted on this year's stuff, and we'll miss meeting you! -cat fish

#200 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

Sorry everyone for dropping off the face of the earth! I have had some computer issues. Due to a recent work thing I will be unable to attend tomorrow. I can come and help out saturday and sunday though. . . it's just looking like I won't be able to make either day until the pm. I apologize to everyone. . . as you know my BTS schedule is usually rock solid about 3 weeks ago, but things have gotten real crazy recently. Oh, my girlfriend will not be attending. . . she dumped me about 3 weeks ago :canuckdiver:

Anthony! Hello! I am so glad to hear from you. Wench and I were just talking tonight about how we hoped we'd see the amazing NJBerserker.

Sat and Sun will be great for seeing our pal. We want you to stop by, no matter for how short. I will PHONE you with my cell phone to make sure you have it
to get in, OK?

Sorry about the girlfriend. She tossed a great fellow, that's all I can say. See you soon.... cat fish

#201 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:47 AM

Bob I hope to see you soon....you are very fun on the site!

Anthony...it was good to see you again even if you did worry me about being MIA for so long! LOL!!!

The show was great! I'll start an after trip report today! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#202 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:48 AM

Start of the official AFTER BTS HIGH LIGHT REPORT!!!

...coming soon!

(feel free to add your own commentary while I'm working on mine!) :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#203 Dave L

Dave L

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox/Decompression
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:08 AM

I have to say that I had wonderful time. The people I met, both single divers and people at the show, were very friendly and outgoing. Wreck Wench and Sassi really pulled the new people into the booth. Catfish saw to it that every thing ran smoothly and on time. Everyone that helped out pitched in to make it a fun and easy time. The Happy Hours were right next door. How convenient is that. Well, I must say, having Happy Hour in the hotel you are staying at really made it perfect. Only an elevator ride home. The show itself was like Christmas mornings were as a kid. I had to keep working at the booth to prevent myself from spending money at all the vendors.

Looking forward to DC if this is what the shows are like.

Dave

#204 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:39 AM

It was great to be part of this BTS weekend if only for Sat. afternoon..... enjoyed so much making contact with folks I've met last year, as well as new SD'ers. And it was as always, so much fun to daydream my way up and down the aisles....Thanks for making it a great success....

Susiq
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#205 Sassi

Sassi

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

I have to say that I had wonderful time. The people I met, both single divers and people at the show, were very friendly and outgoing. Wreck Wench and Sassi really pulled the new people into the booth. Catfish saw to it that every thing ran smoothly and on time. Everyone that helped out pitched in to make it a fun and easy time. The Happy Hours were right next door. How convenient is that. Well, I must say, having Happy Hour in the hotel you are staying at really made it perfect. Only an elevator ride home. The show itself was like Christmas mornings were as a kid. I had to keep working at the booth to prevent myself from spending money at all the vendors.

Looking forward to DC if this is what the shows are like.

Dave

I too had a wonderful time! It was great to see everyone again. :thankyou: I am just sorry I had to leave 2 hours earlier than I planned on (this may have been a blessing in disguise - think of all those enticing do-dads I could have bought at "discount" :-D ). Everyone did such a great job - no matter if you were working the booth or if you were helping out the BTS folks (thank you all for that!!!)

Dave - I should have stayed in the booth so **I** wouldn't spend so much money.....ah well; isn't that what we work for? To spend our money? :unsure:

Happy Hours in the hotel you are staying in are definitely a plus. I have to say - this was a GREAT happy hour :taz: :unsure: We had 25-30 people in our little area and many of them stayed for a quite a while. We got the food right this year - next year I'll have to remember to get the pitchers of beer before the line gets too long :wakawaka:

I'm sure WreckWench will fill us in on numbers and such, but it seemed to me that we were busier this year than last year

#206 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

it was great meeting a few of the folks at the show, and of course the blue haired wench!! I am so ready to go to Bonaire with everyone. I was there for a few hours on sunday and had several places to go to pick up some new toys. Next year I will have to plan to spend some more time there and help out. that way i won't spend so much!!

