• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

08: CORAL SPAWNING in the FLORIDA KEYS Aug 10-15/16 FLOATING HOTEL!

• Please log in to reply
654 replies to this topic

#586 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

There have been some wicked cold bottom temps (low 70's) in the past week. We saw sawfish at the thermocline. Pack warm.

Thanks much for the report! How deep is the thermocline and how many sawfish did you see? Pls post photos!! LOL :D

Breezin,
How about I take a picture of you next to a sawfish and You can check your depth then :cool1:
I need to get off this computer and start :wakawaka: asap

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#587 Guest_Breezin_*

Guest_Breezin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:48 PM

There have been some wicked cold bottom temps (low 70's) in the past week. We saw sawfish at the thermocline. Pack warm.

Thanks much for the report! How deep is the thermocline and how many sawfish did you see? Pls post photos!! LOL :D

Breezin,
How about I take a picture of you next to a sawfish and You can check your depth then :cool1:
I need to get off this computer and start :wakawaka: asap

Bubski

I'm good with that! What kind of camera system do you have? :cool1:

#588 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

Breezin...
Camera System ? :D
Well lets just say its the Top of the Line in Arkansas :wakawaka:

Bubski

Amazon.com

#589 UP Diver

UP Diver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Board Status:Occasionally lurking on and off the board...
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:>150

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

Breezin...

Bubski

OK Mike -

Top of the line in Arkansas? Are you still diving with that Instamatic in a Ziploc bag? Inquiring minds want to know!

With humor, I remain -

UP Diver

"Well, my name is Jim...
but most people just call me - Jim."

Gene Wilder, Blazing Saddles

#590 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

Breezin...

Bubski

OK Mike -

Top of the line in Arkansas? Are you still diving with that Instamatic in a Ziploc bag? Inquiring minds want to know!

With humor, I remain -

UP Diver

O No,
I upgraded to the Snap Sights "Sports Flash" 110.. My Gawd this is the 20th Century Right ?

:cool1:

Amazon.com

#591 UP Diver

UP Diver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Board Status:Occasionally lurking on and off the board...
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:>150

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

OK Mike -

With humor, I remain -

UP Diver

[/quote]
O No,
I upgraded to the Snap Sights "Sports Flash" 110.. My Gawd this is the 20th Century Right ?

:wakawaka:

Bubs -
Kudos to your quick reply with huberis...

Actually, I am very jealous that you are going on the Spree. I have been on a "medical hold" since April. Had to drop out of Fiji trip and all since. Had surgery last week, was discharged from hospital on Saturday and got staples out today. Word is I will be able to dive again in six weeks or so. Likely will have to work my way back to condition to travel and dive again though.

I was planning to do Rescue Diver this summer, but you know the best laid plans can easily get shot to hell! I SO wanted to go the Krawl in August though!

Get some good shots with your Instamatic so I can live my August vicariously though your pics!

UP Diver aka Jim

"Well, my name is Jim...
but most people just call me - Jim."

Gene Wilder, Blazing Saddles

#592 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

Jim.
I hope you get better soon... Brother :cool2:
and..
I hope I get better at taking UW pic's soon..

BTW the Snap Sights! Cam is reusable.. O Ya.. and not for sale either lol

But the pic's will be available for free of course.. granted they come out :lmao:

Amazon.com

#593 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

Well I have a flash for my camera now so my pictures of fish swimming away should look better :cool2:

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#594 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

Well I have a flash for my camera now so my pictures of fish swimming away should look better :lmao:

:cool2: We have a thread for "best fish butt pictures". You'll have to post your best (worst?) effort! :twist:
Posted Image

#595 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

Well I have a flash for my camera now so my pictures of fish swimming away should look better :lmao:

:cool2: Butch, there's hope for you yet!
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#596 Randomizer

Randomizer

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water
  • Logged Dives:5 in Belize, Jamaica and fresh water locally

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

Is it too late to get in on the Cochran Dive Computer research?

#597 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

Is it too late to get in on the Cochran Dive Computer research?

I'm not sure how many WW has, but if you want to I will let you use mine. I am sure DAN is tired of my diving profiles, They must look at them and say why is this diver allowed to continue diving ? anyway they probably need some fresh divers to test, so no worries K. Everyone bring warm suits for colder than normal diving, just to add some insurance to your Fun.

