• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

06: Divi Bonaire SINGLE'S WEEK! Jun 20-27, 09

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#421 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:19 PM

Great news, Sam!! Cass, aka Hammered Head, is hooking up with Jerry, Dave & Theresa at the airport in Newark, and she asked me tonight if I knew if you had worked everything out or not. PM Cass tonight or tomorrow, and she'll send you her cell # so you can hook up at the terminal while waiting for your redeye fllight.
Posted Image

#422 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:09 PM

... if anyone departing on Saturday night from Newark wants to meet. we are going to meet at a watering hole near the gate. PM me and i'll give you my cell nember and you can send me a text or call when we all get there for a pre-flight HH. ...
jerry
:wakawaka: :teeth: :cheerleader:

I worked out my passport issues and am actually going to be able to make this trip. I've been working 14 hour days and haven't even packed yet. Talk about pushing my luck. The last month has been one of the most hectic of my life. I'm going to need this vacation!!

I'm flying out of Newark and will certainly be happy to meet up for a beverage or two... or 7. Looking forward to doing some diving! See everyone Saturday!

That is such a relief! We were getting worried about you. :respect:

#423 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:14 AM

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES FROM BONAIRE:

1. We are on the island after several travel hiccups but as with all hiccups you get over them soon and you are fine when you are done! (Or after a few Bright's or Polars!) :teeth:

2. The resort uses a locker system and you share 2 people per locker...your roommate will be your locker buddy. If you are doing a single room you will share a locker with another s/o. (I'll post the names in the private forum a bit later.)

3. You will need a shared lock for the lockers....combo or key but one that each person can use or access. Lockers will be assigned to you when you check in. (We are working on that so it will all be ready by the time you get here.)

4. If you do not have a lock or can not get one in time before the trip they do sell locks here at the resort. Maybe some of you will bring an extra one to share with your new friends...but no matter what it will all work out!

5. FORMS...to speed up the orientation process as well as the dive check in procedures...I'm attaching the forms for the dive shop for you to download and bring with you. If you can't bring them with you we'll have extra copies in the lobby when you arrive for check in. There are 2 forms you'll need to fill out. Fill them out as best as you can and DON'T FORGET YOUR C-CARDS INCLUDING NITROX IF YOU ARE DIVING NITROX!

6. And speaking of Nitrox...the resort has done an amazing job of 'pulling out all the stops' to get MORE NITROX for us on the island. (Seems my original email with how many were diving nitrox was not rec'd from Fiji and so they had to 'wing' the numbers who were using it.) :thankyou: However the resort has done an awesome job in working every angle to get more gas for us. I'll have more details in the special forum but I wanted everyone to know that the shortage issues were not the resort's fault. :respect: and they have done everything imaginable to help us! :diver:

7. If anyone is flying DAE be aware that they are inter-island transport primarily and so do not have large weight allowances. In fact the total weight allowance is 46 pounds or 20 kilos TOTAL. So that means if you brought 2 bags 50# each then you will be paying overage fees on the 54 extra pounds which will run you about $40US. (One possible caveat...they did not weight our hand carry bags and while you are still limited to 1 bag and 1 personal item...the more heavy stuff you can slip into them the better off you'll be.)

8. Don't forget your school supplies! We'll be meeting with the school's principal on Friday to deliver the supplies!

9. Don't forget the costume contest! I am still working on prizes but it should be a great time and the resort is looking forward to it!

10. TRANSFERS....If you are arriving on the CO or Delta flights DIRECT into Bonaire your transfers have been prearranged. If you are arriving via DAE and we did NOT receive the DAE details or you are on another flight due to delays or cancellations (like OTWDiver and myself) then your transfer may not be waiting for you. HOWEVER NO PROBLEM....simply ask any taxi driver to call you another driver and that driver will take you to the resort. The resort knows you are on a pkg that includes transfers so ask the driver to come WITH YOU to the front desk to get his payment. (The taxi drop off is almost part of the lobby so that is not a problem to do.) The front desk will then pay the driver for you. WORST CASE SCENARIO...you pay the driver and we'll refund you!

If we rec'd your flight details you should see OTWDiver and/or myself in the lobby when you arrive. We'll help you get checked in, answer questions, do a brief overview of how the week will work and give you an agenda.

