• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

12: MONA Island SINGLE'S WEEK on Nekton Dec 12-19, 09

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

FAQ - check here often!

Q. What is the actual transfer fee from the airport to the boat and back?
A. It is $125 round trip or $62.50 each way.

What's the transfer fee if you fly into Mayaguez?

I will verify but I think you just take your own taxi as I get the impression the boat leaves out of Mayaguez! I will double check and let you know!

Thanks! Right now doing a connection from San Juan to Mayaguez is cheaper than $125. However, that may change before I am able to commit and make a reservation.

ANSWER...

The Mayaquez airport is about a 10-15 minute taxi to the boat so no more than $20 and most likely less. So this is a great option! I hope the fligths are still cheap!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 Rumblebee

Rumblebee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Tec 45 / Intro Cave / Sidemount Diver
  • Logged Dives:N/A

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:10 PM

:2cool: SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2cool:

Double Occupancy
Nitrox - Yes
Rental Gear - No
Cochran - No
Milestones/Special Events - Possibly Dive #100
Shuttle - Return Trip Only (Mayaguez to San Juan)
Flight Details -
Sat 12DEC DELTA 423 LV ATLANTA 1100A AR SAN JUAN PR 334P
Sat 12DEC CAPE AIR 43 LV SAN JUAN PR 610P AR MAYAGUEZ PR 645P
Sat 19DEC DELTA 424 LV SAN JUAN PR 321P AR ATLANTA 620P

$500 Deposit + $195.00 Nitrox + $20.85 PayPal Fee sent today via PayPal.

Matt aka Rumblebee

:teeth: :birthday: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)

#48 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:14 AM

:2cool: SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2cool:

Double Occupancy
Nitrox - Yes
Rental Gear - No
Cochran - No
Milestones/Special Events - Possibly Dive #100
Shuttle - Return Trip Only (Mayaguez to San Juan)
Flight Details -
Sat 12DEC DELTA 423 LV ATLANTA 1100A AR SAN JUAN PR 334P
Sat 12DEC CAPE AIR 43 LV SAN JUAN PR 610P AR MAYAGUEZ PR 645P
Sat 19DEC DELTA 424 LV SAN JUAN PR 321P AR ATLANTA 620P

$500 Deposit + $195.00 Nitrox + $20.85 PayPal Fee sent today via PayPal.

Matt aka Rumblebee

:cool1: :2cool: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

WOW!!!! You make my job soooo much easier! :cool1:

#49 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

Payment Update:

1. Matt aka Rubblebee: Received your payment in the amount of $715.85! :cool1:

#50 SeaLioness

SeaLioness

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

Hi,
I would like to be added to the VERY INTERESTED list for this trip... too early to commit yet.

Wendy, aka SeaLioness of Minnesota
--
SeaLioness of MN

#51 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

Hi,
I would like to be added to the VERY INTERESTED list for this trip... too early to commit yet.

Wendy, aka SeaLioness of Minnesota

I'll put you on the list. Hope you can make it.

#52 ddiver1

ddiver1

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

Hey everyone...I did the Mona island trip on the Nekton Pilot this past January 2009.Here is a link to my pics from the trip
http://www.photoworks.com/photo-sharing/shareSignin.jsp?shareCode=AD5D1A2C784&cp=ems_shr_alb_pml&cb=PW
Overall this trip was outstanding. I have done several live-aboards...the Pilot is not as luxurious as some, but clean and functional. The food was good but not great, the cook could do alot more with the stuff she had. The captain and dive crew were outstanding in all respects. Nitrox...They have a LIMITED number of nitrox slots available, I think 10. first come first serve. I missed out. The dive deck is great for entry, but the exit can be very challenging as most of the time they do pickups with the mother ship and the conditions in that area are rough. The diving in general is for very ADVANCED divers..the currents are strong and we aborted a few dives after being swept into the blue..although this was part of the adventure. Most dives were drift or "live dives" ..lots of fun. Dont let those water temps fool you..wear a 3mil and bring two. its really nice to have a dry uniform to wear for each dive! a couple of notes...
The shuttle service..this was 15 pax vans...luggage went in one and people in the other. They stop a a local grocery store near San Juan for divers to pick up supplies...beer, wine, munchies etc. Its along ride to the boat. There is a large while cooler on the rear deck for your beer.
Shore excursions...we did only one stop, the least nite at a port on the SW corner of puerto rico...hit a local tavern and restaurant. You are not allowed to go on Mona or Monita..
If anybody need any more info..hit me up.

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:08 AM

Thanks for the report DDiver1....

I would note a few add'l observations from our trip in Feb to St Croix...

1. The food was great...she must of gotten some new recipies...had better access to supplies which is usually the problem on boats like this...or just had more practice. No one went hungry and many raved about her food in Feb.

