• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

04: NorthWest Dive & Travel Expo April 25th and 26th 2009

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#76 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

Alright, everything is confirmed. George is done his exams before the show so we will definitely be in attendance. I have already booked our room at the Murano. FYI, if anyone else is interested in booking at the Murano, they have extended their 20% off their room rate until the end of February (originally, you had to book by the end of January but this got extended...)

George, I and the tummy will see everyone in April!

That is awesome! Its been ENTIRELY too long since since we've seen you both! And I can't wait to see our future SD Baby! :taz:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#77 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

Here is another volunteer! I copied this from Kelly aka yeoman's thread looking for a PNW dive buddy.
Kelly, can you post in this thread to confirm if you can work the Expo, or if you're just available for the HH? Now that we're getting closer, we'll be hammering out the details soon!

Can't wait to meet you all in person at the Dive Expo and yes I can help with the PNW HH however my job consumes me most of the time, the emails just pile up on my workdays.

HH would have to be for me a Wednesdays or Thursday night s, I guess that's better than nothing.

Posted Image

#78 ch20diver

ch20diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:370

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

OK..did some scouting. The best choice so far looks like the Varsity Grill, it's a nice place and within walking distance of both Hotel Murano and the convention center.

Address: Varsity Grill
1114 Broadway
Tacoma, WA

The is also a great little bar/night club that is quite fun. You would have to drive to it. It is called Jazzbones..kinda trendy, but has some great bands. Just went and listen to a Blues band last weekend

Address: Jazzbones
2803 6th Ave
Tacoma, WA

There is also bar in the Hotel Murano, don't know how many people will be there, so it might be smaller.

I have committments on Friday the 23rd of April, but am free for the rest of the weekend.

Chris

#79 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

That sounds great...I went to Jazzbones and LOVED IT!!!

Sounds really good to me! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#80 yeoman

yeoman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Board Status:work on weekends :(
  • Cert Level:open water..........
  • Logged Dives:181

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

Here is another volunteer! I copied this from Kelly aka yeoman's thread looking for a PNW dive buddy.
Kelly, can you post in this thread to confirm if you can work the Expo, or if you're just available for the HH? Now that we're getting closer, we'll be hammering out the details soon!

Can't wait to meet you all in person at the Dive Expo and yes I can help with the PNW HH however my job consumes me most of the time, the emails just pile up on my workdays.

HH would have to be for me a Wednesdays or Thursday night s, I guess that's better than nothing.

Hey Guys

I know I can help on Friday; I just have to do some rearranging on Saturday and Sunday with the Sergeant, I’ll see what I can weasel out of him. I sure would hate to miss-out, I may have to use my back of calling in sick like“ my eyes hurt, I can’t see coming in today”

Cheers :rolleyes:

Kelly

Attached Thumbnails

• kellybw.jpg

Kelly
><((((°>
o

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Gandhi

#81 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

Works for us....let us know! Funny how I can just FEEL you not feeling good that weekend! :D

Hint: To upload that great picture as your AVATAR (the little picture next to your posts) go to MY CONTROLS and click on update AVATAR on the left and then follow the prompts to upload your picture! :rolleyes:

formerly...

#82 Bottom Time

Bottom Time

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster. Waiting to proceed to AI. Dive at the Seattle Aquarium.
  • Logged Dives:140

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

Not sure if I missed anything yet or if the plan is still in progress but I'm looking for specifics on when y'all want me (for the booth, Kamala!) The aquarium is asking for volunteers again for their booth and I figure I'll give them a couple hours as well since I'll be down there for SD. I'm committed to SD first though so let me know when you can use me.

Duncan

#83 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

Hi Duncan - I remember the aquarium from last year; they were right across from us :canuckdiver:

You should be getting a PM from me shortly.

Sassi aka Carol

Not sure if I missed anything yet or if the plan is still in progress but I'm looking for specifics on when y'all want me (for the booth, Kamala!) The aquarium is asking for volunteers again for their booth and I figure I'll give them a couple hours as well since I'll be down there for SD. I'm committed to SD first though so let me know when you can use me.

Duncan

#84 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:19 AM

Duncan

Duncan - check your email. I sent all Volunteers an email yesterday with a link to the PNW Discussion Forum, and the password, with a request that you post a reply in each of the 2 topics in the Forum. Are you not receiving emails? If not, you may want to check the email in your profile to see if it's the right one. I am not getting the emails kicked back to me......maybe my emails are considered spam by your ISP? Let me know! I can't post the password in the public forum, so we have to get it to you somehow, 'cuz we'd love to have you at the Expo helping!
Posted Image

#85 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:45 AM

Duncan

Hey Gorgeous...our booth this year will be as you first enter the show so probably not too close this year to the Aquarium. Since Sat is the busiest day and we are RIGHT IN FRONT...anytime or all the time you can as we'll be a very busy booth this year!

Basically I need you as much as you can offer up. Saturday more than Sunday...ASSUMING we have other volunteers for Sunday...see the private forum for those details! :thankyou:

formerly...

#86 Bottom Time

Bottom Time

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster. Waiting to proceed to AI. Dive at the Seattle Aquarium.
  • Logged Dives:140

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

I'm getting everyone's emails including a password to the special forum but every link I receive is a simple, generic link - takes me to the opening forum page.

Turns out coordinating the times with the aquarium may be tough. Given Kamala's last post and the fact that I'd like to hang for the Saturday night drinks - I can only stay til 6:30 though - I'll just plan on being there all day Saturday. I'll give the aquarium the time they need and spend the rest of the time with the cool kids at SD.com!

See you in a couple weeks,

Duncan

#87 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

I'm getting everyone's emails including a password to the special forum but every link I receive is a simple, generic link - takes me to the opening forum page.

Turns out coordinating the times with the aquarium may be tough. Given Kamala's last post and the fact that I'd like to hang for the Saturday night drinks - I can only stay til 6:30 though - I'll just plan on being there all day Saturday. I'll give the aquarium the time they need and spend the rest of the time with the cool kids at SD.com!

Duncan

That is strange...I have our cyberelves checking on it for you...

In the meantime thank you for all the help! We'll certainly need it! :cool2:

formerly...

#88 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:45 PM

Duncan

We look forward to seeing you too!

#89 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:07 PM

To read all about this show check HERE!

To SEE all about the show check HERE! (Coming Soon!)

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users