• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

10: HALLOWEEN Single's Week Cozumel! Oct 28-Nov1

• Please log in to reply
804 replies to this topic

#766 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:10 AM

I have a "dumb" question. Probably the first of many I'll ask...but, since I am getting in on the 27th and spending 5 nights in Cozy, with 4 days of diving - starting on the 28th - who am I diving with on the 28th? Are most arriving on the 28th to start diving on the 29th? Are the persons who are coming for longer than the base trip (like me) doing their extra day (s) diving prior to the 28th or after the 1st of November?

Also, is there a night diving certification that I should have taken prior to this trip. Never have done a night dive before is my OW cert cool?

Hey irok99 I will be arriving the 27th and had planned to work to get ready for the trip but can dive if needed. I do believe some others are arriving the 27th as well so you'll be in good hands.

As for doing the night dive cert...you are in luck! We have an instructor on the trip and he would love to do your night dive cert for you. I wish I had done my first night dive with an instructor vs with some 'friends'...the latter was a very poor choice on my part and to this day after almost 2000 dives I still do not like night dives. I do them but I don't like them. So suffice it to say you are making the right decision to get the cert while on the trip and when we do the group night dive. Actually you will do several dives with your instructor as part of the cert so I'll finalize the price for you but I think its $150 plus $25 cash to the instructor for the c-card. There are so many things to consider in a night dive and the class will comfortably go over all of them with you PLUS allow you to dive with an instructor while doing your first awesome night dives. :thankyou:

I'll finalize the price. Have you done your AOW yet? I'm guessing not if you have not done a night dive yet. You should consider getting both together...or at least by doing the night cert you will have one of your required dives for AOW completed! :respect:

Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#767 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2 dozen or more

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:29 PM

I have a "dumb" question. Probably the first of many I'll ask...but, since I am getting in on the 27th and spending 5 nights in Cozy, with 4 days of diving - starting on the 28th - who am I diving with on the 28th? Are most arriving on the 28th to start diving on the 29th? Are the persons who are coming for longer than the base trip (like me) doing their extra day (s) diving prior to the 28th or after the 1st of November?

Also, is there a night diving certification that I should have taken prior to this trip. Never have done a night dive before is my OW cert cool?

Hey irok99 I will be arriving the 27th and had planned to work to get ready for the trip but can dive if needed. I do believe some others are arriving the 27th as well so you'll be in good hands.

As for doing the night dive cert...you are in luck! We have an instructor on the trip and he would love to do your night dive cert for you. I wish I had done my first night dive with an instructor vs with some 'friends'...the latter was a very poor choice on my part and to this day after almost 2000 dives I still do not like night dives. I do them but I don't like them. So suffice it to say you are making the right decision to get the cert while on the trip and when we do the group night dive. Actually you will do several dives with your instructor as part of the cert so I'll finalize the price for you but I think its $150 plus $25 cash to the instructor for the c-card. There are so many things to consider in a night dive and the class will comfortably go over all of them with you PLUS allow you to dive with an instructor while doing your first awesome night dives. :blond:

I'll finalize the price. Have you done your AOW yet? I'm guessing not if you have not done a night dive yet. You should consider getting both together...or at least by doing the night cert you will have one of your required dives for AOW completed! :teeth:

Kamala

Hi all, I am already here and am on the boat tomorrow with Scott. There is no worries finding a dive buddy, we are here and already warming up the water. Check with me when you get in I am in room 131.

George aka diveteacher

Kamala, if you need anything done drop me a pm and I will see what I can do......For a slight fee...of course

" Piracy, A hostile takover without the paperwork"•

"All it takes to fly is to hurl yourself at the ground... And miss." -Douglas Adams

#768 justscuba

justscuba

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

As for doing the night dive cert...you are in luck! We have an instructor on the trip and he would love to do your night dive cert for you. I wish I had done my first night dive with an instructor vs with some 'friends'...the latter was a very poor choice on my part and to this day after almost 2000 dives I still do not like night dives. I do them but I don't like them. So suffice it to say you are making the right decision to get the cert while on the trip and when we do the group night dive. Actually you will do several dives with your instructor as part of the cert so I'll finalize the price for you but I think its $150 plus $25 cash to the instructor for the c-card. There are so many things to consider in a night dive and the class will comfortably go over all of them with you PLUS allow you to dive with an instructor while doing your first awesome night dives. :blond:

I'll finalize the price. Have you done your AOW yet? I'm guessing not if you have not done a night dive yet. You should consider getting both together...or at least by doing the night cert you will have one of your required dives for AOW completed! :teeth:

Kamala

Hi all, I am already here and am on the boat tomorrow with Scott. There is no worries finding a dive buddy, we are here and already warming up the water. Check with me when you get in I am in room 131.

