• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dallas area Happy Hour

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#136 DIVERS_DO_IT_DEEPER

DIVERS_DO_IT_DEEPER

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hello fellow divers...I just joined and wanted to know if a HH is planned for Dallas in March. Can't wait to meet everyone and swap a few stories.

DDID

Attached Thumbnails

• Black_Grouper_7607.jpg

#137 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

Hi DDID! We may not pull one in Dallas together so soon after the 2/28 HH.....but we definitely want to have regularly scheduled HH's from this point on!

I'd love to have someone step forward & volunteer to be the permanent Dallas HH Planner (or in any other metro area, for that matter!), to work with me on future HH's. Basically, it will entail selecting a date (hoping for 45-60 days out so we can take advantage of some free marketing), selecting a central venue & then arranging with the venue for a group. Once those are decided, A new Dallas HH thread should be started, and I can shoot out Email invitations to all members who show Dallas as their HH location in their profile. There are other things that can draw new divers to our HH, and hopefully into SD membership.....ads on Craigslist, free ads in local publications, using your Match.com, etc.

Love the grouper pic!
Posted Image

#138 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hey DDID! Welcome!!! We did just have a HH about 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping to wrangle up another one around Tax Day, perhaps the Saturday right before. All we need is a good reason to get together, and you're it!! The last HH was my "welcome back to Texas" party.

Where in the Dallas area do you live? N? S? E? W? Even a get-together of five peeps will result in you knowing four more SD divers than you did!! :wakawaka:

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#139 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

Do I have a volunteer, Victoria? :wakawaka: Easy enough to plan the HH's in Dallas, AND deal with the Troop Care packages!
Posted Image

#140 TCdamsel

TCdamsel

Angel & Charter SD Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Board Status:Planning my next dive trip!
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

I think there is another thread I am supposed to post this on, but I'm new to SD and will be in Dallas from Monday, March 23 through Saturday, March 28. I'll be staying with my dad in Highland Park near Whole Foods. I realize y'all just had a HH, but several of you (Platypus Man & WW) thought it might be fun for a few people to get together for me to meet and say hello :wakawaka: sometime that week.
Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.Benjamin E. Mays

Have a question...get an answer. Email: angels@singledivers.com

#141 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:16 AM

I think there is another thread I am supposed to post this on, but I'm new to SD and will be in Dallas from Monday, March 23 through Saturday, March 28. I'll be staying with my dad in Highland Park near Whole Foods. I realize y'all just had a HH, but several of you (Platypus Man & WW) thought it might be fun for a few people to get together for me to meet and say hello :birthday: sometime that week.

And we STILL DO!!!! That might work out perfectly....you and our new member! Tammy...can you and Victoria help to get this going? Does this work for everyone? I can also be there when Ellen is in town... :wakawaka:

p.s. Gotta love your screen name DIVERS_DO_IT_DEEPER....would you be willing to help with HH's in the local area? I think we could get at least one other gal to help and we really need at least two or even 3 for an area as big as the DFW area...we'd :birthday: the help! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users