• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

I want permission to view you!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

And don't forget, Steve: if I recruit you to by my HH Planner for NJ, you will definitely want the Private Messaging benefit for our behind-the-scenes planning. Not mandatory, but definitely easier!

And yes, since you ask, my profile has been filled out rather thoroughly, and some of it may surprise you! Your turn to write something in the "about me" page of yours! :thankyou:
Posted Image

#17 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hey LLDN I just popped into your profile!! I'm thinking we can still work something out....place to stay in Fla, 2 hours drive time to Jupiter to dive, since you and I both know I don't do power tools and am a poor shot in the piggie department...

Steve; I lurked around as a member for a while to get the feel of things, then I wanted to PM someone and guess what? Worth the $35.00 even though I have yet to go on a trip with SD. The PM alone was worth it to me since I wold not want to post my cel number on the internet, I really wanted to go diving with my new friends, participate in the HH, and be able to find them or vice-versa when lost en-route.....

#18 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:15 PM

:thankyou: Ooooooo, I never put in my profile that I'm an expert marksman - the Army taught me - so we can have bacon on the table sooner! Don't know if I can put up with another Missouri winter. If I show up on your doorstep, tools in hand, you'll take me in, right? :lmao:
Posted Image

#19 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

Steve....I have the idea you have not met anyone in person yet from the site. I found SD just by searching around on the web myself. So happened they were having a Happy Hour and Dive Show in Houston shortly afterward. By the time I met WW and some of the others I was ready to go home and pay my $35.....and go on a trip with the big bunch!! So I got $25 back after the trip and I will continue to pay my yearly fee. GREAT people here......even if I am one of them!! :lmao:

You seem like someone who fits right in. :thankyou: Enjoy your stay!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#20 Sassi

Sassi

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:35 PM

Hi Steve - I haven't been on a trip with anyone from SD yet (unless of course you count BTS sand PNW dive shows last year AND this year! :lmao: :) ) Though I've been to several NJ HHs. (it is time for one of those again - stay tuned, it will happen if i have to plan it all myself!)

I can't say enough great things about EVERYONE I have met here. Your sense of humor will fit well with everyone here - again, :thankyou:

#21 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:57 PM

:lmao: Ooooooo, I never put in my profile that I'm an expert marksman - the Army taught me - so we can have bacon on the table sooner! Don't know if I can put up with another Missouri winter. If I show up on your doorstep, tools in hand, you'll take me in, right? :D

I enjoyed our commentary when I vented about the darn piggies. I have deer eating my hibiscus too. I have a spare room....

#22 whodunit68

whodunit68

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi AOW, IANTD Intro Cave, 100 total dives
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

I think I've confused myself on my own thread. hey you hijackers, does the $35 allow you to hijack MY welcome thread?! Wait, this isn't a welcome thread...this is a...umm, oh heck. I started today in FL, I'm now writing from the Denver airport after a fun day here via Charlotte, and on my way to SFO where I spend the night and head red-eye back to Philly. oy vey. then...well, maybe back to FL cave country. See, nowhere is too far.

Thank you for the welcome Bowdiver.
There are many of you who have extended warm welcomes and I thank you for taking the time to do so.
Sassi, I sold my sense of humour on eBay last night so I guess I get to keep my $35. Thanks for reminding me, I did actually sell something on eBay so I have to get get the invoice out. IF I collect, $26 of my fee is paid!

ScubaSis, correct. I just got here a few days ago. Actually, I met some folks at BTS this year. I volunteered for one of the other places and one of your folk was spying...err, stopped by to say hello.

LLDN...so, you recruit me to be a volunteer and it only costs me $35 (btw, is that the real fee? I just made up a number!). I think this alone is worth it! I forgot what HH is after all this mumbo jumbo!

LynnChan, the fish talk to me. The fish talk to me. ohm. ohm. the fish talk to me. yessirree Bob...err LynnChan, the fish talk to me (and the eels too).

WreckWrench...I think the 10 step program actually has 12 steps. I'm very worried about you :lmao: ....

pmarie - I'm sure....frankly the issue started more as a matter of a suggestion. I couldn't care about the $35 if there was even a single profile that interested me. However, since I can't see the profiles....I know I saw a great big smile (or a photo of one) on this very thread of someone in NJ. That alone might be worth the $35 (again, no idea the actual amount - ooops!).

Urchin of the Sea, I understand...I was only having a little fun. I am a single diver except when I'm not. Even when I'm not, I'm a single diver. So, I guess, I'm always a single diver who currently has 35 extra bucks in his pocket.

And whoever it was that suggested I fill out my profile...my paypal address for the $35 is.....@...com.

I think I just hijacked my own thread. Bad me.
Steve
-----
Steve

• "Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them."
  • "All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it."
  • "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." all 3 by Samuel Butler
  • "Save a life, adopt a shelter pet (http://www.petfinder.com/)"
  • "The secret of life is there ain't no secret and you don't get your money back."-Faith Hill

#23 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:17 AM

Yep, you'll fit right in! :lmao:
Posted Image

#24 whodunit68

whodunit68

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:00 AM

Yep, you'll fit right in! :D

lol :lmao:
-----
Steve

• "Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them."
  • "All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it."
  • "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." all 3 by Samuel Butler
  • "The secret of life is there ain't no secret and you don't get your money back."-Faith Hill

#25 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

LLDN...so, you recruit me to be a volunteer and it only costs me $35 (btw, is that the real fee? I just made up a number!). I think this alone is worth it! I forgot what HH is after all this mumbo jumbo!

Steve

Happy Hour!!!

#26 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:37 PM

Steve

Happy Hour!!!

aka kicking back in a casual atmosphere with like-minded individuals (the always-fun divers) with some food and an adult beverage (or two, or three) and the never-ending tales of dives past and dives future.....
Posted Image

#27 whodunit68

whodunit68

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

sweeeet! Sounds fun.
So are there hidden fees in this volunteer activity that I'll be dedicating all my free time to? :birthday: j/k...anyhow, I'm home but exhausted. more for you peeps later (especially those with nice great big smiles).
Steve
-----
Steve

#28 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

Steve! I'm a bit late to the party, but welcome to the Fun House, err, SingleDivers.com!! Most of us are a bit quirky (some more than others...have you met PlatypusMan yet perchance?) and my five-and-seven-eighth's sense tells me you'll fit in well!!

...now where was I? Oooh! Shiny things!! Why did the Somali pirates drink all of my ginger peach tea? Weeeeeeeee're OFF to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz...............

Posted Image

Edited by Victoria, 23 April 2009 - 12:11 PM.

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#29 whodunit68

whodunit68

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

Steve! I'm a bit late to the party, but welcome to the Fun House, err, SingleDivers.com!! Most of us are a bit quirky (some more than others...have you met PlatypusMan yet perchance?) and my five-and-seven-eighth's sense tells me you'll fit in well!!

...now where was I? Oooh! Shiny things!! Why did the Somali pirates drink all of my ginger peach tea? Weeeeeeeee're OFF to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz...............

Posted Image

hi Victoria,
Thank you for the welcome. As for the rest, I'm scared of you! :birthday:
I have not met or eMet PlatypusMan.
Steve
-----
Steve

#30 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image

hi Victoria,
Thank you for the welcome. As for the rest, I'm scared of you! :birthday:
I have not met or eMet PlatypusMan.
Steve

No need to be! I'm just seriously ADD... Oooh! Kitty!
Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users