George aka diveteacher

Kamala, if you need anything done drop me a pm and I will see what I can do......For a slight fee...of course

George.....George....how are you warming up the water??????

Marty....see you soon

#769 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2 dozen or more

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

Kamala

George aka diveteacher

George.....George....how are you warming up the water??????

Marty....see you soon

you know.........the usual way......i run hot water from my shower into a glass and go throw it into the ocean......How do you warm the water???

" Piracy, A hostile takover without the paperwork"•

"All it takes to fly is to hurl yourself at the ground... And miss." -Douglas Adams

#770 irok99

irok99

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:21

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

Kamala

Thanks, I think I would consider doing the AOW, while on this trip. Can you look into it for me too?

#771 irok99

irok99

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:21

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

Kamala

George aka diveteacher

Thanks George! I'll probably be rolling in around 7pm on Tuesday night!

#772 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

FYI, I am also on island. George you have my hotel info. Look for me in central Sq Sunday & Monday nite 8 ish.
Water temp 84* @ 100 feet today. Mostly sunny 87*. Beer Ice Cold.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#773 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

Thanks, I think I would consider doing the AOW, while on this trip. Can you look into it for me too?

Sent you an email to tell you your instructor is ready for doing the Night Cert and AOW if you want both of them. AOW will do (1) night dive plus a lot of other training types of dives like navigation, deep, etc. You then get to choose what other types of dives you want to be exposed too like photography, peak bouyancy etc. Some are suited for a traveling dive trip and some are not. Marty aka JustScuba is the instructor and will be prepared for you either way. I will give you your email so you can work out the final details tomorrow. Cool! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#774 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

In addition to your school supplies and halloween costume contest...don't forget the small print on your waiver that says to bring a sealed envelope with your real name and screen name on the outside and the following in the inside:

1. List of any allergies
2. List of any medical conditions a doctor should know about you IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO SPEAK FOR YOURSELF and I have to do it for you.
3. List of any meds you are on...how much you are taking and where you keep your prescrition should you be unable to speak. (Telling your roomie is also a good idea as well.)
4. Copy of passport in case you lose it (Been there done that and the copy saved proverbial b*u*t*t!)
5. Copy of your c-card, insurance card, diving insurance card, etc.
6. List of emergency contacts that you want called or notified in the event of accident or illness.

Yes some of this is a repeat of what we ask for on the forms but this envelope will have EVERYTHING in one place, and will be returned to you after the trip...just remind me!

Thank you! kamala

p.s. because they are helpers...I have Heidi aka uwfan and Tammy aka landlocked dive nut's envelopes from previous trips this year.

formerly...

#775 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:53 AM

Thanks for the report Stan. I like it. :D See ya in a couple days.
Clint

#776 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:48 AM

LAST ONE THERE IS A SEA CUCUMBER!!!!!!!
:D :thankyou: :thankyou: - D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#777 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

Guess what?

Posted Image
The photo sticks are in....

Silver
Blue
Purple

I will bring some of each color...they are only $20 so get them while they last! :D

p.s. They all have a stainless steel ring on them for easy attaching to your bc or other.

Edited by ScubaPunk, 26 October 2009 - 01:25 PM.

formerly...

#778 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:23 PM

Payment Update:

Scott aka BackAtIt: Received your payment for $55.00 for extra night! :thankyou:

Stan aka scubaski: Received your payment for $180.00! :D

Lauren LaurenfromSoCal: Received your payment for $1034! :thankyou:

#779 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

Guess what?

Posted Image
The photo sticks are in....

Silver
Blue
Purple

I will bring some of each color...they are only $20 so get them while they last! :D

p.s. They all have a stainless steel ring on them for easy attaching to your bc or other.

Put a blue or purple one aside for me please.

#780 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

FYI, I emailed Lil' Mermaid's waiver as a PDF this am. Please let me know if this was ok, or if you need me to fax it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users