• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

"‘Dive Into the Past" Twin Cities Shipwreck & Scuba Show

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

The 10th annual "Dive Into the Past" Twin Cities Shipwreck & Scuba Show

Saturday, February 28, 2009
9 AM – 6 PM at the Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center, Mounds View, MN.

The Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society organizes this event. Featured presentations include: “The CSS HUNLEY,” the first submarine to sink a warship, by Ralph Wilbanks and Harry Pecorelli, divers with Clive Cussler’s NUMA team who found the sunken vessel and “TITANIC’s Last Secrets,” by renowned technical diver Richie Kohler, who dove the famous wreck with John Chatterton in a submersible. Other presentations include: “Rum Running and Red Lights on the Lakes” by talented author and maritime historian Fred Stonehouse; The “Story of the CITIES of SERVICE EMPIRE” sunk off Florida during WWII by U-Boat 128, by technical diver Richard Dreher; “History Beneath the Waves: Shipwrecks and Archaeology at the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary,” by underwater archaeologist and technical diver Russ Green; and “Shipwrecks along Lake Superior’s North Shore,” by diver and author Steve Daniel.

Discover Rebreathers (with Richie Kohler) and free Discover SCUBA, both in the hotel pool are a new addition to the program. Shipwreck diving technique seminars and PSI inspection classes will also be available. Informal presentations will take place during Friday Night at the Movies in the adjacent AmericInn hotel. See www.glsps.org for more information.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

The 10th annual "Dive Into the Past" Twin Cities Shipwreck & Scuba Show

Saturday, February 28, 2009
9 AM – 6 PM at the Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center, Mounds View, MN.

The Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society organizes this event. Featured presentations include: “The CSS HUNLEY,” the first submarine to sink a warship, by Ralph Wilbanks and Harry Pecorelli, divers with Clive Cussler’s NUMA team who found the sunken vessel and “TITANIC’s Last Secrets,” by renowned technical diver Richie Kohler, who dove the famous wreck with John Chatterton in a submersible. Other presentations include: “Rum Running and Red Lights on the Lakes” by talented author and maritime historian Fred Stonehouse; The “Story of the CITIES of SERVICE EMPIRE” sunk off Florida during WWII by U-Boat 128, by technical diver Richard Dreher; “History Beneath the Waves: Shipwrecks and Archaeology at the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary,” by underwater archaeologist and technical diver Russ Green; and “Shipwrecks along Lake Superior’s North Shore,” by diver and author Steve Daniel.

Discover Rebreathers (with Richie Kohler) and free Discover SCUBA, both in the hotel pool are a new addition to the program. Shipwreck diving technique seminars and PSI inspection classes will also be available. Informal presentations will take place during Friday Night at the Movies in the adjacent AmericInn hotel. See www.glsps.org for more information.

Anybody have mukluks I can borrow?

If you want to whack anybody - check out mafia wars on myspace - and yes, Rocco is recruiting
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#3 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

I do, in fact own Steger mukluks. Just wore them to the pond hockey championships on Sunday. My feet were toasty warm standing on the frozen lake in the blazing 6 degree F heat wave. I'm sorry tho, you can't borrow them as you'll stretch out the moose hide. :clapping:
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#4 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:30 PM

I do, in fact own Steger mukluks. Just wore them to the pond hockey championships on Sunday. My feet were toasty warm standing on the frozen lake in the blazing 6 degree F heat wave. I'm sorry tho, you can't borrow them as you'll stretch out the moose hide. :diver:

It's okay Lynn, he wants to wear them on his feet, not his head...

Or did I say too much? :clapping:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#5 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

I do, in fact own Steger mukluks. Just wore them to the pond hockey championships on Sunday. My feet were toasty warm standing on the frozen lake in the blazing 6 degree F heat wave. I'm sorry tho, you can't borrow them as you'll stretch out the moose hide. :P

Or did I say too much? :lmao:

Ouch... I think.

Is anyone heading to this grand event?
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#6 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

I do, in fact own Steger mukluks. Just wore them to the pond hockey championships on Sunday. I'm sorry tho, you can't borrow them as you'll stretch out the moose hide. :P

Ouch... I think.

Lynn - you were correct - I'd stretch them out with my feet.

Brad - big hands, big feet.... eat your heart out.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#7 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

I do, in fact own Steger mukluks. Just wore them to the pond hockey championships on Sunday. I'm sorry tho, you can't borrow them as you'll stretch out the moose hide. :P

Ouch... I think.

Attached Thumbnails

• 61.gif

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#8 TRINITY

TRINITY

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Cert Level:Master
  • Logged Dives:1040

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

I do, in fact own Steger mukluks. Just wore them to the pond hockey championships on Sunday. My feet were toasty warm standing on the frozen lake in the blazing 6 degree F heat wave. I'm sorry tho, you can't borrow them as you'll stretch out the moose hide. :o

Or did I say too much? :teeth:

Ouch... I think.

Is anyone heading to this grand event?

I normally make it each year, have had the pleasure of knowning and diving with Ken Merryman for more then a dozen years. Now I run my own boat to Isle Royale, but have been happy to move down the dock to make room for the "Heyboy" even at 11 o'cock at night. Still makes me smile to hear, "you going to move or what" over the radio in the darkness and remoteness of the northern end of Isle Royale, knowing you've got to climb out of that warm cuddy to the chill of the night air. Met Mr. Stonehouse above the Emperor, another delightful guy, see why his books are as good as they are with that natural born storyteller. This year I will be down in Cozy, will have to wait till summer to see those guys, will miss the talks though. Terry

#9 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:59 AM

I wish I could make it. I have a 9 week old puppy that I am trying to teach some manners to.

Edited by MNJoe, 29 January 2009 - 08:01 AM.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#10 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:29 AM

Big socks and big gloves? :birthday:

#11 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

I wish I could make it. I have a 9 week old puppy that I am trying to teach some manners to.

I saw the pic on another thread, what a cutie.

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hmm.... a dive show and a fairly inexpensive ticket from DFW to MSP... :wakawaka:

Anyone able to pick up and drop off a 'wench' at MSP?
Got a couch I can crash on?
Wanna go to the dive show with me?
Wanna do a Happy Hour AFTER the show for local area members plus anyone who we might recruit at the show to join us? :wakawaka:

Ok ok...gotta get back to work and stop day dreaming of such exotic dive destinations covered by snow....:wacko:

On the other hand...

I could easily see myself doing this??? :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

Can you get a sitter for 1 day????? :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#14 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

Ouch. Miss a day (okay, three days) and miss a lot. I think.

Is this an argument? Am I an idiot? Can passersby tell the difference?? :wakawaka: Please do NOT answer this.

Is it true MN icefishermen protect themselves from bear attacks by kicking them in the ice hole?

So many questions... so little intellect. :wakawaka:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#15 TRINITY

TRINITY

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Cert Level:Master
  • Logged Dives:1040

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

Hey Kamala,
I dont get back from Cozy till the shows close to over, but you could crash at my place, and not just on the couch, on your own queen wench size bed. Happy hour sounds dandy too, cant pick you up, but I can drop you, (like the wench you are), LMAO! , at MSP when its all over, so there! Terry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users