2. Yes Nitrox is limited to 10 spots so sign up early for it if you want it!

3. I do not know what some mean by advanced diving but keeping your fins on your wrists will allow you to more easily access the boat if the waves pick up and you are thrown off the ladder. This diving is similar to NC which means you should have at least AOW or equivilent and 40 or more dives. I will agree this is NOT a new diver's destination. Part of the fun is getting swept away...if that happens but it also is part of the reason this is not a new diver's destination. However of the people I've seen sign up that I've dove with already...I see all of them being able to handle the conditions if they keep diving this year of course! :birthday:

4. Agree on water temps....you will always feel more chilled after repetitive diving. Great idea to bring a second suit and let one dry out before putting the other one on!

Thanks again for the great info! I know this will be an amazing trip!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:11 AM

Matt its great to have you! And I have special news for everyone in the next couple of posts!!! :birthday:

formerly...

#55 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

Important Update:

Don't forget....

AND BOOK AND PAY BY APRIL 1st (NO FOOLING) FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A FREE UPGRADE TO A SINGLE ROOM and/or FREE NITROX!

Checks postmarked April 1st or earlier qualify. Paypal payments rec'd by 11:59 pm 4-1-09 qualify!

formerly...

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

IMPORTANT PRICE & TAX INCENTIVE UPDATE!

Nekton Cruises and SingleDivers.com announced at BTS consumer dive show in NJ a $100 special Price Reduction* for the show and the month of April on top of the extra $50 SingleDivers.com is offering our members if you book before April 15th! So don't delay...the price is NOW $1595....and if you are a premier member you can STILL apply for your member rebate after the trip and knock another $25 off making the trip only $1570!!!

And yes this offer is retroactive to anyone on the trip already! So EVERYONE wins on this trip...No Fooling! :birthday:

But hurry...this offer will not last long...

* Note the full CASH price discount for this trip is $1745. You can either pay $100 less for your repeat customer discount if you are a repeat Nekton customer for a final price of $1645 with the $25 rebate after the trip OR you can take $150 off in our combined SD/Nekton Tax Break Special and pay ONLY $1595 and STILL get your $25 member rebate after the trip reducing your price even further! This is a one time offer so do not delay if you are interested! It is ONLY good until April 15th. All checks must be post marked by April 15th to qualify. All paypay payments must be rec'd by 11:59 April 15th and all credit card auth forms faxed by 11:59 April 15th or postmarked by April 15th!

** And don't forget to pay in full by April 1st and have a chance to win FREE NITROX and/or FREE UPGRADE TO A SINGLE ROOM!!! :birthday:

formerly...

#57 Rumblebee

Rumblebee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Tec 45 / Intro Cave / Sidemount Diver
  • Logged Dives:N/A

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

** And don't forget to pay in full by April 1st and have a chance to win FREE NITROX and/or FREE UPGRADE TO A SINGLE ROOM!!! :wakawaka: [/i]

:unsure: Is paying in full required to be eligible to win free nitrox and/or a free upgrade to a single room? I thought it was 2 chances if paying in full and 1 chance for paying the deposit. :unsure:

:thankyou:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)

#58 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

** And don't forget to pay in full by April 1st and have a chance to win FREE NITROX and/or FREE UPGRADE TO A SINGLE ROOM!!! :wakawaka: [/i]

:unsure: Is paying in full required to be eligible to win free nitrox and/or a free upgrade to a single room? I thought it was 2 chances if paying in full and 1 chance for paying the deposit. :unsure:

:P

DING!!! DING!!! DING!!!!

You are correct....I forgot to mention the (1) chance for getting your deposit in by the above parameters....

formerly...

#59 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

Document Update:

1. Dave aka Dave L ww got your nekton waiver! :cheerleader:

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

Info Update:

Dive Insurance is Mandatory for All SingleDivers.com Trips. If I have contacted you to send me your insurance number and expiration date, please do so ASAP! :birthday:

Trip insurance is STRONGLY suggested...in turbulent times if you need to cancel or the weather delays you or flight troubles...the insurance will cover you.

DIVE Insurance such as Dive Assure or DAN etc is REQUIRED because as the trip leader I can not bear the emotional strain of watching one of our members suffer or even die in front of me because they do not have THOUSANDS of dollars of credit limit which can then be spent on treatments in other countries. Unlike the US which has to treat you to some extent regardless...in other countries...if you have no money you will get no services. And I do not have the money to pay for your treatments which is why I have DIVE INSURANCE from BOTH Dan and DiveAssure. Its cheap at the price and one or the other will pay for everything dive accident or illness related.

So PLEASE :pray: do yourself and your loved ones and friends a favor...and get your DIVE INSURANCE now and keep it current! In fact take a moment right now to ensure its renewed! This helps us when you do travel with us but it helps YOU when you don't!

Proper and FAST treatment of illness/injury on a dive trip is the SECRET to surviving and diving again! :birthday:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users