• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Greetings from the 'OC' California

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Socal_Scuba_Gal

Socal_Scuba_Gal

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 31 March 2004 - 02:58 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

So Jaime, when are we going diving??? :)

Warm Regards,

Jan

'Live to Dive, Dive to Live' Have Scuba, will travel! LOL

#17 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:49 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

So Jaime, when are we going diving??? :twist:

Warm Regards,

Jan

'Live to Dive, Dive to Live' Have Scuba, will travel! LOL

I'll give you a call this evening ... I'm thinking Saturday?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#18 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:21 PM

Howdy Jan! :twist:

Welcome to the party. Don't know what we'll be when we grow up, but it'll be fun!
:D
I'll be in your area Memorial Day Weekend, for a 3 day on the Great Escape. You gonna' be around...?

don

Some people here call me "PATTON" :diver:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#19 Socal_Scuba_Gal

Socal_Scuba_Gal

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:53 AM

Hey Don,

I will hopefully be Diving and Camping down in Baja just south of La Bufodora over Memorial Day weekend. Depends on if I get my plates for my car in time. I do not want to drive down south without having my California plates on my new car! ...Ugh....I'm starting to think that I may not get them in time.

You will love the Great Escape. Are you getting a state room? I usally get one when I am aboard. The state rooms can sleep 3 people, two on top, and one on the bottom.

I will be going on a three day dive/ kayak trip to Santa Cruz Island in June. I am really looking forward to it. Not only the diving, but the kayaking and exploring the cool caves and caverans.

I will keep you posted re my plans re Mexico.

Regards,

Jan

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:01 AM

Hi Jan...welcome!! I'm glad you found us!!! This is a fun place to hang out and off-gas between dives...find new dive buddies (which I see you've done already...way to go girl!!!) and find some incrediable dive trips and deals to take advantage of!!!

Maybe you can join us in Bonaire in June? You'll find the full details on the main site under "upcoming dive trips" as well as posted under Singles Dive Trips here at the "Surface Inteval".

Welcome aboard and please let us know what you think!!! -wreck wench

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 Socal_Scuba_Gal

Socal_Scuba_Gal

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:52 AM

I would love to go to Bonaire. I am trying to decide what I want to do. Ugh....so many decisions, so little time. Bonaire, Roatan, Cabo, Cancun (could do cozumel too), Cocoview Hoduras, or HI the big Island.

I know the Singles trip would be outrageous...although, Cabo is ALWAY outrageous every time I am there...teehee...

Did someone mention Blue Agave? Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! B)

Mmmmmmm...not always mix with diving though. :welcome:

~Jan

#22 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:32 AM

I would love to go to Bonaire. I am trying to decide what I want to do. Ugh....so many decisions, so little time. Bonaire, Roatan, Cabo, Cancun (could do cozumel too), Cocoview Hoduras, or HI the big Island.

I know the Singles trip would be outrageous...although, Cabo is ALWAY outrageous every time I am there...teehee...

Did someone mention Blue Agave? Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! B)

Mmmmmmm...not always mix with diving though. :welcome:

~Jan

So I'm guessing that your definition of "Trimix" is tequila, lime juice, and salt? :o
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#23 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:40 PM

Hey that sounds good sign me up for the trimix class! :welcome:

#24 Socal_Scuba_Gal

Socal_Scuba_Gal

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 02:28 PM

Ok Jamie and Chinacat,

I will sign you up for my 'special' Trimex Class. How are you all at dancing and doing the 'Scuba Limbo'??? ROTFLOL Did I mention table tops??? oh yeah, and Poncho Villa running around spinning heads with his shots of tequilla???

I have a time share that I can use just about anywhere. Financially, it's cheaper for me to book a two bedroom condo and fill it with my friends than it would be to fork over $1400. Right now, it looks like it might be Cancun and Cozumel. There is a shuttle boat to take us to Cozumel from Cancun. We will see.............. I REALLY want to go to Cocoview, Honduras. http://cocoviewresort.com Check it out!

Jamie, maybe you and I can test the Trimex later! LOL B)

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 03:30 PM

Ok Jamie and Chinacat,

I will sign you up for my 'special' Trimex Class.  How are you all at dancing and doing the 'Scuba Limbo'???  ROTFLOL  Did I mention table tops???  oh yeah, and Poncho Villa running around spinning heads with his shots of tequilla???

I have a time share that I can use just about anywhere.  Financially, it's cheaper for me to book a two bedroom condo and fill it with my friends than it would be to fork over $1400.  Right now, it looks like it might be Cancun and Cozumel.  There is a shuttle boat to take us to Cozumel from Cancun.  We will see..............  I REALLY want to go to Cocoview, Honduras.  http://cocoviewresort.com  Check it out!