Bubski

Amazon.com

#598 me2me2

me2me2

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:Hundreds.

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hi! A few questions I hope will either be answered or at least are read and considered.

1. I am recovering from a foot fracture. I'm 6 weeks out woohoo and got my clearance to go today but I need to 'baby' that foot a little so can I ask to have my tank/dive station assigned close to the exit to minimize the time I'm weight bearing with a tank?

(Bruce is awesome with ideas and knowledge and after the two days we are krawling in largo I'll have had enough time to really work out just what I'm comfortable with and not! Did I mention he's the bomb?)

2. Does the Spree have Nitrox 63 tanks? If so can I have one? Don't worry I can last a VERY long time on one! :-) How long are the dive windows?

3. Is there still a cochran computer available? I asked when I signed up but nothing was said and the request wasn't acknowledged. I would just like a redundant system if possible since my computer was just rebuilt after not registering altitude correctly in May in Honduras.

4. Just what is the thermostat set on in the living areas of the Spree? I'm a whimp and I don't really have room for a full pair of sweat pants so I'm just wondering if an extra towel to double as a blanket along with ALL my clothing piled on top will keep me warm enough at night. I'm just a WWW=Warm Weather Wimp is all and I'm just askin'. :cool2:

Thanks for any info!

See y'all Saturday, or uhm Monday on the Spree!

Myra

#599 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:52 AM

Hi! A few questions I hope will either be answered or at least are read and considered.

1. I am recovering from a foot fracture. I'm 6 weeks out woohoo and got my clearance to go today but I need to 'baby' that foot a little so can I ask to have my tank/dive station assigned close to the exit to minimize the time I'm weight bearing with a tank?

(Bruce is awesome with ideas and knowledge and after the two days we are krawling in largo I'll have had enough time to really work out just what I'm comfortable with and not! Did I mention he's the bomb?)

2. Does the Spree have Nitrox 63 tanks? If so can I have one? Don't worry I can last a VERY long time on one! :-) How long are the dive windows?

3. Is there still a cochran computer available? I asked when I signed up but nothing was said and the request wasn't acknowledged. I would just like a redundant system if possible since my computer was just rebuilt after not registering altitude correctly in May in Honduras.

4. Just what is the thermostat set on in the living areas of the Spree? I'm a whimp and I don't really have room for a full pair of sweat pants so I'm just wondering if an extra towel to double as a blanket along with ALL my clothing piled on top will keep me warm enough at night. I'm just a WWW=Warm Weather Wimp is all and I'm just askin'. :cool2:

Thanks for any info!

See y'all Saturday, or uhm Monday on the Spree!

Myra

Myra,

Two years ago I had a fracture of the 2nd metatarsal, I had about 8 weeks of healing time before I got on the Spree and went to the Flower Gardens. While I do remember going easy on it when I was moving from bench to splash off the boat, I would feel it as the boat rocked in the waves and you are shifting weight to keep balance, but the only time it hurt was the one and only time I jumped off the boat and forgot to fold the bad foot behind me. All other entries I had just jumped off boat and bent the knee of bad leg behind me, that worked very well.

The boat is usually pretty cool, I would find a way to squeeze those sweats into your bag.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#600 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:07 AM

Myra,

Since Keith answered 1 and 4, I'll tackle 2 and 3 for you.

On all my trips on the Spree, I have not seen a 63 tank. There is a Diver's Direct in Key Largo if you want to purchase a tank. Since our other members are having a hard time locating a larger tank to rent to take on the Spree, I think you may find it tough to locate a 63 rental.

The Cochran computers are available on request and it's pretty straight forward based on who requested it first. If Sandy missed something, I'm sure it will all be sorted out before we boarded. You also have 2 days in Key Largo to see if your computer will work or not. I used to have one that would turn on and off by itself until I got tire of dealing with it and got another one. Scubatoys have better prices than Diver's Direct on computers and if you need me to stop there to pick one up for you, let me know.

It's easier to put on more clothes when you are cold rather than stripping when you are hot.

Que :cool2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users