• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DC for meetings late October

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Quero

Quero

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor--I mostly dive where I live and work--SE Asia.
  • Logged Dives:Well, as an instructor, that number is very high, but counting strictly fun dives (pretty much all dives are fun, but I mean ones for which I'm not working), about 750.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:17 AM

I've got two days of meetings in Alexandria Virginia on Oct 24/25 (Fri/Sat). I normally have one free evening in there someplace--either Thursday evening or Saturday evening (Saturday's usually better). Last time I had the pleasure of meeting up with Brian while I was there. Brian's going to be on his Wakatobi/Pelagian trip then :teeth: but is there anybody else around who'd like to get together? :welcome:

Edited by Quero, 08 October 2008 - 01:18 AM.

Come dive with me in Thailand!

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:20 AM

Unfortunately I live a bit far from DC, though am fairly familliar with the area from assignments while in the Navy. Since there are several active DC SD members I feel sure you will find someone to join you while in town (country/hemisphere). :cheerleader: I must also confess to be envious of whomever is lucky enough to share time and stories with a pro DI from the land of Thai; it will doubtless prove a fascinating experience. Intrepid ladies such as yourself and Sheena aka weescot have earned my unabashed admiration.
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#3 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

I'll do some checking and see if some of the DC folks are free...grabbing a drink and chatting about diving is always fun.

#4 Quero

Quero

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Logged Dives:Well, as an instructor, that number is very high, but counting strictly fun dives (pretty much all dives are fun, but I mean ones for which I'm not working), about 750.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

I'll do some checking and see if some of the DC folks are free...grabbing a drink and chatting about diving is always fun.

Outstanding!

#5 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:56 PM

I've been working in DC (Alexandria) since early August, alternating weeks in St. Louis.

So far, it looks like the week of 20-24 is a St. Louis week - but I may be able to fix that.

IF (and it's BIG if) I'm there, Thursday nite is better, since I try to get home Friday PM every week.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#6 Quero

Quero

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:56 PM

I've been working in DC (Alexandria) since early August, alternating weeks in St. Louis.

So far, it looks like the week of 20-24 is a St. Louis week - but I may be able to fix that.

IF (and it's BIG if) I'm there, Thursday nite is better, since I try to get home Friday PM every week.

See how it goes and we'll take it from there :wakawaka:

#7 Quero

Quero

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

Well, now I'm here in the DC area (Alexandria). Meetings are over, so I'm leaving tomorrow, but if anybody is around this evening....

Edited by Quero, 25 October 2008 - 05:02 PM.

#8 French Frog

French Frog

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:CMAS 3* - TDI advance wreck, deco procedures...

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:46 AM

Too bad, I'll be in Alexandria in two weeks.
I hope that you enjoyed your stay there.

Take care.

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:59 AM

Well, now I'm here in the DC area (Alexandria). Meetings are over, so I'm leaving tomorrow, but if anybody is around this evening....

Sorry we missed you girl...being DEMA weekend I know several of our members were here in Vegas including DiverDen from the area! :teeth:

Let us know the next time you are Stateside! Hugs...ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#10 Quero

Quero

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:11 AM

Sorry we missed you girl...being DEMA weekend I know several of our members were here in Vegas including DiverDen from the area! :canuckdiver:

Let us know the next time you are Stateside! Hugs...ww

Will do. Next time is going to be sometime in late March in Denver. Hope to meet up with some of my Colorado buddies from the Bonaire trip while I'm there!

#11 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

Sorry I missed you.

#12 Quero

Quero

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:56 PM

Sorry I missed you.

No worries. I'll be back in DC in June, so maybe more people will be around at that time.

Q.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users