Jamie, maybe you and  I can test the Trimex later!  LOL  B)

Fiscal responsibility aside.....WHERE WOULD YOU HAVE THE MOST FUN????
:luvsign: :luvsign: :o :whistle: :2cool:
And Girlfriend....it's all about the FUN!!!

Now sign me up for that special 'trimix' class....in fact...I think we'll add that to the Bonaire trip offering...."free special 'trimix' class for all qualified participants" Woo Hoo!!! :dance:

And what makes you qualified....well if you recognize the ingredients...you might be qualified...if you can identify them separately...you might be qualifed....and if you can drink the 'trimix' recipie when we are done....well then you are CERTAINLY qualifed!!!

Hey...its beer-thirty somewhere...and its definitely 'liquor-thirty' in big D!! I think its time to start practicing for that class!!! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#26 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 05:20 PM

:D I think Jan said it was TriMex not mix if I caught it right. I've stayed at Anthony's Key when I was in Honduras but wanted to stay at CoCo View on my next trip to Roatan. But I've never been to Cozumel and the Trimex sounds good to me. I think I might have done some of that at Cabo Wabo.

- Chuck

#27 scoobiediver

scoobiediver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, working on more.
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 02 April 2004 - 05:36 PM

:dance: Hi Jan, its good to see you on SD.Com. Hope you make many longtime friends here.

From, "the first SD.Com Boob". As WW says :D

#28 Socal_Scuba_Gal

Socal_Scuba_Gal

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:03 PM

:D I think Jan said it was TriMex not mix if I caught it right. I've stayed at Anthony's Key when I was in Honduras but wanted to stay at CoCo View on my next trip to Roatan. But I've never been to Cozumel and the Trimex sounds good to me. I think I might have done some of that at Cabo Wabo.

- Chuck

Hmmmm........Cabo Wabo? My kind of guy.......How about the Gigglin Marlin? I do have to admit, I did not get 'strung up.' Not enough of the 'Trimex' in me. I did have one of their famous 'Strip and Go Naked' OMG! No wonder they only allow one per customer. ROTFLOL My fav, is the Office however, BOY......do I have stories! Teehee.......... :lol:

I absolutely LOVE Cabo...part of me wants to go back, but part of me tells me that I need to try some place new. I did the drift two years ago in Cozumel which was pretty cool. If I decide to go to Cancun, I hear there is a 20 minute ferry to take you over to Cozumel.

I have been wanting to go to Cocoview ever since my friends went last October and said they would go back in a heartbeat. It's mostly all inclusive with diving 24/7.

Most likely, I will go to Cabo as well. I really want to dive Cabo Pulmo in October in hopes to see the Hammerheads. :unsure: ...and I'm not talking about hammered divers! LOL

:dance: Jan

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:35 PM

I have been wanting to go to Cocoview ever since my friends went last October and said they would go back in a heartbeat. It's mostly all inclusive with diving 24/7.

:lol: Jan

Hey girl...are you in luck or what??? We are planning Honduras in either Sept or Grenada.....the latter being so pristine they say it is what Cozy was 40 years ago and ONLY the Europeans know about it!! The price is the same to visit each island so I"m torn between which destination to offer for the Sept trip. Let me know if you have a preference...I'd love to have you along!!! -ww

formerly...

#30 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:15 AM

:D Well I've only been to Cabo once and we spent the week on the Solmar V so we only had one night in Cabo. I guess that was lucky or unlucky depending on your point of view. We got pretty hammered since it was the last night and our flight wasn't until 1pm. We hit Squid Roe :unsure: , the Gigglin' Marlin(I didn't get strung up either but had a wicked margaritta) and Cabo Wabo. Squid Roe was a zoo. You could barely move in that place. The Gigglin' Marlin was fun and we did see people getting strung up as for Cabo Wabo it was just plain loud and crazy. We did find a "quiet" spot if you can believe that. We stumbled back :lol: to the boat around 2:30 and I didn't feel to bad the next day but I sure have felt a lot better. Now Frontier has a direct flight from Denver to Cabo and it is a pretty good deal so I could see going back and hanging in Cabo itself and dive from there. The diving off the Solmar was good but I've dived in lot nicer places. I guess I like real nice reefs and the reefs in the Sea of Cortez have very little coral. Didn't see one damn hammerhead either but did see some mantas and white tips. The seals were probably the most fun.

WW you talking pristine check out where I will be in Sept. www.wakatobi.com That is pristine! B)

- Chuck

Edited by chinacat46, 03 April 2004 - 10:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users