See you all soon! -ww

Attached Files

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#424 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:16 AM

... if anyone departing on Saturday night from Newark wants to meet. we are going to meet at a watering hole near the gate. PM me and i'll give you my cell nember and you can send me a text or call when we all get there for a pre-flight HH. ...
jerry
:diver: :diver: :respect:

I worked out my passport issues and am actually going to be able to make this trip. I've been working 14 hour days and haven't even packed yet. Talk about pushing my luck. The last month has been one of the most hectic of my life. I'm going to need this vacation!!

I'm flying out of Newark and will certainly be happy to meet up for a beverage or two... or 7. Looking forward to doing some diving! See everyone Saturday!

That is such a relief! We were getting worried about you. :teeth:

YEA!!! SAM!!!!

You are making it!!! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#425 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:21 PM

Im on the ground in aruba after traveling for nearly 24 hours. I have good news and i have not so good news. Good news is that im here and one step away from bonaire. Bad news is that my bags are still in miami and its going to be 24 hours atleast till they get here (TSA decided to "rescreen and hold them" with out a reason to the airline). Needless to say im not a happy camper about that as I only have clothes for about a day and no dive or swim gear :thankyou:.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#426 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

Sorry, Dan. You should always, always, always take a swim suit in your carryon! If nothing else, you can sit on the beach with an adult beverage until your gear catches up to you!
Posted Image

#427 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:31 PM

I dont have a swimsuit persay but I can get wet. Hmm that adult beverage sounds good right about now... Duty free shop or bar hmmm need to kill two hours still I may just take that bar. oh bTW the aruba airport does have wifi for free which is good.

well if it comes down to it I will buy a swimsuit and rash guard and American and TSA can reimburse me for it, if the trip insurance doesnt beat them to the punch.

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#428 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:33 PM

And if I remember, they sell swimwear in the dive shop. If not there, its a short walk to town where you could get something that would work.

Same thing happened to me on the Belize trip. For me, I did have a suit, but no toiletries. Found a decent store for those in San Pedro that saved me on that count, and Continental reinbursed me those costs.

#429 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:33 PM

Hmm that adult beverage sounds good right about now...

Now you're talkin'!

See you in the morning! Like, very early! :thankyou:
Posted Image

#430 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

And if I remember, they sell swimwear in the dive shop. If not there, its a short walk to town where you could get something that would work.

Same thing happened to me on the Belize trip. For me, I did have a suit, but no toiletries. Found a decent store for those in San Pedro that saved me on that count, and Continental reinbursed me those costs.

Well fortunately for me I did pack a tooth brush, deodorant, my rasor, and a swimmers towel so i atleast have that (that and my camera, laptop and some other misc electronics that i never check). I have some clothes (t-shirt, boxers) as I had planned on taking a shower this moning at that airport but didnt have a chance to. I may be scatter brained but i do have some of the essintials with me to get me through a day or so. now dive gear is a seperate story, i may rent it from the resort and then get reimbursed for it along with incidentals by trip insurance, AA, etc

#431 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

4. If you do not have a lock or can not get one in time before the trip they do sell locks here at the resort. Maybe some of you will bring an extra one to share with your new friends...but no matter what it will all work out

How big or small a lock do you need? I have 2 combos I will bring which work in my gym size lockers at GOLD"S. I can lend out 1. Perhaps your LUGGAGE TSA approved locks will work in a bind??? Is the locker room open to all or just resort people? how secure in general?
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

• Guests

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

I ran into a problem that hopefully nobody else experiences. While trying to find the gate to show up at I found out that I had no ticket at all. Apparently either Orbitz or CO decided to cancel my entire itinerary. The Orbitz site said I was confirmed on all flights but in fact I had no tickets at all. I suggest everyone flying through Orbitz or on Continental verbally verify ASAP they have a seat. It me an hour but I got my seats back... finally. This was probably an incident isolated to how I got these tickets but its not worth risking so if you are using Orbitz or flying CO you might want to check verbally and don't trust their websites.

#433 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

You all have a Great time!!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#434 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:31 PM

4. If you do not have a lock or can not get one in time before the trip they do sell locks here at the resort. Maybe some of you will bring an extra one to share with your new friends...but no matter what it will all work out

How big or small a lock do you need? I have 2 combos I will bring which work in my gym size lockers at GOLD"S. I can lend out 1. Perhaps your LUGGAGE TSA approved locks will work in a bind??? Is the locker room open to all or just resort people? how secure in general?

I used one of the Master combo locks last year and it was a perfect fit! and the best part was I didn't have to worry about losing the key :thankyou:

#435 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

Have a great trip - I love Bonaire!
Known puker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users