• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

08: CORAL SPAWNING in the FLORIDA KEYS Aug 10-15/16 FLOATING HOTEL!

• Please log in to reply
654 replies to this topic

#91 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:29 AM

:hiya: I NEED to go on this trip , so "Sign Me Up ; Punkie" Info the same but will remit shortly, 12 lbs and no food allergies :tears:
I would also be interested in renting a 100 Nitrox tank.

PS The intro says we're going to the Rusty on JULY 8th : How will we manage this ?
Time Warp Anyone ????

Any locals need another driver/gas buyer from the FLL/MCO area,,,Tampa,W Palm,,,etc :taz:

Jeff

Yo Sparky...are you going to be driving your own car? Do you need a ride or are you offering a ride? :lmao: Where is the FLL/MCO area, I know where Tampa and WPalm are, where the hell are you gonna be exactly and when?

A) Like I ever know Where, When or even Who I'll be on any given day OR time (Except when Mel says "Pools Open"...I know I'll be gett'in wet real soon)

2) Yankee living above Mason-Dixon line ,No I will NOT be driving down but I figgered I'd fly in to a more reasonable cheap mid Florida city and accompany some SD driver and help w/ driving;gas ;tolls; talk ; sing to them, whatever it takes or is requested :cool2:

D) FLL= Fort Lauderdale MCO = Orlando

WHEW !! Feel like I gave birth :lmao: ( Happy Mothers Day--U All Deserve It) ;)

Jeff

I would be willing to do this so I wouldn't have to worry about my baggage limit and have a vehicle for sight seeing. I plan on flying in MIA, FLL or wherever and renting a vehicle to drive down the Keys, diving along the way. ScubaPunk, do you have your airfare yet or are you watching the price until it drops?

As of right now, I am planning on driving. You are welcome to car pool with me.

#92 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:16 PM

I would be willing to do this so I wouldn't have to worry about my baggage limit and have a vehicle for sight seeing. I plan on flying in MIA, FLL or wherever and renting a vehicle to drive down the Keys, diving along the way. ScubaPunk, do you have your airfare yet or are you watching the price until it drops?

I would also be interested in car pooling, sharing rental car expense.

Glad to see you will be on the trip Phyllis.

Keith

That would be great! I thought you already had your flight booked to Key West.
Right now I am watching flights from Houston to Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Orlando is too far away.

Edited by cat fish, 19 February 2009 - 10:38 AM.

Phyllis

#93 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

Driving from Houston to Key West? Isn't that about 24 hours of actual driving time?
I don't think you want to be in a car for 24 hours with me. I'm not a long distance car rider/driver, so it wouldn't be pleasant.
Phyllis

#94 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:07 PM

Just wondering --- I sent money in weeks ago. Anything arrive?

Jeff

Did you send it Paypal or by check?

In my foggy brain -LOL- I sent it ----only to realize ( after checking my bank ) ...that I paid for the May trip 1st. ;) :cool2: :tears: :hiya:

This trip gets checks starting this month :lmao:

Sorry for the false alarm. The meds are definately kicking in now :lmao:

Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#95 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

FYI I may have to pull out of this trip, Im sorry :D :welcome: :canada: I want to do this trip but there will be another chance down the road and I will go on this trip then.

Depending on how things go this week as due to a medical problem that popped up I have been out of work since last Wednesday and depending on how it goes I may be out of work for a while, which doesnt make me happy. I ll explain more in the member status thread, but figured i would give yall a heads up.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#96 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:02 AM

FYI I may have to pull out of this trip, Im sorry :angry: :angry: :angry: I want to do this trip but there will be another chance down the road and I will go on this trip then.

Depending on how things go this week as due to a medical problem that popped up I have been out of work since last Wednesday and depending on how it goes I may be out of work for a while, which doesnt make me happy. I ll explain more in the member status thread, but figured i would give yall a heads up.

Tooth

I hope you get well soon...Let us know. You are still well within the window and I'm not sure you've sent your deposit or not. Thank you! k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#97 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:06 AM

Driving from Houston to Key West? Isn't that about 24 hours of actual driving time?
I don't think you want to be in a car for 24 hours with me. I'm not a long distance car rider/driver, so it wouldn't be pleasant.

Does this mean you are going on the trip??? :angry:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#98 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

Does this mean you are going on the trip??? :wakawaka:

Yes, I am going and watching flights either to MIA/FLL or to EYW (but am concerned about baggage restrictions to EYW).
Phyllis

#99 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

Yes, I am going and watching flights either to MIA/FLL or to EYW (but am concerned about baggage restrictions to EYW).

It seems ONLY Delta has the EXTREME baggage restrictions...however right now I can't find a good ticket price from either DFW or GSP...so I am now leaning towards flying into FLL or MIA and driving...who else is still considering that option?

formerly...

#100 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

WW

yeah AA has gone crazy on these fares. couple of weeks ago i looked at it and had a RT ticket DFW-MCO-MIA-EYW-MIA-DFW for right at 300 a/i. give it a little bit of time and they should come back down as right now they dont have any of the Deep Discount Economy seat buckets available

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#101 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

Payment Update:

1. Mike aka Bubble2Bubble ww got your cc payment for $150 + 3%non-cash convenience fee + tip you sent!! (You should be paid in full but I'll let our accountant verify when she's back in the office next week!) :wakawaka:

#102 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:13 AM

It seems ONLY Delta has the EXTREME baggage restrictions...however right now I can't find a good ticket price from either DFW or GSP...so I am now leaning towards flying into FLL or MIA and driving...who else is still considering that option?

I am in, or I guess on the same boat. Flying into EYW is ranging between 550 and 650, while I can find flights to and from MIA for around 300, FFL for slightly more. But.... of course getting to the boat from there will require car pooling or eat up the savings.

Important as I seemed to have people afraid of flying into Key West because of Delta's baggage issue.
Even if I fly Delta into EYW, I can make the weight and/or baggage restrictions, the issue I had before was not having a full understanding that 1 checked bag meant 1 checked bag and there was no being allowed to pay for an extra bag. I was able to stuff the contents of 2 bags into 1 and pay the overweight fee. At home , before getting to airport and having baggage rule explained to me, I was packing, I was trying to avoid the extra bag fee, once I realized I wouldn't make it, I started packing another bag because the extra bag fee was less than the overweight fee. I started throwing in stuff that wasn't necessary, but as long as I had room, why not take it in case I need it. Then when I was at airport, not enough time to get back to my vehicle, I found out the no extra bag on Delta flights to EYW, I was still was under 70 #'s. So I can trim a few pounds off the luggage if I fly Delta, not a big deal, just need to be aware of it.

I will wait a while to book flight in hopes that we can get together to car pool from MIA or FFL to Key West. If not I will probably fly into EYW, it is easy and you are all ready there, no worries.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#103 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

I'm rethinking the idea about driving for this trip. So I think we all need to fly into the same airport and rent a big a u-haul or something to take us down to key west.

#104 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

I'm picturing a bunch of divers huddling together in the back of a U-Haul moving van, with all their gear! Remember the brass band in Home Alone?? :thankyou:
Posted Image

#105 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:59 PM

I'm rethinking the idea about driving for this trip. So I think we all need to fly into the same airport and rent a big a u-haul or something to take us down to key west.

It does look like a long drive.

The flights I am seeing for me do not land in MIA or FLL until 3:00 pm, I do not know if that is too late for everyone, or if that is par for the course for everyone.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users