• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Where's the cheap Meclizine?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:21 AM

OK, so I bought a small box of Meclizine at WalMart the other day, for my quick Ft. Lauderdale trip (16 tabs for a little over $4). But, I have the Fiji and the Bonaire trips coming up, and I've been online trying to find those deals that some of you have told me about, so I can stock up.

Are all the deals gone these days? I'll pay what I have to, but just like everyone else these days, I'm looking for the best price....... :)
Posted Image

#2 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

Try asking the pharmacist for a behind the counter generic that may not need a Rx from your doctor or if you have a DR visit planned soon ask for a Rx for it.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#3 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

We got ours at Amazon.com - 100 tablets in a bottle. :)
Known puker

#4 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

I asked at the Walgreens pharmacy here for Meclazine. I got their last bottle of 100. It may also work to ask for motion sickness medicine from the pharmacy and ask for a generic because on the trip to Cozumel that I went on there was another person who asked for that. When she wondered how much to take, I looked at the bottle and it was Meclazine- just double the dose of what I had, so I gave her my inexpert opinion of what worked for me.

#5 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:09 PM

http://www.amazon.co...g...201&sr=1-12

Wow, Great price. I may buy some JIC.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#6 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

I love the members on this site! Stan, as always, thanks for the link. I changed from the 12.5mg to the 25mg dose, though, and bought 2 bottles! Great prices. The 25mg 100 count bottle is only $11.73 plus shipping.
Posted Image

#7 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

Now don't overdose or become addicted!!!!
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#8 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

No worries, Stan! I could quit any time I want, I swear! .....but nobody on the boat wants me to quit! :birthday:

You know as well as I do how much I need this stuff to make my first couple of days more bearable! :teeth: I look terrible in green.....
Posted Image

#9 UP Diver

UP Diver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Board Status:Occasionally lurking on and off the board...
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:>150

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:35 PM

No worries, Stan! I could quit any time I want, I swear! .....but nobody on the boat wants me to quit! :birthday:

You know as well as I do how much I need this stuff to make my first couple of days more bearable! :teeth: I look terrible in green.....

LLDN - Great price unless you can hit a physician's sample cache...

No major worries about overdosage...You would REALLY have to want to be in total la-la land to exceed 100 mg day. Somehow I can see benefits if you suffer motion sickness or nausea, but you sure would be defeating your diving goals. If you are going to FL for checkout dives or to checkout others, you really want to avoid medications that can be considered to impair your judgement!

UP Diver
:P
"Well, my name is Jim...
but most people just call me - Jim."

Gene Wilder, Blazing Saddles

#10 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:49 AM

No worries, Stan! I could quit any time I want, I swear! .....but nobody on the boat wants me to quit! :P

Tammy, I am in the same league with you when it comes to umm - puking. :) Florida killed me - because of the "washing machine" effect on most of the dives in Key Largo - not sure how the water will be where you are going to be this trip. :) There were only a couple of times that I felt the "urge" on our trip in Fiji - - so hopefully you will be good. I am not sure if you have issues with small planes and motion sickness - if you do - take something way before you hit that puddle jumper to Kadavu - it's an experience. :) BUT........what a beautfiul flight -

From one fellow puker to another - medicate and enjoy! :birthday:
Known puker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users