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#207 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:04 PM

BTS 2009: Wowie, What a Time!!
Hi Everyone. It's Friday nite, one week after the Opening of BTS 2009, and it's time I send you a "report." I got back home on Sun nite, and early Monday I had to go "back to reality" (the job), and that's kept me busy all week. But tonight is for catching up, so here goes ....
WORKERS: First of all, what an astounding team of workers we had! Honestly!! And to top it off, I can say without question that we all worked hard AND had fun! We had terrific support from the BTS staff as well, and it was great to work "next door" to them in adjacent booths.

Dan (aka ScubaTooth), Dave L (this is a stretch... his name is Dave), and Mike (aka Pheniox) showed up on Friday, and DID NOT STOP until Sunday. Obviously, they were terrific for SingleDivers.com but, more importantly, those three were critical forces in making Exhibits-Check In go smoothly for the BTS staff on Friday. When they weren't working for BTS, they were doing their thing at the SingleDivers.com booth. How 'bout that?? Thanks, Guys!! :wakawaka:

Amy (aka Barracuda Babe] also helped throughout the weekend. On Friday, she organized the booth and gave it a lot of class, then she came back again on the weekend after we messed everything up, tossing t-shirts here and there, and who knows what. She is pir8's partner (translation: LOVE). What a Smartie! By the way.... we had a serious discussion with pir8 at HH about the possibility of *BLING* no later than December 2009!! pir8 .... are you listening??? No pressure though, buddy!!

Bill (OTWDiver) did heavy lifting stuff on Fri and Sun. We like Sherpas. Thanks, Bill!!

Our gal with the terrific handle came to help: Grace (aka nobodyelsehasthis). BTS folks whisked her away right away to help with their Exhibitor lounge, but later we got her back to add beauty to the SingleDivers.com booth. Thank you, beautiful and tall Grace!!

Susan (aka Susiq) came to work on Saturday and stayed for HH, in spite of a busy weekend schedule. We were delighted to have her company, if only for one day.

Bruce (aka ScubaShafer) helped us out a bunch all weekend. Whatever we needed... he was there for us.

Bob (aka Fordan) worked the booth Sat and Sun. His expertise was invaluable, because he's done a bunch of trips. Bob was excellent!

Oh, and Eric (BottomDweller) and Jeff (Sparky103) were part of our SingleDivers.com team. We rounded things out with Sylvia (that's me, cat fish!), Carol (aka Sassi) and Kamala (WreckWench). GANG.... Did I miss anybody?? Help me out if I did, OK?? For sure, there was one guy that I did not know.

Between us, we literally had four decades of divers, all drawn together by a common goal. THANK YOU EVERYONE. You are all so very special!!! :P

PHOTOS and OPERATION CARE & SHARE: Dan (Scubatooth) took great photos, and he plans to share them when he gets a moment. We had lots of interesting stuff happen with Operation Care & Share. Wench and Dave L will fill us in on that. In the meantime, here's a Happy Hour photo of WreckWench and AnnMarie (BTS coordinator) to get the ball rolling....
Wench_AnneMarie.JPG

Edited by cat fish, 09 April 2009 - 05:26 PM.

#208 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:11 AM

Yikes, I almost forgot Bob (aka Fordan). No way will I forget The Big Guy. Thanks, Fordan...you're now on the list!!

#209 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

I was wondering about how our members did for Operation Care & Share! DaveL, how 'bout a report on how things developed, either in this thread or in the C & S thread? I'm sure the Dallas/Houston members wanna know if their challenge was met! :canuckdiver:
Posted Image

#210 Dave L

Dave L

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox/Decompression
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

Sorry for the delay in the report. Busy week. I have a lot of stuff spread all over my living room. Kamala is sending me the names and labels so I can get the boxes and custom forms from the post office to get everything ready. Everyone was very generous in donating. A number of vendors dropped off stuff on Sunday afternoon. This is my first time doing this so I'm a little slow. I expect to be able to have everything in the mail by the end of next week and can give you a much better and fuller report at that time.

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users